Peter Hormantschuk (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

I was at the Ricoh last night along with many others for the presentation night from the Charity match last month ,as the cheques were handed over.
Peter Hormantschuk picked up a cheque on behalf of the John Hartson foundation.
He made a very emotional speech which got everybody reaching for thier hankies.
He said this..
'I remember standing in the west end watching my heroes Bill Glazier,Colin Stein and playing in my school team being a lad from Bell Green and Courthouse Green to be able to go to Highfield road and watch your home town club,then being a very lucky lad ..........to even come through the ranks and play for my beloved team .......what a great honour and it's really......... breaks my heart that this is now not possible for local lads..... to do the same etc.
he stopped several times as he was filling up.
very emotional to all who witnessed it.
nice one Chukkie:p

Grendel

Remember his goal vs man utd?

ccfc92

View attachment 2687scored from 35 yards then ran full length of the field

I honestly dont know who this guy is (born in 92) but I completely understand why he is emotional. When i was young, I thought of nothing else other than playing for CCFC. I remember telling my parents (who were casual smokers) that I would never smoke cus I wanted to play for Cov, and to this day I never have. (Btw, i was never good enough :( ) but the same thought is there in every true Cov kid, to play for Coventry City.....

Steve.B50

I was at the Ricoh last night along with many others for the presentation night from the Charity match last month ,as the cheques were handed over.
He said this..
'I remember standing in the west end watching my heroes Bill Glazier,Colin Stein and playing in my school team being a lad from Bell Green and Courthouse Green to be able to go to Highfield road and watch your home town club,then being a very lucky lad ..........to even come through the ranks and play for my beloved team .......what a great honour and it's really......... breaks my heart that this is now not possible for local lads..... to do the same etc.

I was also present and it was good to see a local ex player get emotional.

Thought Billy Bell was on form but hear he is leaving for the Rugby CLub.

Last edited:

Tommystours

I was invited by my mate Billy. Unfortunately otherwise engaged heard it was a good night for charities.Saw him today at Nuneaton , he did the match day announcements and was on form in the bar afterwards.Top bloke sky blue through and through. Like all of us has to make a living !!! Does great work for CCFPA

hutch1972

View attachment 2687scored from 35 yards then ran full length of the field
I was sat behind the goal that day in the half dozen rows of seats we had ( it seemed like half a dozen).
PH is proof that young players have always sailed close to the wind not just the modern day ones. I can't remember what is was exactly but i'm sure it involved motor vehicles.

deanocity3

I was invited by my mate Billy. Unfortunately otherwise engaged heard it was a good night for charities.Saw him today at Nuneaton , he did the match day announcements and was on form in the bar afterwards.Top bloke sky blue through and through. Like all of us has to make a living !!! Does great work for CCFPA

Joe Elliott unbeknown to Billy that Joe had put Billy's name forward to the Variety Club of great britain for an award.
Billy went down to london last week where he was nominated at an awards do.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

He said this..

From the same part of the city and played in same school team as him and Ian Muir. Not quite in the same class though!

I have the same feelings , what has gone on is a total disgrace.

We can hope some form of normality returns and we get back to the top and in Coventry of course.

rob9872

I remember him in retirement coming into work as a security guard. I was the only one there who knew who he was. I think he was a fireman too but may be wrong.

Evil Monkey

I remember him in retirement coming into work as a security guard. I was the only one there who knew who he was. I think he was a fireman too but may be wrong.

He used to come in to the bank where I was working each week to deliver the cash. Always had time for a chat about the football. Nice bloke.

SkyBlueSid

From the same part of the city and played in same school team as him and Ian Muir. Not quite in the same class though!

I have the same feelings , what has gone on is a total disgrace.

We can hope some form of normality returns and we get back to the top and in Coventry of course.

I was refereeing Sunday League games in those days, and I sometimes got asked to do schools games on Saturday mornings. I remember refereeing Caludon Castle in the English Schools Trophy against some big-shot school from Birmingham. The Brum outfit were all over Caludon for the whole game, but Hormantschuk played a blinder at the back. Meanwhile Muir broke away four times. Caludon won 4-1 in one of the most one-sided games I ever refereed.

Spionkop

Real shame about Chukky. Premier League player, injuries did him. Just like Graham Oakey.
Both real crowd favourites just on their 100% attitudes alone.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I was refereeing Sunday League games in those days, and I sometimes got asked to do schools games on Saturday mornings. I remember refereeing Caludon Castle in the English Schools Trophy against some big-shot school from Birmingham. The Brum outfit were all over Caludon for the whole game, but Hormantschuk played a blinder at the back. Meanwhile Muir broke away four times. Caludon won 4-1 in one of the most one-sided games I ever refereed.

Wow you have some memory back to late 70s. I do not remember that , must have not played that day. I do remember losing in Coventry schools final to Woodlands 4-2 played at Ryton. If we had won that we would have represented Coventry nationally and played games at Highfield road. Still gutted about that!
In 2006, Nice guy Paul Fletcher arranged for me to have a kick about at our new home RICOH ARENA. I was so excited a shot my shot from edge of box it went so wide almost hit the corner flag! Calmed down for next shot and scored . Felt great even it was an empty goal without a goalkeeper.

Sky Blue runs deep for many of us. Crying shame SISU dont care and have other motives

Users who are viewing this thread