Video Personal Research (1 Viewer)

Hello,
My name is Lewis and I am conducting research as part of my EPQ regarding how the experience of a football fan has changed from the 1970's to the modern day. Coming from a family that supported City and as a supporter myself, I am aware that times have changed in football but I am interested in personal accounts and how people who actually experienced these changes have been affected and feel about them. I was hoping I could receive some replies answering two questions:

What were your matchday experiences like in the 1970's?

How do they vary to modern day matchday experiences?

I am not looking for any specific details because I want to gain information on how each fan feels so feel free to mention whatever you feel is relevant. Thank you very much for spending your time on this and I hope to hear from you,

Kind regards,
Lewis

slyblue57

Q 1 Match days in the 70s were far more violent, lots of trouble outside grounds, inside grounds as very easy to get into " away ends"
Fans seemed far more involved in their club than now a days. Big hooligan followings. Far easier to get to grounds with coaches and of
course the football special trains. Also most grounds were near town centres not out of town. Standing to watch the game was better than
all seated which again I think dilutes the passion now.
Great childrens club for the Coventry families, went many a time for the pop and crisps and meet the players.
Im making it sound awful lol but was nt that bad if you knew what was happening and which groups to steer clear of.

Q2 Match day experience now, if you re talking about the Ricoh, awful. Horrible location, stupid parking restrictions.
Poor public transport to and from the ground.
Ground soulless with crowds we get and apart from maybe 10 games in total since we moved there poor atmosphere.
Plus side, you get a good view, thats probably it. Comfort etc was nt of any real interest in the 70s, it was the team and support.
Away grounds that I attend in our present League and last season (league 2) better, more compact, more nearby facilities etc, not
having a comfy seat is of very little interest to me personally.

Hope this helps a little Lewis
Pusb

mrtrench

Q 1 Match days in the 70s were far more violent, lots of trouble outside grounds, inside grounds as very easy to get into " away ends"
Fans seemed far more involved in their club than now a days. Big hooligan followings. Far easier to get to grounds with coaches and of
course the football special trains. Also most grounds were near town centres not out of town. Standing to watch the game was better than
all seated which again I think dilutes the passion now.
Great childrens club for the Coventry families, went many a time for the pop and crisps and meet the players.
Im making it sound awful lol but was nt that bad if you knew what was happening and which groups to steer clear of.

Q2 Match day experience now, if you re talking about the Ricoh, awful. Horrible location, stupid parking restrictions.
Poor public transport to and from the ground.
Ground soulless with crowds we get and apart from maybe 10 games in total since we moved there poor atmosphere.
Plus side, you get a good view, thats probably it. Comfort etc was nt of any real interest in the 70s, it was the team and support.
Away grounds that I attend in our present League and last season (league 2) better, more compact, more nearby facilities etc, not
having a comfy seat is of very little interest to me personally.

Hope this helps a little Lewis
Pusb

How rude. Why would it help his little Lewis? And maybe he doesnt even call it that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread