Penalty vs Crewe (or not) (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Watching the highlights of the Crewe game it looks to me that the foul for the penalty was committed outside the area. I haven't read anything on this. Thoughts?

Kingokings204

Probably just outside ( I was right by it) but split second decision and looked inside.

Would of been made more if we 1-0 and by that penalty.

oakey

I agree. Not complaining but can we have an iffy penalty in a close game please? It was wasted on that game.

Otis

Watching the highlights of the Crewe game it looks to me that the foul for the penalty was committed outside the area. I haven't read anything on this. Thoughts?
Definitely outside, but for whatever reason, no Crewe player protests about the decision and at normal speed it certainly looks a penalty all day long.

We've had more than our fair share of penalties not given lately anyway haven't we.

rd45

At the time I thought it was on the line, at best. Probably helped that we'd already had a reasonable shout turned down.

It all evens out in the end.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Was a decent distance outside saw a still of the TV coverage of the moment on Twitter on Sunday if I knew how to post pictures on here I would but I don't so take my word for it.

CJ_covblaze

Was that the clumsiest challenge ever?

covcity4life

this is why i dont pay attention to threads opened on here by city fans about refs. they will focus on shit refs 247 when decisions against us,but something like this dont get mentioned

human nature and part and parcel of being a fan but it is silly.

mechaishida

Does it necessarily matter if it's a penalty or not, looking retrospectively?

We got the decision, AA buried the penalty and we rightfully stuffed a poor team and boosted our collective confidence; it didn't look terribly iffy to me, but Vince made a lot of the challenge.

Doesn't matter though, we got a 50/50 call in our favour for once.

coop

yes or no doesn't matter now Sheffield Utd game it really mattered as it was 0-0 at the time and he got that wrong swings and roundabouts

Nick

Administrator
Yep looked outside and he fell into it, strange how nobody kicked up a fuss though.

D

Deleted member 4439

Davies was in print pointing out that it was outside the box, and there have been discussions about it on other threads here.

skybluesam66

Surprised nobody has mentioned the nailed on penalty we didnt get with the scores at nil nil
Think it was Armstrong (may have been somebody else) who turned through 2 defenders only to be wrestled to the ground

Speedies_Chips

It was the same when we lost 7-1 at WBA in the late 70's. If you had taken away their 7 goals we would have got something out of the game.

D

Deleted member 4439

It was the same when we lost 7-1 at WBA in the late 70's. If you had taken away their 7 goals we would have got something out of the game.

Same as the Area Tacky Paint Cup Final. If Crewe hadn't scored three goals we would have won by two goals over the 2 legs.

Dave really would have been pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warwickhunt

i will take some more of those refereeing decsions to balance up the shite we've had in the first half of the season

Users who are viewing this thread