Perfect Coventry City Website - What would it have? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am thinking about knocking up a basic little website to use as my own homepage.

On it I was thinking of things like latest news from newsnow, latest threads from here and a live league table.

What would you have on there? I would be more than happy to share it once done :)

rob9872

A team in the premier league

scroobiustom

Player ratings on match performances - some kind of collated series of newspaper ratings etc put together and averaged out

Nick do you not think investing a little time tidying up this place would be useful? Just little things like the prediction league on the homepage that doesn't work. The prediction league page has last season, the euros and all sorts that need tidying.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Rich, I think it depends how you view this site? I use a PC - not phone, xbox, wii, Amstrad or Amiga playstation! I don't see newsbots at all since Nick took them down. The only probs I have with prediction league is that the points are all wrong! I think I should be at the top! :D

Nick

Administrator
Nick do you not think investing a little time tidying up this place would be useful? Just little things like the prediction league on the homepage that doesn't work. The prediction league page has last season, the euros and all sorts that need tidying.

They are still on there because if i get rid of them then we can't see who won last season and last seasons results get deleted. :(

I often ask people what they would like to see on here, nobody really answers so not much I can do.

wingy

The problem with newsbot is that it supercedes whatever off topic chat/thread that people are currently engaged in ,rather than anyone interacting with it ,thus overiding that topic.

wingy

while i'm in here i see that the caption competition has been moved again after we were assured it had'nt been the last time ,it appeared to kill it off the last time and i assume it will again ,Idon't think its been contributed to from within football and other sports since it moved :whistle::mad:

Nick

Administrator
while i'm in here i see that the caption competition has been moved again after we were assured it had'nt been the last time ,it appeared to kill it off the last time and i assume it will again ,Idon't think its been contributed to from within football and other sports since it moved :whistle::mad:

Who moved it?

Nick

Administrator
The problem with newsbot is that it supercedes whatever off topic chat/thread that people are currently engaged in ,rather than anyone interacting with it ,thus overiding that topic.

What do you mean?

Nick

Administrator
If you use the link at the New Posts / Threads it excludes them and shows this:

Type: Posts; Excluded Forums: Local News; New Posts

LastGarrison

Since I stopped buying the CET I like newsbot as it summarises the stories nicely and I can just click on the ones that interest me.

Got to admit last seasons and the Euro prediction leagues hold no interest to me now so would happy for them to be deleted (can't someone just copy the final tables into excel or something for prosperity) and it is a minor annoyance when accessing it by phone as that what it defaults to.

A perfect website would also have posters real names and photos instead of usernames as I think it would change the whole dynamics of an internet forum completely. :D

Covstu

Since I stopped buying the CET I like newsbot as it summarises the stories nicely and I can just click on the ones that interest me.

Got to admit last seasons and the Euro prediction leagues hold no interest to me now so would happy for them to be deleted (can't someone just copy the final tables into excel or something for prosperity) and it is a minor annoyance when accessing it by phone as that what it defaults to.

A perfect website would also have posters real names and photos instead of usernames as I think it would change the whole dynamics of an internet forum completely. :D

yes i dont buy the CET anymore so miss the stories about the cat getting stuck up the tree and other gripping stories!!

SkyblueBazza

Keep it simple...
news updates - split by news(facts)/gossip/matches/squad/fans so it's easy to navigate relevant to what individuals want to read about.
Squad summary/pic of all staff
Fixtures/results/scorers/attendance
Table
Links to other more intricate stuff - like videos/interviews etc (if you must)

Anything else seems to just complicate things

Users who are viewing this thread