Platt (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

And you accuse me of Sun style journalism. You must work for the Sunday Sport.

Ha ha I know. It's a bugger when someone takes part of your sentence, highlights takes it slightly out of context. Then uses it to roger u up the a**e. I am the new addition of the Sun on Sunday. :)

Tankie

"And right under the refs nose too"???
How Andy Durso, missed the attempted disrobing of Clive Platt in the box, for one of the blatent penalties, I don't know, and the other, Nimley, I think!!, having his arm ripped out of the socket, by a Barnsley defender.
The ref had a poor game, in my opinion, and both sides, suffered some pretty poor decisions.
Its about time, refs showed some balls, on this Holding and blocking off issue, which is now common place in our game, its deliberate obstruction, and if it happens in the box it should be a penalty, it would not take too many sending offs, to cure this plague that has infected our game.
Refs are turning a blind eye to these offence's week in week out, Fifa, should be giving a clearer directive, the solution is so easy!..."Send em off"
Have a nice day...Tankie..

WillieStanley

Platt is a trooper. I wish he was 5 years younger.

The most fouled against player in the league but just gets on with it. Talks to the players, speaks sense in interviews and always gives 100%.

StevieM

When you read the opposition managers assesment in post match interviews they all mention Platty saying what a handful he is and that what a big (quite literally) player he is for us.
I'm sure his treatment from opposition defenders is all under orders from the managers.
Yes he is a journeyman, and this for him is the pinnacle of his playing career-it is just a shame that it is coming perhaps towards the end of it.
Platty actually does seem to play for the shirt and looks proud to do so, coming at a time when a certain "player" seems only worried about what he can screw out of the club for as little in return as contractually possible.
It would be nice to think that the Clive Platts of this world had been given a fraction of the financial reward that others may have but I doubt that somehow:thinking about:

ccfcway

now this isnt a anti platt comment, althought i know it will look like one...

3 in 46 is all well and good when you are "bringing others into the game", but no-one else in the team is scoring, so we have to look at Platt as one of our 2 main strikers, and he has a 3 in 46 ratio..any wonder we are in this mess ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

now this isnt a anti platt comment, althought i know it will look like one...

3 in 46 is all well and good when you are "bringing others into the game", but no-one else in the team is scoring, so we have to look at Platt as one of our 2 main strikers, and he has a 3 in 46 ratio..any wonder we are in this mess ?
In November time he scored 2 goals vs Southampton and West Ham. They were not 46 games ago? His goal scoring record is bad but I am just curious as to where are you getting 3 from 46 from?

ccfcway

In November time he scored 2 goals vs Southampton and West Ham. They were not 46 games ago? His goal scoring record is bad but I am just curious as to where are you getting 3 from 46 from?

Sky Sports

They must have said it about 4 times after he scored yesterday

Sky Blue Sheepy

Yeah I noticed that stat yesterday, fools. As for Platt, I was so desperate to see Cody have a chance, I was prepared to ignore how well Platt did. Happy to praise Thorn for ignoring my wish!

poet

I have a lot of respect for Platt. Never going to win awards for the best player, but clearly always proud to put the shirt on!

Users who are viewing this thread