Plantar Facilitis. (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Any tips? It's doing my fucking head in!

SkyBlueCharlie9

Takes time that mate and blooming painfull. Stretching exercises eg. leaning on a wall help, lots online about that I found investing in some really comfy trainers with good support especially under arch of foot. Swimming and walking on it lots is really good and combine with the RICE process.
Lastly - not saying you are a porker mate, but mine happened when I put a few pounds on. When I shed a few it helped. My feet couldn't cope with carting my lard arse around. 🤣 Good luck.

SAJ

I’ve had it one thing I found really useful was rolling the sole of my foot back and forwards over a deodorant can. It stretches it and forces blood into it which eventually assists in it healing.

Rich

Heel raises on the stairs as much as humanly possible fixed mine. Just kept doing it, got some strength in the arch and it finally went.

bulko

I’ve had it now for two years it kills I’ve tried everything shoes trainers insoles nothing works had a cortisone injection that was very painful and didn’t work.

richnrg

I had it for years and tried this (alongside all of the other suggestions i.e. lose weight, roll tennis ball under foot etc)

Plantar Fasciitis Sock (physioroom.com)

Wearing it drove me mad for the first few nights, but after much perseverance it helped. Keeps the foot stretched whilst you sleep, so you avoid the painful getting out of bed in the morning stage.

Reactions: vow

wingy

I had it for years and tried this (alongside all of the other suggestions i.e. lose weight, roll tennis ball under foot etc)

Plantar Fasciitis Sock (physioroom.com)

Wearing it drove me mad for the first few nights, but after much perseverance it helped. Keeps the foot stretched whilst you sleep, so you avoid the painful getting out of bed in the morning stage.
Far too bondagey mate. 😉

Seriously though anyone who suffers this has my sympathy.
This sounds an awful condition /ailment and while I haven't suffered it have had other issues.

eastwoodsdustman

I was struggling with it a couple of years ago but got a few pairs of insoles from eBay for all of my shoes and trainers and it’s helped no end.
I bought some new cricket boots this year and they have the neoprene sock inside so can’t wear the insoles and really feel it again the day after playing.

Nick

Administrator
I saw an osteo and just after i had this, not sure what he did to me.

Yeah inner soles helped and also some socks i slept in.

Kneeza

My dragon has suffered with it for years, on and off. Meaning I have too.
Nothing seems to help tbh. She's done all the recommended things and spent a fortune on shoes designed to help, but which haven't.
Fortunately we're going through a period where it's not too much of an issue other than first thing in the morning, but when it's bad She's more or less immobile, poor sod.
Hopefully you find something that works for you.

SkyBlueScottie

Rolling the foot over something, I used a can of beans which had been in the fridge for a while. I also used a "compression " sock it supported the instep, and helped.

Bertola

Best thing I found, was toe separators (the type your mrs will use when painting her toe nails). Pop them in for half hour or so each night, and it really helped me.

It's an absolute bastard though isn't it? Mine came on with no warning about a year ago, and suffered with it for over 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread