PAY ON THE GATE AT EMIRATES (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Not long got home after a rare stint of overtime for me. I couldn't believe the news of the Cologne supporters who have turned up en masse for tonights europa league game.
I wonder if the Met will consult with the Lincolnshire constabulary on what action to take?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

KO delayed until 21:00 apparently. That game can't be a sell out, surely? I wonder if they will attempt to accommodate as many Germans as possible rather than have them roaming around North London?

Apparently it didn't even make general sale.

Wonder if they had an extra 10,000 'members' sign up after the draw!

chiefdave

Apparently it didn't even make general sale.

Wonder if they had an extra 10,000 'members' sign up after the draw!
Do Arsenal do the same as Man Utd. For example if you want a ticket for the Spurs game you have to buy a ticket for a Europa league game nobody is interested in.

Assuming they're only letting fans with tickets in its pretty much all Cologne fans in there so far.

Shambles and doesn't seem like the police really know how to deal with it, hopefully the result isn't any serious trouble.

chiefdave

5 mins to kick off and top tier is still half empty with Cologne fans spread all over the bottom tier.

Did the thousands of Cologne fans bringing Oxford Street to a standstill earlier today not give the police the idea there might be a few more than they were expecting?

SkyblueBazza

Not long got home after a rare stint of overtime for me. I couldn't believe the news of the Cologne supporters who have turned up en masse for tonights europa league game.
I wonder if the Met will consult with the Lincolnshire constabulary on what action to take?
Why would they consult Lincolnshire Constabulary?

It is interesting to note about these "Cologne supporters (/fans)" being reported initially with admiration as they passed through London.

I wonder if it were Arsenal fans in Cologne marching through the main shopping area letting of flares & chanting if it would be reported as "English(/Arsenal) yobs(/hooligans)" instead?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wingy

Can't speak for their football fans but it's a great City and and the locals I've met over the years have been very welcoming and friendly.

chiefdave

Intersting watching the videos on twitter. Seems to be a lot of self policing going on, lots of videos of Cologne fans trying to start trouble and other Cologne fans stopping them rather than joining in and the whole thing kicking off.

SkyblueBazza

Can't speak for their football fans but it's a great City and and the locals I've met over the years have been very welcoming and friendly.
But the twitter videos seem to show them smashing in through barriers & fighting with stewards. English of whatever club would be condemned & labelled as hooligans.

Reap what you sow perhaps?

wingy

But the twitter videos seem to show them smashing in through barriers & fighting with stewards. English of whatever club would be condemned & labelled as hooligans.

Reap what you sow perhaps?

Valid point Bazza.

CJ_covblaze

It's FC Koln. What were they expecting? The Arsenal fans are probably not used to all this. Next story will be a sudden influx of North London Google searches for the word "atmosphere".

Users who are viewing this thread