Paul Fletcher (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

torchomatic

rob9872

ACL didn't even exist then.

He said acl was spurn from arena 2001 and was set up by the club. I don't know if that's accurate or not, perhaps someone can confirm.

señor Santiago

I have had personal experience of how professional and caring Paul Fletcher was when in charge. He was really helpful to me.

The things he just said about Coventry City council I believe.

I have always been anti SISU, but after that from Paul Fletcher I am very concerned about the tactics and motives of Coventry Council

Its kind of simple. SISU are dodgy as fuck, so they're not giving them the stadium.

lordsummerisle

He said acl was spurn from arena 2001 and was set up by the club. I don't know if that's accurate or not, perhaps someone can confirm.

Think it was Football Investors Ltd or something, PWKH and McGinnity directors of it and sure it was the pre-cursor to ACL?

rob9872

We were alrady paying 900k per season at highfield road

Black6Osprey

The main crux of it for me, ignoring some of the waffle, is we need to own the ground and would the council and Higgs piss off if they got their money back?

If they won't, and everything the council have said suggests they won't without a huge return, then they should be ashamed and who the hell are these people.

It's all about the money and not the club.

torchomatic

So no-one was waiting in the wings to take us over then according to PWKH.

torchomatic

LewSkyBlue

The main crux of it for me, ignoring some of the waffle, is we need to own the ground and would the council and Higgs piss off if they got their money back?

If they won't, and everything the council have said suggests they won't without a huge return, then they should be ashamed and who the hell are these people.

It's all about the money and not the club.

From what i understood of what PF just said on the radio it sounds that way. Was interesting that he said something like "if they were willing to sell for what they put in i could get a buyer tomorrow" dont know if that was just a sweeping statement to highlight people would be interested or if in fact people are willing to buy us but just not for the ammount being demanded. Either way it highlights how well and truely shafted we are.

torchomatic

chiefdave

There's many many people who have been involved with CCFC over recent years that I have a massive distrust of (Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity, Fletcher, Ranson, Deliu, Fisher, I'm sure there's more) but it does strike me that all of these people aren't linked to each other, although some are, yet they all say pretty much the same thing. The the council / higgs / acl are impossible to deal with. No smoke without fire and all that and you do begin to wonder if they have a point.

What need is there for the likes of Fletcher and Robinson, who have both been on CWR this week having a pop at the council, if it isn't true? they're no longer involved and have moved on to other things, surely little to gain?

Would love to see someone put in a firm offer for the Ricoh on the 'we'll give you what you've put in' basis and see what the response is!

italiahorse

There's many many people who have been involved with CCFC over recent years that I have a massive distrust of (Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity, Fletcher, Ranson, Deliu, Fisher, I'm sure there's more) but it does strike me that all of these people aren't linked to each other, although some are, yet they all say pretty much the same thing. The the council / higgs / acl are impossible to deal with. No smoke without fire and all that and you do begin to wonder if they have a point.

What need is there for the likes of Fletcher and Robinson, who have both been on CWR this week having a pop at the council, if it isn't true? they're no longer involved and have moved on to other things, surely little to gain?

Would love to see someone put in a firm offer for the Ricoh on the 'we'll give you what you've put in' basis and see what the response is!

The problem is it can't be SISU as they will be vetoed.

rupert_bear

This bloke is a joke.....

He said the rent was fine in the premier league, we have never played at the ricoh in the prem......

Was this bloke really in charge here?
Linnell said in answer to a texter that the rent was agreed while we were in the premiership ? Is he on drugs ?

Mr Creosote

When Fletcher went people berated him. He was seen as a slick operator.

The guy was ill informed and spoke rubbish, he should stick to his new job at the university. There is a reason why he is not working in football anymore! CWR really do drag up some old dinosaurs

Otis

ACL is not the council. Higgs is not the council.

It is the council who would apparently veto any deal. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

As you say, people have been having a pop at the council.

That is quite different. PWKH though did allude to the fact that Sisu seem impossible to work with (shaking hands on a deal and then denying any deal was made etc.)

I don't trust Sisu, but by the same token, I have never trusted any Coventry City Council either.

oakey

ACL is not the council. Higgs is not the council.

It is the council who would apparently veto any deal. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

As you say, people have been having a pop at the council.

That is quite different. PWKH though did allude to the fact that Sisu seem impossible to work with (shaking hands on a deal and then denying any deal was made etc.)

I don't trust Sisu, but by the same token, I have never trusted any Coventry City Council either.
I take your point, Otis. However, CCC do not own the club and do not owe the club anything. Their duty is to the people of Coventry. Therefore we cannot expect CCC to act solely in the interests of the club but we ought to be able to expect it of the club's owners. That's why I don't understand how people can say they are both as bad as each other.

Users who are viewing this thread