Parking for tomorrow (1 Viewer)

squeeam

Taking my 6 year old son to his first proper Coventry City match tomorrow (took him pre-season to Hinckley but I'm not counting that).

Without paying a tenner I want to park as close to the Ricoh as I can and I'd seen on another post saying that they park at Leakes without any problems. Is that the case?

I'm a bit dubious about parking at Tesco's as I've been questioned a couple of times before.

Cheers in advance.

PS. My son seems to think we're going to score 8 like we did against Hinckley. I think a life lesson may be learned tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 4439

If all other options fail, then you could at least park in the scrapper's car park, at a cost of £7. The car park is directly opposite car park B . It's on your left at the mini roundabout to the stadium entrance. The only small fly in the ointment is that you now have to wait 10 mins after the game for cars to be allowed out. Would try to get there a bit earlier to get a spot nearer to the car park exit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohitsaidwalker king power

Tesco.. last Sat before Christmas... OMG:facepalm:

We park at the top of Wilsons lane.... at the roundabout under the M6 at top of Longford road/Exhall turn into as if you were going to Novotel.. parking on the left small industrial units... has a couple of carpark attendants as well so reasonably safe and secure...£2.50... about a 10 min walk... along Wilsons lane but does us fine..

Last edited:

Baginton

what times tesco close on Monday, i gotta lot of xmas presents to buy and dont finish work til 6pm :whistle:

might be the BP garage again !!

blitzer109

We park at the top of Wilsons lane.... at the roundabout under the M6 at top of Longford road/Exhall turn into as if you were going to Novotel.. parking on the left small industrial units... has a couple of carpark attendants as well so reasonably safe and secure...£2.50... about a 10 min walk... along Wilsons lane but does us fine..

I park there as well but it takes me more than 10 minutes to wlak to the ground !

Otis

what times tesco close on Monday, i gotta lot of xmas presents to buy and dont finish work til 6pm :whistle:

might be the BP garage again !!

Believe it or not, they are open til 10 pm on Monday. With Monday of course being Christmas Eve I find that quite astonishing.

Otis

Been said before. Restrictions only come into place over a certain figure. Not sure where the 10,000 figure comes from though and whether that is right.

elephanttears

Mmmm cant see that being right, how would the traffic wardens know whether to give tickets or not before the attendance has been announced??

Otis

Tesco restrictions I think they mean. The Arena haven't put security on all season. If the crowd is of a certain level though, they do.

We've hardly got to that level this season have we. If we had 12,000 I'm sure there would be security on the Arena gates.

elephanttears

Oh ok, he did say the parking scheme around the Ricoh though. The best thing to do is park in Tesco its free. When you drive past the Dereks on the gate dont make eye contact and just drive through. In the remote possibility you get a ticket ignore it because parking tickets issued by these idiots or any other private companies are not enforacable. They prey on the fact that a fairly high percenage of people fold under the threatening letters but in reality they can do nothing this is a fact, ignore, ignore,ignore.

Otis

I have parked in Tesco's all season. Been pretty much no security all season so it's been brilliant. If they are on I just say I am shopping and not going to the game. They then wave you through.

Going to park there tomorrow, but my wife and daughter are going shopping there anyway, so we will park there and they will go to the shops while I go to the game.

Baginton

this 10,000 thing is around the streets, there are signs they flip open when its in operation, keep yopur eyes open for them!

Otis, remember when telling them your going shopping not to wear your Cov top :D

Users who are viewing this thread