Picking the Carcass of Bury (1 Viewer)

covmark

I think Plymouth took 5 of their promotion winning players before the season started.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Sky Blue Harry H

Anybody else think that the EFL will be desperate for Bolton not to fold because they are a 'big' club, but 'little' Bury almost feels like a warning to others to keep their houses in order. Might be the cynic in me, just a gut feeling (that said, not sure what else the EFL could do)

CovLis86

Anybody else think that the EFL will be desperate for Bolton not to fold because they are a 'big' club, but 'little' Bury almost feels like a warning to others to keep their houses in order. Might be the cynic in me, just a gut feeling (that said, not sure what else the EFL could do)

I did find it odd that Bolton have had such an extension. Feels like they are being given every last chance to sort it out which, im not saying is wrong, but does feel as though they are getting a slightly better hand in this than that dealt to Bury. Though im sure there is plenty i do not understand about it all so maybe its right, but as a neutral outsider....

Brighton Sky Blue

I did find it odd that Bolton have had such an extension. Feels like they are being given every last chance to sort it out which, im not saying is wrong, but does feel as though they are getting a slightly better hand in this than that dealt to Bury. Though im sure there is plenty i do not understand about it all so maybe its right, but as a neutral outsider....

I suppose the difference is they were sure that the sale of the club would have gone through long before now and that a deal is much closer as opposed to Bury where it wasn't clear there were any interested parties or that a deal was anywhere near completion. Remains to be seen whether the club will last as a business in 2 weeks

hamil99

Facebook User

I believe Bury were in serious trouble slightly ahead of Bolton. They were given an additional 2 weeks like Bolton, but that passed yesterday. If anything it will be a kick up the arse for Bolton to get thier situation sorted. If they don't, bye bye.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It does feel a bit like that. It'd got to a stage they couldn't let both carry on extending so I think they had to choose one as a 'warning shot across the bows of the other'. Bolton would've caused bigger waves, which long term might have been better but would've put them more in the firing line).

Considering Bolton's liquidation was supposed to start today according to Appleton a two-week extension would, on the face of it, seem meaningless

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Bolton’s notice was originally suspended as was Bury’s - the notice period is 14 days

Think Bolton were further down the line with the takeover than Bury were.

Paxman II

It seems somewhat sad to think a reletively small amount of money would keep Bury afloat and with better management would easily survive and prosper. Bolton however are in serious debt with no obvious way out now.

Nick

Administrator
It seems somewhat sad to think a reletively small amount of money would keep Bury afloat and with better management would easily survive and prosper. Bolton however are in serious debt with no obvious way out now.
They needed loads to buy them out

cc84cov

Bury not playing any games this season didn’t help,Bolton have filled all but 1 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread