Paul Barber (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Was this the bloke that the SISU clowns were getting advice off, well not any more by the looks of things. http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/9731336.Ex_FA_chief_joins_Albion/

Cov City Daytrader 87

He probably did give good advice to Sisu, but they were too stubburn to take it. So he thought 'if that's your attitude, I'm off to somewhere else who wants help!':thinking about:

wingy

Well whatever he was setting up he's spent six months securing it ,THe worrying thing in the comments section is they appear to be also looking for a scout.:facepalm:;)

Didge76

Ex-FA chief joins Albion

6:30pm Monday 28th May 2012 in Albion
Paul Barber was previously commercial director for the Football Association
Albion have appointed Paul Barber as the club’s new chief executive.

The former Football Association commercial director and Tottenham Hotspur executive director arrives with a wealth of experience, both from the football and business sectors.

He will begin in his new role on June 18.

Barber said, “I am delighted to be joining such an ambitious and well-run club, with such a dedicated owner and board of directors.

“The club has made great progress on and off the pitch, and I am looking forward to expanding on what has already been achieved by the club and its staff in moving from Withdean to the excellent Amex Stadium.”

The 45-year-old spent the past two years as CEO at Vancouver Whitecaps, leading the club's transition to Major League Soccer, and two stadium moves.

Hope this works guys!!!!

Didge76

Note the working for an "ambitious and well run club" totally the opposite to our basket case of a club!!!!

wingy

Ex-FA chief joins Albion

6:30pm Monday 28th May 2012 in Albion
Paul Barber was previously commercial director for the Football Association
Albion have appointed Paul Barber as the club’s new chief executive.

The former Football Association commercial director and Tottenham Hotspur executive director arrives with a wealth of experience, both from the football and business sectors.

He will begin in his new role on June 18.

Barber said, “I am delighted to be joining such an ambitious and well-run club, with such a dedicated owner and board of directors.

“The club has made great progress on and off the pitch, and I am looking forward to expanding on what has already been achieved by the club and its staff in moving from Withdean to the excellent Amex Stadium.”

The 45-year-old spent the past two years as CEO at Vancouver Whitecaps, leading the club's transition to Major League Soccer, and two stadium moves.

Hope this works guys!!!!
Cheers Didge ,just another revolving door.

wingy

Surprised our very own Brighton sky Blue did'nt bring us the scoop,with his ferreting skills and local connection;):facepalm:

Grendel

Well whatever he was setting up he's spent six months securing it ,THe worrying thing in the comments section is they appear to be also looking for a scout.:facepalm:;)

Every cloud..

Brighton Sky Blue

Surprised our very own Brighton sky Blue did'nt bring us the scoop,with his ferreting skills and local connection;):facepalm:

This one flew right by me! The general reaction of Brighton tweeters is pretty positive-indeed they're over the moon with his appointment. Having said that, their chairman covered the Amex stadium costs, they don't pay rent, they have a decent team, and are even talking about expanding the ground after just a single season. Suffice to say that our move to the Ricoh and theirs to the Amex couldn't have worked out any differently! You win this round Wingy ;):mad:

wingy

Well what to make of it .The guy tendered his resignation in December ,left in Feb ,Turned up on Sisu's bench in April.Would have to guess Brighton were always his destination so the only question for us,does the timing of this announcement signify anything about Ricoh negotiations

Users who are viewing this thread