Penalties - why don't we get them (1 Viewer)

skablue

I can't remember the City being awarded a penalty in a home league match this season. Why? Are the referees afraid of giving them in case they are wrong, yesterday we had a good shout when the Oldham keeper shoved McSheffrey in the back before catching the ball or are the referees and linesmen just poor at this level.

kg82

From what I've seen the officials are poor at this level, especially the linesmen. But, when we did have a Premier League ref, he was also bloody awful! Can't explain the penalties. Went to Yeovil, first game of the season, and McDonald got hacked down, right in front of our fans. It was blatant, one of the most blatant I've seen. Ref had a great view of it. I honestly cannot figure out what they're thinking with ones like that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it must be the intimidation of a fully packed cauldron of noise that sparks a defiant conspiracy at FA headquarters.

The main problem with refs this season in my opinion is not giving decisions for holding or pulling back when the ball is coming down for a header. The amount of times Clarke, and before that Mcgoldrick, are held when waiting for the ball to come down is unbelievable. It would be annoying to not get the decision, but on lots of occasions a decision is given but against us. It's not just one ref because it happens every game. Maybe it's just slightly different at this level and something we need to get used to, but it's bloody annoying!

pusbccfc

McGold scored a pen earlier in the season. Plus Sheff did against Arseley (I think).

Still we've had 1 in the league and given away 6 (thanks Mr Wood).

Brighton Sky Blue

McGold scored a pen earlier in the season. Plus Sheff did against Arseley (I think).

Still we've had 1 in the league and given away 6 (thanks Mr Wood).

And Mr Clarke. To be fair I just think the officials are more lenient on defenders and this is common throughout the divisions. Saying that I was half expecting yesterday's equaliser to be given as a foul on Murphy. Not because it was, but because that just seems to be how decisions go.

CCFC_Charlie

We've had 4 pens (Kilbane v Dagenham, Fleck v Shrewsbury, McGoldrick v Hartlepool and McSheffrey v Morecambe)
We've also given 7 away (Bury, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Arsenal, Brentford, Scunthorpe and Stevenage)

jaymo132

I think it's because all the referees hate us and are genuinely biased against us
I agree with you Macca the last 2 seasons are the worst i can remember in the 40 odd years of watching the Sky Blues.
It's as though somebody from within the club has upset the Referees association and we are taking the flak....rant over:censored:

MatthewWallis

We've had 4 pens (Kilbane v Dagenham, Fleck v Shrewsbury, McGoldrick v Hartlepool and McSheffrey v Morecambe)
We've also given 7 away (Bury, Carlisle, Shrewsbury, Arsenal, Brentford, Sc-unithorpe and Stevenage)

But OP's point stil stands, we haven't been given a penalty in a home league game this season

GaryJones

I can't remember the City being awarded a penalty in a home league match this season. Why? Are the referees afraid of giving them in case they are wrong, yesterday we had a good shout when the Oldham keeper shoved McSheffrey in the back before catching the ball or are the referees and linesmen just poor at this level.
Its because we dont have any South American Swallow Divers in the team :D

Users who are viewing this thread