People judge too quickly! (1 Viewer)

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I Don't see how AT is any different to Coleman, Dowie etc , they didn't know how to get the team playing decent football, and we only done well under them was because we had good quality players who could produce the goods easily, not saying we don't have quality now we have plenty just need time for it all to come into place we were unlucky to loose fleck, if he had stayed on today we probably could of scored a couple more but anyways, he isn't perfect i know but it's the first game of the season for heavens sake as people say we've got another 45 odd games to see what he does.

Andy thorn actually seems to try and get us playing good passing football, again it doesn't just come natural , it takes time and patience but unfortunately some of our fans don't have that but all i can say is that we take the positives out of today and look forward to sheffield on tuesday, let's just back the team and give them the best support they have ever recieved! PUSB

Colonel Mustard

Say what you want about the pros and cons of Thorn's leadership, but you cannot say that people are judging too quickly - he's been in charge for 18 months, not two weeks.

Paxman II

I'm happy to give his charges a few games to settle in - perhaps 8/9 games and we should then see the results that AT beleives are possible.

I think an awful lot of people will be disappointed after a game that many believe we should have started our season with a win at a club like Yeovil - and to an extent I agree. However we must temper the disappointment and wait and see what response we get on Tuesday night.

We have a decent squad for this league and are deservedly one of the favourites so it's heads up and all to play for...

If it fails to materialise then would be the time to question the manager. Today he picked the wrong side for me and left experienced players on the bench for a nervous first game when the experienced head would have been better. And that's the thing, I could do that all day but I'm willing to give him a chance and prove me wrong.

Lets also not forget though, the players must also play their part and when McSheff plays poorly there can be no excuses.

My personal view is that we will do well because every time I look at this leagues teams I think we would be guilty of a 'footballing disgrace' if we can't at least trade near the top overall.
One game at a time folks.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Say what you want about the pros and cons of Thorn's leadership, but you cannot say that people are judging too quickly - he's been in charge for 18 months, not two weeks.
Yes i know but last season was the past and we leave that behind and focus on the new season, that's what i'm meaning not his performance oer 18 months but since the new season has commenced

Nonleagueherewecome

There it is again, "a club like Yeovil". No wonder my mate thinks we're all arrogant pricks!

Grendel

There it is again, "a club like Yeovil". No wonder my mate thinks we're all arrogant pricks!

Not really. Last season great play was made of our weak squad and the fact that we were asking children to fill in the gaps. This no longer applies and the excuses are no more. Big clubs in the Premier League would almost certainly always expect to roll over smaller ones. This is not arrogance but a belief they have stronger resources and better players.

Our wage budget will be higher than Yeovil and our expectation should be much higher. Thorn himself says the squad that he has assembled is capable of getting promoted. Few Yeovil supporters will have such an expectation.

Gaz

I'll judge AT on this season as he has been able to bring his players in now, where last season he had to put up with things like having his top goal scorer sold and having to play lads out of the academy.

Grendel

We have all heard AT on the radio at after match interviews so one question;- could he motivate you?

No chance and that is a big problem. He cannot communicate effectively and effective communication is a key management requirement.

scroobiustom

I feel like everyone should be careful about what they write in the negative sense, really could come back and bite you in the arse at the end of the season!

Nonleagueherewecome

It's too early to judge?

Desperados

Football is always judged and viewed on percentages, today with 36% possession without even commenting on the shots totals shows we were doing something wrong?

Now I don’t expect us to have an easy trip in L1 and understand it was the first league game but I know teams will think we are a big club to shoot down and raise their game, but as a Cov fan I would expect our players and back room staff to also be aware of this and especially first game of the season motivate/raise their game also to show we are up for the fight? Some lacked this and we need to go into every game fully on the ball, not “blowing cobwebs off” FFS isn’t that what pre-season is for?

Users who are viewing this thread