PL U21 teams to play in the JPT (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Pointless as the little angels at premier clubs will never cope with the hairy arsed players of the lower leagues, if they want to expose the young players to real football just keep loaning them into the lower leagues, this only helps the stockpiling of young players at big clubs.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Pointless as the little angels at premier clubs will never cope with the hairy arsed players of the lower leagues, if they want to expose the young players to real football just keep loaning them into the lower leagues, this only helps the stockpiling of young players at big clubs.

Totally agree, go & be a big fish in a small pond if you're that good for the season.

Surely more beneficial than potentially 1 game if they lose v a FL team a season!

Nick

Administrator
Or I'd play the "How many players can we injure in a game" tactic?

Put the young Arsenal players against a League 2 bruiser team, let them just give them a kickin!

Terry Gibson's perm

Agree.

Yet FL teams get fined if they change 6 players from the previous league game because it 'devalues' the competition.

Yet can make 11 changes for the fa cup all done to suit bigger teams, let them have their under 21 league on tv whenever I have seen a game in it they are a hard watch as there is very little intensity and having no crowd in the big stadiums kills it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Or I'd play the "How many players can we injure in a game" tactic?

Put the young Arsenal players against a League 2 bruiser team, let them just give them a kickin!

good idea Nick lets go for it as I would enjoy seeing that.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yet can make 11 changes for the fa cup all done to suit bigger teams, let them have their under 21 league on tv whenever I have seen a game in it they are a hard watch as there is very little intensity and having no crowd in the big stadiums kills it.

We would take 40k to Wembley for a final how many are going to travel to watch Sunderland U21's v Watford U21's in a final

Terry Gibson's perm

We would take 40k to Wembley for a final how many are going to travel to watch Sunderland U21's v Watford U21's in a final

Hardly any would go, do I take it then we could enter a team in their under 21 league so we could get some of the tv revenue

Terry Gibson's perm

Article says only category 1 academy clubs which there are 16 of.

So the rich to get richer. Thinking about let's let them in as I just don't think they would cope with playing with teams of big seasoned pro's who know all the tricks might bring them down to earth.

ccfctommy

Good.

Joke competition, really do not care how City do in it. I would reather see us play Arsenal U21 than Stevenage Borough or someone like that just for the novelty factor really.

chiefdave

Its all a bit of a shambles. Are they having a PL U21s or are they playing in the JPT? What happens when the top teams leave the PL to form a European League as has been suggested recently?

The FL, FA and possibly UEFA and FIFA as well need to sit down and come up with a long term plan.

To me the best option is regional reserve leagues like we used to have with promotion and relegation. You could even have play offs to decide a national winner if you wanted.

The simple fact is they need to stop the top clubs grabbing all the talent. The problem isn't that competitive football isn't available, the problem is clubs have 50+ players who aren't in the first team. Stop them signing so many and leave them playing in the lower divisions, along with resurrecting reserve teams, and you've got no problem.

stupot07

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...gotiations-for-under-21-teams-to-enter-johns/

Pretty disgraceful move in my view if it does happen.

Nothing like devaluing the lower leagues even more.

Watford U21's away in a competitive match anyone???
Yes, this would be a disgrace, one of the main pints to the competition is to enable a league one/two club a genuine chance of winning a cup like the FA Trophy does for non league clubs. What next scrap get permission to led academy u18's play in that too?

IMO they will use this as a vehicle to push for b teams in league one, two and the conference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Its all a bit of a shambles. Are they having a PL U21s or are they playing in the JPT? What happens when the top teams leave the PL to form a European League as has been suggested recently?

The FL, FA and possibly UEFA and FIFA as well need to sit down and come up with a long term plan.

To me the best option is regional reserve leagues like we used to have with promotion and relegation. You could even have play offs to decide a national winner if you wanted.

The simple fact is they need to stop the top clubs grabbing all the talent. The problem isn't that competitive football isn't available, the problem is clubs have 50+ players who aren't in the first team. Stop them signing so many and leave them playing in the lower divisions, along with resurrecting reserve teams, and you've got no problem.

I will be stunned if the top teams leave to a super league for one reason there can be only one winner and somebody who is not used to finishing bottom will, so imagine if Cetlic were in it they are used to winning the league every year how will there fans feel finishing last every year.

Covstu

Yes, this would be a disgrace, one of the main pints to the competition is to enable a league one/two club a genuine chance of winning a cup like the FA Trophy does for non league clubs. What next scrap get permission to led academy u18's play in that too?

IMO they will use this as a vehicle to push for b teams in league one, two and the conference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly Trojan horse and all that, next step league games.

Appreciate its a tin pot cup but the u21s would tend to go all out given that it's their only real competitive games so it could actually work the other way and these inexperienced players injure our players in the overkeenness. This is like the champions league teams going into the europa league, they were not good enough to compete so give them another go and undervalue the competition and the teams trying to win it.

JohnWH

Any update on this plan at all? And, just to add , my opinion, it's a bad idea altogether. Others have given the better reasons, it seems a wedge into allowing PL 2 trams within the normal pyramid, and if there is to be actual growth and game experience for young players, simply limit the overall # of players owned by the big clubs in the first place which will mean they get can get scooped up by other real teams to play full time

Otis

I see Man U and Spurs have both rejected joining the competition. More to follow?

Chelsea and Arsenal already rejected the move.

xcraigx

Everton, Soton, West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland have accepted the invite so far. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have said no. The others are undecided.

Covstu

I would rather they joined the League cup with Scotland or something different to try and make it interesting rather than keep throwing power to the premier league. Nice to see that even those teams cannot be arsed to compete in the JPT!!!

Gazolba

Don't see a problem with it so long as they have to declare their U21 squads before the season starts and no interchange between first team squad and U21 squad. Most of all, I'd like to see a new rule that 50% of all playing squads have to be British.

JohnWH

Don't see a problem with it so long as they have to declare their U21 squads before the season starts and no interchange between first team squad and U21 squad. Most of all, I'd like to see a new rule that 50% of all playing squads have to be British.

I like the overall idea about requiring more "home grown" English/British players. My only honest question (and not a dig at you or anyone simply an exploratory question), is are there any legal barriers to such a restriction?

I mean, in regards to English/British vs. E.U. players (whom I thought would be somewhat "protected" against restrictions, freedom to work within E.U. without hindrance, etc.) vs. Rest of the World players? Hopefully someone knows the answer?

CJ_covblaze

I like the overall idea about requiring more "home grown" English/British players. My only honest question (and not a dig at you or anyone simply an exploratory question), is are there any legal barriers to such a restriction?

I mean, in regards to English/British vs. E.U. players (whom I thought would be somewhat "protected" against restrictions, freedom to work within E.U. without hindrance, etc.) vs. Rest of the World players? Hopefully someone knows the answer?

At present they have the same rights as anyone else. However in the EIHL teams are allowed a certain amount of imports plus one additional European passport holder (normally a Canadian/American who's played here for a while so is entitled to one!). How they get round the EU laws I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread