Peterborough Ratings (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Based on watching on Sky (only been to one game this season as most games are miles away for me and frankly I cant be arsed/have better things to do):

RCC 7 - Good under crosses and distribution was good. Made a couple of decent stops.

Lorentzson 7 - I really like the look of him. Very composed on the ball and rarely gave it away. Largely held his own defensively, perhaps looked like quicker players may get the better of him from time to time.

Martin 6 - Defended well, headed most things away. Odd poor pass.

Vincelot 5.5 - Good first half, though occasionally gave the ball away needlessly in our 3rd of the pitch. Dreadful attempted clearance for the 3rd.

Ricketts 4 - What else needs saying about the first goal? Inexcusable. Decision making was really poor and put us under pressure with some careless passes. A couple of good attempts on goal his only saving grace.

Bigi 6 - Settled into the first half well after nervous first 5/10. Tidy in possession when we were controlling the game. Looked a bit flustered when there was no obvious pass on and when holding onto the ball too long.

Fleck 7 - Clear daylight between him and the rest of our midfield in terms of ability. Technically excellent on the ball and passed it well in tight areas. I cannot fathom how some people can't see his talent - our best player and could easily be in the Championship.

Rose 6 - Industrious down the right in the first half, though it is clear he isn't a winger, more a wide midfielder when deployed there. Linked well with Murphy and Fortune.

Cole 6 - Good goal, gave the ball away a surprising amount for someone of his class though. Some neat turns and through balls but on that showing, I don't think we will miss him all that much on the pitch. Set piece delivery was also a bit off.

Murphy 6.5 - Great speed and energy to burn a couple of their players in the second half (once for the goal), but he couldn't finish his dinner. Must have had 5 shots at goal, could have had a hattrick. Needs to improve that side of his game.

Fortune 6 - Worked hard, unlucky not to score with clearance off the line. Hassled and harried Bostwick in the first half and made some really intelligent runs and layoffs. Frustrating that he often isn't in the box when the ball goes wide, so no option for Rose/Lorentzson to swing the ball in the box first half.

Subs:

Jones 6.5 - Impressed with his directness and speed. Clearly raw and has that youthful naivety about him (which isn't a bad thing sometimes as he was always willing to take on his man). Exciting prospect.

Henderson 5 - One or two good headers down but when he fell over after having a chance to go one-on-one summed it up for me. Not really sure we needed to bother signing him, be glad when he's gone in the summer.

Tudgay 6 - Not really on long enough but always been a favourite of mine since back end of last season. Intelligent footballer

Terry Gibson's perm

Rcc 6 sometimes needs to think before throwing it out as it puts some not very talented players under pressure.
Lorentzon 6 getting better more to come
Ricketts 4 bad mistake for the first goal
Martin 6 not bad a vastly improved player
Vincelot 4 looked like s midfielder in defence
Rose 4 not his position
Bigi 4 tried but gave the ball away a few times won the battle with fleck on who could play deeper
Fleck 4 no idea why he is still picked gets caught on the ball and gives it away in bad positions only plays in short spells and then hides I will be glad when he has gone, hopefully will be replaced with an energetic midfielder
Murphy 6 when he is hot he is hot but other times looks dreadful good run for the goal but needs to do it a hit more often
Cole 5 gave the ball away to often but did well to get in the box for the goal I would imagine Fleck was sixty yards away from the ball.
Fortune 4 stop on the line and also needs to spend more time in the opposition box rather than on the wings

Jones 6 really promising
Henderson 3 fell over the ball when the whole season rested on that chance to make it 2 all
tudgay 5 not a lot of chance to do much but did little wrong

pusbccfc

Thought Cole was our best player tonight.

covcity4life

Feom tv

Rcc 6
Lorentzken 6
Martin 8
Vincelot 5
Rickets 8
Bigi 7
Fleck 8
Murphy 8
Cole 9
Rose 6
Fortune 8

Jones 8
Henderson 5
Tudgay 6

Good performance but defensive mistakes cost us yet again

torchomatic

Easier to blame our players rather than admit their keeper was outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Otis

Easier to blame our players rather than admit their keeper was outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
He was very good, but our finishing was also terrible. Too many grasscutters and balls hit too close to the keeper, enabling him to make the saves. There were no blinding saves by their keeper. Just a series of good ones.

Of course we should blame our players. That first half we must have had about 10 very good opportunities. We fluffed a stack of them, besides the keeper saving a few.

After about 20 mins it always looked like we were going to blow it.

We can't even say it was a good performance. It was good in places, but overall it was disjointed and defensively we were very poor. All 3 goals were poor ones to give away.

Their keeper was very good, but just how many chances did we miss too!

dongonzalos

Feom tv

Rcc 7 ( good game)
Lorentzken 6 ( looked average)
Martin 7
Vincelot 6 ( tried hard out of pos)
Rickets 6 ( caused second goal)
Bigi 7 (8 first half, 6 second)
Fleck 7
Murphy 8 ( great game)
Cole 8
Rose 7
Fortune 8 ( caused 1st goal)

Jones 9 ( real impact)
Henderson 5
Tudgay 6

Good performance but defensive mistakes cost.
A settled back four will sort that out.
Another night we would have won 4-3.

Otis

Feom tv

Rcc 7 ( good game)
Lorentzken 6 ( looked average)
Martin 7
Vincelot 6 ( tried hard out of pos)
Rickets 6 ( caused second goal)
Bigi 7 (8 first half, 6 second)
Fleck 7
Murphy 8 ( great game)
Cole 8
Rose 7
Fortune 8 ( caused 1st goal)

Jones 9 ( real impact)
Henderson 5
Tudgay 6

Good performance but defensive mistakes cost.
A settled back four will sort that out.
Another night we would have won 4-3.
Ricketts caused 2nd goal?

What about the first one that was completely his error?

Littlewood CCFC

RCC 6 - Nothing he could do about any of the goals, not a bad performance.

Lorentzson 5 - Our full backs were quite pathetic Taylor ripped past him a few times and i dont know what his pathetic clearance that eventually led to the 3rd goal was all about!

Martin 7 - best of a bad bunch the only one who looked solid.

Vincelot 5 - He's been awful recently and tonight was no different, few minor errors throughout the game and his clearance for their 3rd goal is sunday league stuff.

Ricketts 4 - 100% our worst player tonight was at fault for the 1st two goals. 1st one he loses his marker and 2nd one he pushed up and left the dangerous Maddison in 20 yards of space lol looks very rigid overall and is a concern for me.

Rose 6 - I do like Rose, i think he has good attributes but he's being misused. I like to see wide players get on the outside of the full back and Rose will not do this. Did play some nice passes/crosses however so look forward to seeeing him in a more central role.

Bigi 6 - Think we saw the best and worst out of him, some lovely play at times keeping the ball moving but also played some strange hospital balls into the middle of the pitch which his teammates got him out off.

Fleck 8 - Will miss this guy when he goes believe me. Best Midfielder in this leauge when hes on form. Travelled with it taking the team forward and overall passing was good again.

J.cole 7 - Did play well tonight he showed his quality on the ball and also showed the lads how to finish when the ball falls in the box! however you can really tell he's past it and not the same player he once was.

Murphy 7 - Was just happy to see him do what he does past and use his pace on the outside, so unlucky not to score tonight and he looked like the murphy of old when he kept bursting past the right back and getting a decent pullback in for Coles goal.

Fortune 5 - Mowbray must see something in him i dont... the only player on the pitch whos strong and a striker and most the game he was floating around outside the box! he needs to get in the box for god sake in the 1st half we were all over them and had chances to cross the ball but Fortune wernt in the box.

Jones 8 - Wow, what a breath of fresh air. For everyone who was baying for Kent back this lad could be better! everytime he got the ball he was direct, right foot or left foot and caused problems every time he got. 100% something we have missed since January lets just hope Mowbray gives him more chances from now till May.

Tudgay - 6 no impact really.

Henderson 5 - lol poor guy knees buckled on live TV. He's a better option than fortune though as actually is a good target man

tisza

RCC 6 - Nothing he could do about any of the goals, not a bad performance.

Lorentzson 5 - Our full backs were quite pathetic Taylor ripped past him a few times and i dont know what his pathetic clearance that eventually led to the 3rd goal was all about!

Martin 7 - best of a bad bunch the only one who looked solid.

Vincelot 5 - He's been awful recently and tonight was no different, few minor errors throughout the game and his clearance for their 3rd goal is sunday league stuff.

Ricketts 4 - 100% our worst player tonight was at fault for the 1st two goals. 1st one he loses his marker and 2nd one he pushed up and left the dangerous Maddison in 20 yards of space lol looks very rigid overall and is a concern for me.

Rose 6 - I do like Rose, i think he has good attributes but he's being misused. I like to see wide players get on the outside of the full back and Rose will not do this. Did play some nice passes/crosses however so look forward to seeeing him in a more central role.

Bigi 6 - Think we saw the best and worst out of him, some lovely play at times keeping the ball moving but also played some strange hospital balls into the middle of the pitch which his teammates got him out off.

Fleck 8 - Will miss this guy when he goes believe me. Best Midfielder in this leauge when hes on form. Travelled with it taking the team forward and overall passing was good again.

J.cole 7 - Did play well tonight he showed his quality on the ball and also showed the lads how to finish when the ball falls in the box! however you can really tell he's past it and not the same player he once was.

Murphy 7 - Was just happy to see him do what he does past and use his pace on the outside, so unlucky not to score tonight and he looked like the murphy of old when he kept bursting past the right back and getting a decent pullback in for Coles goal.

Fortune 5 - Mowbray must see something in him i dont... the only player on the pitch whos strong and a striker and most the game he was floating around outside the box! he needs to get in the box for god sake in the 1st half we were all over them and had chances to cross the ball but Fortune wernt in the box.

Jones 8 - Wow, what a breath of fresh air. For everyone who was baying for Kent back this lad could be better! everytime he got the ball he was direct, right foot or left foot and caused problems every time he got. 100% something we have missed since January lets just hope Mowbray gives him more chances from now till May.

Tudgay - 6 no impact really.

Henderson 5 - lol poor guy knees buckled on live TV. He's a better option than fortune though as actually is a good target man
agree with most of this particularly Jones, Fortune & Bigi.
only real issue is with Cole. being OOP on the left. always looks more effective when he is in the middle of the pitch.
doesn't have the pace to be as effective out wide. also his limited pace did leave the defence exposed when Peterborough broke on us particularly with their Maddison.

stupot07

RCC 6
Lorentzson 6
Martin 6
Vincelot 4
Ricketts 4
Bigi 5
Fleck 6
Rose 6
Cole 7
Murphy 6
Fortune 6.

Sub's.
Jones 6
Henderson 4
Tudguy 5

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Otis

RCC 6
Lorentzson 6
Martin 6
Vincelot 4
Ricketts 5
Bigi 5
Fleck 6
Rose 6
Cole 7
Murphy 6
Fortune 6.

Sub's.
Jones 6
Henderson 4
Tudguy 5

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, that sounds about spot on. I would give Ricketts a 4 though, same as Vincelot. He was responsible for 2 goals.

dongonzalos

Ricketts caused 2nd goal?

What about the first one that was completely his error?

Did you spot MAF casually walking away from the back post as the corner dropped in the area. He walked away from the very spot he was asked to be in. The very spot the ball went in.

Otis

Did you spot MAF casually walking away from the back post as the corner dropped in the area. He walked away from the very spot he was asked to be in. The very spot the ball went in.
Yes, I know. Saw that. Did you see Ricketts challenge though, or complete lack of it.

Maybe not completely Ricketts' fault, but at least 80% his.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is not used to being in the box at either end he spends more time messing around wide than where he should be

dongonzalos

Yes, I know. Saw that. Did you see Ricketts challenge though, or complete lack of it.

Maybe not completely Ricketts' fault, but at least 80% his.

The header should not come in
But once it does and you have a person on the back post
They have one job. He just walked off at the key moment, not after a clearance like he should.
Ricketts has to mark and man and clear it. He didn't do his job
MAF walks away from his only job at the moment he should be doing that one job and it's the easiest job you can do. Bizzare
60-40 MAF for me.

Grendel

RCC - 6
Lorentzen - 6
Ricketts - 4
Martin - 6
Vincelot - 4
Bigiamarana - 5
Fleck - 6
Cole - 6
Murphy - 7
Fortune - 6
Rose - 5

Jones - 6
Henderson - 4
Tudgay - 6

Otis

The header should not come in
But once it does and you have a person on the back post
They have one job. He just walked off at the key moment, not after a clearance like he should.
Ricketts has to mark and man and clear it. He didn't do his job
MAF walks away from his only job at the moment he should be doing that one job and it's the easiest job you can do. Bizzare
60-40 MAF for me.
Seriously?

Don, if you think that I would say you have a very poor understanding football.

Mind, you did think Andy Thorn was a great manager didn't you.

Ricketts challenge was schoolboy like. The ball should never even have resulted in a free header.

blueflint

how can anyone give bigi a 7 he was pure shite gave too many passes to position not very fast moving the ball
pure garbage fleck our best player followed by rcc and rose jones could be a real prospect tho

Grendel

Seriously?

Ricketts challenge was schoolboy like. The ball should never even have resulted in a free header.

His ratings are a joke - you'd think we'd won the game 5 nil

Grendel

how can anyone give bigi a 7 he was pure shite gave too many passes to position not very fast moving the ball
pure garbage fleck our best player followed by rcc and rose jones could be a real prospect tho

IDM won't be your friend for those nasty comments.

Otis

Bigi was typical Bigi.

He passed the ball nicely around and looked okay, but you are simply just waiting for the next error to manifest itself.

There was one suicidal ball straight to their player and once where he got caught in possession and lost the ball right outside our penalty area.

He is a mistake just waiting to happen and really needs to take more care with the ball.

dongonzalos

Seriously?

And you keep hinting at getting rid of Mowbray but won't come out and say it. Tells me all I need to know.
My views on AT were the relegation was predominantly the owners fault (admitted by themselves)
Then he got three matches
Draw with Yoevil away who were promoted
Draw with Sheff Utd who were the favourites
The only Poor resul a draw with Bury.
You don't let someone sign a load of players then sack them after 3 matches.
You do it before if you have that Little faith.
He proved he was a poor manager for me when he went elsewhere. His experience at Cov was a joke.

MAF had one very very easy job. Cover that post till the first clearance.
there is not an easier job to do. How it possible to mess that up.
He does the simplest job on the pitch then that is not a goal.
Ricketts was at fault for the second way out of position so he is no better, however it's definitely MAF's fault for the first.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Bigi was bwtter than normal. His movement and turns in ball were good and he hut some v good passes forward

Unfortunately he made 3 or 4 mistakes that stick in mind like horrible pass to opposition feet or dilly dallying in ball

I think he showed why TM prob wants him permanently though

shepardo01

Seriously?

Totally agree that the ball should never have resulted in a free header. However, that ball in was the keepers ball all day long. Part of me thinks that MAF was thinking that, hence him coming off the post - his next job would be to be part of an attack started by a ball distributed by RCC. With ricketts, he does his job right up until his man rolls him 3, THREE, yards out from the goal. Yes, he shouldn't have been so easily out manoeuvred, but again, that ball is RCCs all day long.
RCC is just a very average keeper- teams that win promotions need/have better than this.
After such a promising start to this game, this sucker punch destroyed the confidence and put us on the back foot. Three of them contributed ultimately, could have been avoided altogether if RCC had done his job first.

H

Huckerby

Bigi was typical Bigi.

He passed the ball nicely around and looked okay, but you are simply just waiting for the next error to manifest itself.

There was one suicidal ball straight to their player and once where he got caught in possession and lost the ball right outside our penalty area.

He is a mistake just waiting to happen and really needs to take more care with the ball.
He needs to be released. He's shite

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mrtrench

He needs to be released. He's shite

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't agree. He's still young and playing in one of the most demanding positions. He is already distributing well. Agree he makes errors - but confidence and experience will reduce these - the fact that he can get it right 80% of the time proves he has the talent.

johnwillomagic

Rcc 6
Lorentzon 5
Vincelot 5
Martin 6
Ricketts 5
Bigi 6
Fleck 6.5
Cole 7
Murphy 6.5
Rose 6
MAF 6