plan for Championship or Division One football.... (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesDorothy

Seems sensible we should plan for both scenarios but that must be difficult.

I suppose SISU need to decide if it will stick around into next season!

What do you think?

Brighton Sky Blue

Seems sensible we should plan for both scenarios but that must be difficult.

I suppose SISU need to decide if it will stick around into next season!

What do you think?

I think SISU see next season as an irrelevance. There is no point in them putting a few extra quid into the team this season when SISU will not receive any extra benefits from the club staying up, as it looks like that will become the Hoffmann consortium's problem. Equally, if they know they're likely not to be here next season, then going down won't have any adverse effects for them either-it simply becomes someone else's mess to deal with!

OyJimmy

If we stay up and Hoffman takes over and has some cash to splash then we should bring in the most tried and tested manager we can find with a history of winning things. No more taking chances on another manager who looks OK. Personally I'd offer someone like George Graham a bumper pay deal and give him an agreed budget up front.

What I'm really saying is no more losers, chancers or inexperienced managers please. If we can't find a manager with a history of winning stuff in this country. Let's go abroad. No more Reid's, Coleman's, Dowies or Thorn's please.

Hugh Jarse

What I'm really saying is no more losers, chancers or inexperienced managers please. If we can't find a manager with a history of winning stuff in this country. Let's go abroad. No more Reid's, Coleman's, Dowies or Thorn's please.

What manager with a history of winning is going to come and manage us? I don't know what you are on but it aint working!!

Gaz

Tbf Dowie and Adams had both got promotion out of the championship with there teams before becoming our managers.
So it's not always the best choice.

If I had to say a manager, then I would go for Paul Ince.

Nonleagueherewecome

Whatever the answer to our long term failure with "proven" managers is, George Graham isn't it.

I'd rather go for a young, up and coming manager like Paul Tisdale. He gets the most out of every player and has turned players who were rejects at bigger clubs into gems. Also knows L1 inside out, and that's probably where we'll be.

OyJimmy

Whatever the answer to our long term failure with "proven" managers is, George Graham isn't it.

I'd rather go for a young, up and coming manager like Paul Tisdale. He gets the most out of every player and has turned players who were rejects at bigger clubs into gems. Also knows L1 inside out, and that's probably where we'll be.

So even if we stayed up and had enough money under Hoffman to bring in quality players and attract a quality manager you would still go for Tisdale?

In that scenario I'd like to see us show some real hunger and ambition and bring in someone who will win the respect of the fans and players from day one. If we had Tisdale and he lost a string of games at the start how long would our fans give him?

Personally I'd like to see us bring in someone experienced with a record of w

Nonleagueherewecome

George Graham's too long in the tooth, and when we get "proven" managers it's people who had 1 good year and a lot of failure: Adams, Dowie, Boothroyd, and plenty of others. Reid was arguably more proven, and look how he worked out. Other clubs have hired "winners" like Jewell and Keane, and it just cost them millions in the players these managers demand signing and compensation when they fired them. A "proven" manager we could aim for now is David Jones...who was also fired for failing! The CCFC way is to hire in men with a "1 good season in 6" record, and then be surprised when they fail here..

We need to be unearthing the next O'Neill or Lambert, and the closest to that at the moment in my opinion is Tisdale. His grounding in nonleague is something he shares with O'Neill and he knows how to run a club on a tight budget. As a man who has dealt with fan representation on the board at Exeter, I'd like to imagine that in my Utopian vision, he could do something similar here after a takeover and help to return the club to the fans.

WillieStanley

George Graham's too long in the tooth, and when we get "proven" managers it's people who had 1 good year and a lot of failure: Adams, Dowie, Boothroyd, and plenty of others. Reid was arguably more proven, and look how he worked out. Other clubs have hired "winners" like Jewell and Keane, and it just cost them millions in the players these managers demand signing and compensation when they fired them. A "proven" manager we could aim for now is David Jones...who was also fired for failing! The CCFC way is to hire in men with a "1 good season in 6" record, and then be surprised when they fail here..

We need to be unearthing the next O'Neill or Lambert, and the closest to that at the moment in my opinion is Tisdale. His grounding in nonleague is something he shares with O'Neill and he knows how to run a club on a tight budget. As a man who has dealt with fan representation on the board at Exeter, I'd like to imagine that in my Utopian vision, he could do something similar here after a takeover and help to return the club to the fans.
That's a great idea!! I like the cut of you jib!!

OyJimmy

Is Kenny Dalglish too long in the tooth? Personally speaking I'd much rather we went for someone who won lots of things consistently but is out of fashion than sign another manager without a track record. Graham may be the wrong man or unavailable but surely there is someone out there maybe not even in this country that has managed at a higher level than non league/ Exeter and won stuff.

Personally I'd consider Laslo Bolgni or whatever his name was from a foreign league because he's wons stuff at a similar level. If you were a proffesional footballer would you listen to someone like George Graham for advice or Tisdale? Let's show some ambition next time.

Colonel Mustard

George Graham is 68 this year and hasn't managed a club for a decade. Sometimes people are just past their sell-by dates, even the greats.

Brighton Sky Blue

People here just throwing round names for the heck of it need to show a bit more thought. Thorn is going *nowhere* at least until the summer-when a lot more managers also will enter the market and we'll have time to make the right appointment. Arguing about it now is pointless!

Grendel

I'm agreeing with you on a management choice!! Things are going badly wrong.

Hugh Jarse

George Graham is 68 this year and hasn't managed a club for a decade. Sometimes people are just past their sell-by dates, even the greats.​

Have SISU got enough cash to fill a brown paper bag then?

BrisbaneBronco

I think that if SISU are still around then their plans for next season will not change whether we are a Championship or League 1 club. They will sell everything that has a value and use the money to claw back some of their investment and run the club even if its on life support. If they have to they will field 11 youth team players.

Users who are viewing this thread