Phone-in question. (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

He was asking whether or not we have striker coach.

Now I know that AT and SH are defenders in their time when they were playing the game. The previous managers we had were defenders, ie Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd, Iain Dowie, Mickey Adams and Peter Reid.

Two previous managers Gary Mcallister and Gordon Strachan were midfield players.

And of course Eric Black who was a striker.

The callers second questions was definately an interesting one and that is:

Would a striker coach be useful to get our attackers to score goals?

So here's my question.

Do you think that the club should look fora striker coach to help the likes of Lukas, Cody and other strikers find the back the net or still try to get 2 loan players (one creative and a goalscorer) to sort out the goal scoring problems?

Nonleagueherewecome

Dowie may have been a really crap striker, but he was not a defender.

pusbccfc

Will juke ever take a shot...

ajsccfc

Juke had a few shots today.

Peter Reid was a midfield terrier rather than a defender, wasn't he? I remember him failing to stop Maradona very early on in that goal.

Nonleagueherewecome

Isn't Reid the one who got beat early in the run, and managed to get back in position to challenge again-only to be be absolutely skinned for a second time?

stupot07

Dowie was definitely a striker, although he had a face of a centre half.

I'm sure coaches don't get paid anywhere near what player so, so how about a striker coach and a loan player as a compromise?!

Nonleagueherewecome

And they already have goalscorers like Miller and Derbyshire. Such luxury!

Astute

How are Forest doing this season with their striker coach?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Am i right in thinking that ex pro's usually do what would be the equivilant to work experience on a short term basis as part of the process of earning their coaching badges?

Isnt Thorn in the process of doing his coaching badges (or maybe recently trained for his, if he's already got his now, im not sure)?? Maybe ue can poach a couple of them on the course (depending on who they are, this may work, and irs unlikely we'd have to pay them).

Covstu

i heaqrd this on the way home and made perfect sense, our stikrers do not move in the right places and look like we blag it on the day. Whats dion doing???

Users who are viewing this thread