People That Dislike Football (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Is it just me but when I ask somebody will you be watching the World Cup and they say no, are you shocked like me ? Yesterday and today I've had a few say " I hate football, and won't watch any of the games. " To me football is the best sport on the planet, in fact its a huge part of my life. If a bloke says he hates football I think he must have something wrong with him, but I love it when a woman likes the beautiful game !

vow

Is it just me but when I ask somebody will you be watching the World Cup and they say no, are you shocked like me ? Yesterday and today I've had a few say " I hate football, and won't watch any of the games. " To me football is the best sport on the planet, in fact its a huge part of my life. If a bloke says he hates football I think he must have something wrong with him, but I love it when a woman likes the beautiful game !
Perhaps I should put this in "Things that annoy you" also!
Anyhow, whenever I've got into a conversation re. whether they like it or not, the naysayers always seem to make a really strong point and go out of their to say "No, I really, really hate and despise it and see no point of football" going OTT with their opinion with a disgusted look on the face as if you've offended them just for asking!

bringbackrattles

Anyhow, whenever I've got into a conversation re. whether they like it or not, the naysayers always seem to make a really strong point and go out of their to say "No, I really, really hate and despise it and see no point of football" going OTT with their opinion with a disgusted look on the face as if you've offended them just for asking!

Otis

Was going to say the same thing. Not only do they have to tell you they don't like football they have to tell you they really don't like football and wear it like a badge.

5Live this morning were asking listeners how they were scheduling things for the World Cup in terms of viewing and asking if anyone was going to try and watch it all and every single match.

Of course one had to get in touch with the show to say they had it all planned and that they had looked at all the fixtures and coverage and had scheduled everything perfectly so they could miss all of the football.

Why would people do that?

The Royal Wedding was on a few weeks back. I had zero interest and therefore watched none of it. I didn't feel the need to go round telling everyone I was watching none of it.

If you don't want to watch the football, don't watch the football. There are hundreds of other channels and only one match showing at any on time and then on only one channel at a time.

Football is our national sport, get over it!

I don't like basketball, but if it became the national sport I would just ignore it without feeling the need to make sure everyone knew I was ignoring it.

wingy

It's not all that surprising is it, Plenty of examples on here of exclaiming massive dislike for Cricket ,Rugby ,Golf, Tennis etc.

wingy

There's an F1 thread on here. Absolutely no interest to me, so I don't partake in the thread at all.

Simple.
True but there are examples where others have, possibly me to the extent I suggest MOTO GP is preferable .
As I say not really surprising, at least to me anyway .

pastythegreat

I don't like w***s and I don't care who knows it. I shout it from the roof tops and gloat to everybody that will listen when they lose! Is this ok or am I being lumped into the same group as vocal football dislikes?

Otis

I don't like w***s and I don't care who knows it. I shout it from the roof tops and gloat to everybody that will listen when they lose! Is this ok or am I being lumped into the same group as vocal football dislikes?
But would you go on a Wasps forum to say you don't like rugby?

You are talking about a specific team, whereas the debate is about a whole sport.

Travs

I think it's a bit strong for me to say I dislike football now, but personally I couldn't give a toss about the World Cup and haven't yet watched a match, and I don't intend to change any of my plans in order to watch England etc.

It's just a complete load of bollocks. Everyone knows Russia and Qatar bribed their way to hosting the world cups, FIFA pretty much acknowledged it, but basically said "well it's done now so get on with it".

Hero-worship of players who don't deserve it. Ronaldo. Yes he's a fantastic player, and it doesn't even matter that he's a complete arsehole. He's a cheat (not singling him out, he's no worse than Suarez/Neymar/Sterling). But they have all the talent in the world, and they pretend to be hurt and dive on the floor. I'm lucky to have got out of football into a couple of other sports (to a decent level) where the material rewards aren't so high, and football is just so far removed from how I see sport, it's just a glorified soap opera. People wanking themselves into a frenzy about Spain vs Portugal.... Ronaldo's hat trick... one was a penalty, the other rolled through the keepers legs, yes the free kick was fantastic.... Spains goal... hardly total football, there were at least a couple of lucky bobbles.... the commentators would have us believe we have just witnessed another Brazil vs Italy 1982.

Saudi Arabia... absolutely dogshit... is that the best the extensive Asian qualifying tournament can offer. In 2026 there's going to be another 5 Asian teams. 16 groups of 3 with the top two going through. So after a round of the world cup, we are down to.... 32 teams.... absolute farce.

Obviously from my post the passion for the game is still there, and I'll always support city, and my passion for Italian football is still there.... but best sport in the world.... is it buggery.

bringbackrattles

I think it's a bit strong for me to say I dislike football now, but personally I couldn't give a toss about the World Cup and haven't yet watched a match, and I don't intend to change any of my plans in order to watch England etc.

It's just a complete load of bollocks. Everyone knows Russia and Qatar bribed their way to hosting the world cups, FIFA pretty much acknowledged it, but basically said "well it's done now so get on with it".

Hero-worship of players who don't deserve it. Ronaldo. Yes he's a fantastic player, and it doesn't even matter that he's a complete arsehole. He's a cheat (not singling him out, he's no worse than Suarez/Neymar/Sterling). But they have all the talent in the world, and they pretend to be hurt and dive on the floor. I'm lucky to have got out of football into a couple of other sports (to a decent level) where the material rewards aren't so high, and football is just so far removed from how I see sport, it's just a glorified soap opera. People wanking themselves into a frenzy about Spain vs Portugal.... Ronaldo's hat trick... one was a penalty, the other rolled through the keepers legs, yes the free kick was fantastic.... Spains goal... hardly total football, there were at least a couple of lucky bobbles.... the commentators would have us believe we have just witnessed another Brazil vs Italy 1982.

Saudi Arabia... absolutely dogshit... is that the best the extensive Asian qualifying tournament can offer. In 2026 there's going to be another 5 Asian teams. 16 groups of 3 with the top two going through. So after a round of the world cup, we are down to.... 32 teams.... absolute farce.

Obviously from my post the passion for the game is still there, and I'll always support city, and my passion for Italian football is still there.... but best sport in the world.... is it buggery.
Some valid points there. Pampered players,diver and cheaters, over hyped games and players etc. But I'm also a huge fan of Boxing,Rugby, and other sports. And watch them all the time on the telly, and I played rugby union for 3 years, and loved everything about it. But for me football is the number one sport, and when someone says they like sport but dislike football, I'm baffled and confused.
The lads I played rugby with at Pinley and at the Standard club, the majority were still keen Cov City fans and interested in their national teams. But yes it has its faults as do all sports, but it still can excite and still the national sport.

Otis

Some valid points there. Pampered players,diver and cheaters, over hyped games and players etc. But I'm also a huge fan of Boxing,Rugby, and other sports. And watch them all the time on the telly, and I played rugby union for 3 years, and loved everything about it. But for me football is the number one sport, and when someone says they like sport but dislike football, I'm baffled and confused.
The lads I played rugby with at Pinley and at the Standard club, the majority were still keen Cov City fans and interested in their national teams. But yes it has its faults as do all sports, but it still can excite and still the national sport.
Football frustrates the hell out of me, except I am a Coventrian and an Englishman, so love watching the City and love watching England (no matter how crap they may be half the time).

Am watching the World Cup and quite enjoying it, but if I was out I wouldn't be missing it that much for sure.

Cov City Daytrader 87

No there's nothing wrong him. If they hate it, they hate it. Change the subject with the individual or move and talks to others who love football.

See the world for what it is, rather that what you want it to be.

dancers lance

I tend to find the people who say they don't like football are the same people who say they have no interest in music, oxygen thieves.

pastythegreat

I tend to find the people who say they don't like football are the same people who say they have no interest in music, oxygen thieves.
The same as people who put a spoiler on a Vauxhall nova and spend Saturday nights in McDonald's car parks. They don't normally like football!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Otis

The same as people who put a spoiler on a Vauxhall nova and spend Saturday nights in McDonald's car parks. They don't normally like football!

Do people really do that, hang about in McDonald's car parks?

dancers lance

Would be a great name for a band, that.

In fact......

Oxygen Thieves
As the band name is already taken we would have to get our heads together and come up with a new one, but I put it forward that the title of our first release be "I tend to find the people who say they don't like football are the same people who say they have no interest in music"

dancers lance

Excepting Reg the Donk I think, who never listens to music .
A heavy reader though IIRC .
It surprises me when people are great readers but have no love for music, to me hearing amazing music is like reading an amazing story, just with a sound track.

pastythegreat

Do people really do that, hang about in McDonald's car parks?
Yeah. All showing off how big there bass box is and wheelspinning! Not sure it happens so much nowadays but was massive back when I was in school.

wingy

It surprises me when people are great readers but have no love for music, to me hearing amazing music is like reading an amazing story, just with a sound track.
Yeah I was surprised when he put it on here as you can be so lifted by it, but it's a free world ,different strokes.

dancers lance

Yeah I was surprised when he put it on here as you can be so lifted by it, but it's a free world ,different strokes.
Of course, the greatest joy of being alive is the ability to express yourself.

Covstu

But you haven’t watched a single match eh? ..... okay

Users who are viewing this thread