Plan for Next Season (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Let Joe Cole fly out to America and any loans we have replacements for in their position let them sit on the bench and play our own players.

If Fleck isn't signing, let him sit on the bench and let the Bulgarian play.

When Rose is back, let him feature.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree with you Nick - let George Thomas and some of the youngsters have a run out - those leaving, let them take a back seat for now. Let's look forward.

dongonzalos

Let Joe Cole fly out to America and any loans we have replacements for in their position let them sit on the bench and play our own players.

If Fleck isn't signing, let him sit on the bench and let the Bulgarian play.

When Rose is back, let him feature.

....................RCC................
Phillips...Ricketts..Martin...Haynes
...............Vince,...Rose....:...:.........
Murphy...........Vlad.................Jones
..................Armstrong..........,,,,...

Got to still play Murphy and Armstrong unfortunately to even try and compete

Do we earn more the higher up we finish?

Nick

Administrator
....................RCC................
Phillips...Ricketts..Martin...Haynes
...............Vince,...Rose....:...:.........
Murphy...........Vlad.................Jones
..................Armstrong..........,,,,...

Got to still play Murphy and Armstrong unfortunately to even try and compete

Do we earn more the higher up we finish?

I wouldn't play Murphy either if we can help it.

shmmeee

Play this team:

RCC
Philips Martin Willis (is he fit yet?)Stokes
Vincelot Bulgarian
Rose Lameiras Jones
Thomas

S: Addai, Harries, Kelly-Evans, Stevenson, Kelly-Evans, Sayoud, Fortune (because you can't get rid of him)

We'll get spanked every week, but that's not much of a change.

Chipfat

The word plan and our club does not even enter into the same galaxy but the words stumble, spin and court cases do. While the club is owned by JS investors this pattern will carry on and fans will be told next year will be different. Change a manager, change a squad brings nothing different in terms of results.

Nick

Administrator
Play this team:

RCC
Vincelot Bulgarian
Rose Lameiras Jones
Thomas

S: Addai, Harries, Kelly-Evans, Stevenson, Kelly-Evans, Sayoud, Fortune (because you can't get rid of him)

I'd bet we put up a better fight!

Nick

Administrator
The word plan and our club does not even enter into the same galaxy but the words stumble, spin and court cases do. While the club is owned by JS investors this pattern will carry on and fans will be told next year will be different. Change a manager, change a squad brings nothing different in terms of results.

I was talking for Mowbray's planning.

dongonzalos

Play this team:

RCC
Vincelot Bulgarian
Rose Lameiras Jones
Thomas

Isn't stokes out for the season?

Nick

Administrator
I don't disagree with the reasoning, I do suspect some/many of the loanees have clauses saying they have to play if fit... which means they'll play to the end.

Get Deegan back for a training session then, put a change to the fitness!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The thing is if we did do that and dropped everyone who is not going to be here next season, no doubt the people who called for him to do exactly that would then be slamming the manager even more if we lost heavily.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is if we did do that and dropped everyone who is not going to be here next season, no doubt the people who called for him to do exactly that would then be slamming the manager even more if we lost heavily.

Nope, we have nothing to play for now.

I'd much rather see our players lose with 100% fight than the shit we have been seeing.

Chipfat

I was talking for Mowbray's planning.

How can he plan when the club has no direction. If you do not get it right off the field the changes on it will never bring success. Or are we just not looking at the only constant we have had in the last 8 years and ignoring that is the most important.

As for the team answer is for next year all can see it, we have to get the players TM thinks will play a part next year involved now, Stevenson, Harries, Kelly Evans, even give the sub keeper a few games ready for a loan next year to L2. That i do put on TM but while he thinks we have a chance of top 6 he would be slaughtered for bringing all these kids in without league experience. I think we will see some of the young kids being introduced over the coming weeks.

I would also bring back Haynes and play him every game until end of the season leaving Ricketts in the stand knowing he will not wear the shirt unless of injury.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nope, we have nothing to play for now.

I'd much rather see our players lose with 100% fight than the shit we have been seeing.
Its bollox, if we played G Thomas, Haynes, Vlad, Lameiras, Harries and whoever else you want to name and then went on to get smashed 4/5-0 the knives would be out for the manager even more agressively

Grendel

Its bollox, if we played G Thomas, Haynes, Vlad, Lameiras, Harries and whoever else you want to name and then went on to get smashed 4/5-0 the knives would be out for the manager even more agressively

We will lose every game anyway so who cares

Ashdown

The manager has utterly blown it, he'll be off anyway I'm sure ! He sounds as beaten as his team looks every time you hear the poor bloke.

Chipfat

We will lose every game anyway so who cares

If TM plans it right the younger players from our u21's who should be playing for a career should care. Henderson, Hunt, Ricketts, Fleck, Ramage, MAF and OB along with the loans do not have anything to prove here or have a future. They should be told to go sit in the stand or sit at home with those willing to help these younger player to come train and help the development as we still are paying them.

Cole and Tudgay should be used in the same manner but be apart of game day squads if needed, G Thomas and Sambou need a run in the side, might change the lads opinion and we will know if Thomas can step in.

chiefdave

Don't think it would be a good idea to put 4 or 5 new kids in at once but I'd definitely be making sure they all get some decent minutes in between now and the end of the season.

ccfcway

lost 10 in 15. if we aren't calling for it now, losing 14 in 20 wont be any different

SBT

It's imperative we give the young players some first team booing experience. I don't see how we can expect to develop the fans' confidence-shattering abilities unless we start blooding some youngsters. It's the Coventry Way!

Gazolba

if needed, G Thomas and Sambou need a run in the side, might change the lads opinion and we will know if Thomas can step in.

Sambou's as good as gone so he won't play for us again. TM had the chance to give him some time and blew it. Thomas and Tudgay would be a good striking pair to try.

Johnnythespider

Sambou's as good as gone so he won't play for us again. TM had the chance to give him some time and blew it. Thomas and Tudgay would be a good striking pair to try.
So if Mowbray had put him on the bench and given him 20 minutes here and there he wouldn't have been advised to take the money on offer in the premier league?

Gazolba

So if Mowbray had put him on the bench and given him 20 minutes here and there he wouldn't have been advised to take the money on offer in the premier league?

I wouldn't say that but I think if we had been in contention for promotion AND he had been given some glimpses of game time, it might have made a difference.

stevefloyd

I really hope his plan B is because of prospective signings being unavailable and they will be lining up for next season.
I guess a lot of work had to be done off the pitch to put things in place to try and put the club in a stronger position for next season, with our owners being rather reluctant to throw cash into the pot I suppose its down to the luck of the draw with players coming in...heres hoping!!

Users who are viewing this thread