Paying to be a Mascot (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

Market forces, made more so by the 'Facebook, look at me, like me' mentality that exists [says Ricketts on social media!]

If parents want to indulge their childs ego and it will help our budget, take their money.

I would hope genuine deserving kids would get a freebie every now and again though.

Sky Blue Pete

Mark replied - I like that there’s still spaces for those that can’t afford what is quite a modest fee

Hope you're well and had a good Christmas and New Year.
It has been under consideration for a while and now introduced, bringing us in line with other Championship clubs. Though the charge is now in place, the mascot package has proved popular with all places selling out to JSBs.
We continue to have free places for charity/community causes and for use as competition prizes etc

shepardo01

So, nephew was a mascot at WBA last night.... £125
Did not get to meet any players, was told not to try to engage with players, not allowed into changing rooms.
Got attached to a player just before KO (Okay Yoluslu) - player did not talk to him - walked out onto pitch, photo in circle with other mascots... pretty much it...
(Tour of ground - hospitality areas, no changing room visit - short coached seasion on pitch- signed football (most extremely high squad numbers!) and that was it!)
He loved it.... knew no different....but having a benchmark (CCFC - my lad has been mascot this season) brother in law was fuming!!

Our players seem like a great bunch, and the time and personal attention they gave the mascots, each and every one of them, chatting, signing whatever they wanted, seems even more special compared to what was offered last night.

The new cost of £125 (same as WBA) and the experience that is now offered (my lad got the free version...priced version now offers even more) absolutely blows the WBA offer out of the water!!

shmmeee

So, nephew was a mascot at WBA last night.... £125
Did not get to meet any players, was told not to try to engage with players, not allowed into changing rooms.
Got attached to a player just before KO (Okay Yoluslu) - player did not talk to him - walked out onto pitch, photo in circle with other mascots... pretty much it...
(Tour of ground - hospitality areas, no changing room visit - short coached seasion on pitch- signed football (most extremely high squad numbers!) and that was it!)
He loved it.... knew no different....but having a benchmark (CCFC - my lad has been mascot this season) brother in law was fuming!!

Our players seem like a great bunch, and the time and personal attention they gave the mascots, each and every one of them, chatting, signing whatever they wanted, seems even more special compared to what was offered last night.

The new cost of £125 (same as WBA) and the experience that is now offered (my lad got the free version...priced version now offers even more) absolutely blows the WBA offer out of the water!!

Always see Hamer having a chat with the mascot when he walks out. Can’t believe that from WBA, disgraceful.

shepardo01

Always see Hamer having a chat with the mascot when he walks out. Can’t believe that from WBA, disgraceful.
Our players really were great (and this was on the day of the Blackpool sickness debacle where it was chaos down in the players area - due to this, time in the changing room was limited) every player that came through the corridor chatted, had pictures with, and signed mascots books/shirts. Nothing was too much for any of them!
Some who were a little later, checked in to the changing room on time (so they didn't get a fine!) and came back out!
All players high-fived the mascots on the way out to warm up, and on the way back in.
Mascots got to stand with players in the tunnel, players introduced themselves, (my lad was with Kasey Palmer) took them out (he's only little but KP made sure my lad kept with him, and even gave him a high five upon breaking out to go to his playing position before KO)
We got free professional photographs, a dated "mascot experience" book/aurograph book too....
I couldn't believe how in-personal the WBA experience sounded last night.

SkyBlueCharlie9

When my lad did it 3 years back, we were in changing rooms for a good 15mins with access to all players who were so friendly and engaging. A very very special day and my lad became slyblue for life that day, despite living way down south!

skybluelee

My girls did it in 2015 when it was still free, and a few weeks back when it was £125.

The experience both times was incredible, the players are so friendly and engaging with the mascots.

The main differences were that in 2015 they met the players in the dressing room, whereas this time you meet them in the corridor leading to the dressing room, and last time we met Mowbray in his office whereas this time we stumbled across Robins by chance in the dressing room, and tbf he didn't look that pleased to see us!

What was better this time is they were given a football to get signed and also some player postcards, plus a trophy and certificate.

Its a fantastic experience and I'd urge anyone with kids to try and book a place if you can. We live in Dorset so getting the kids to support Coventry isn't the easiest sell at the best of times (it was easier for my dad as we won the FAC when I was 11!) but days like this cement it. Both have a wall each in their rooms dedicated to City, and sky blue pictures are matching Harry Styles for wall space coverage. Long may that continue!

Users who are viewing this thread