Parking charge (1 Viewer)

workdad

Evening all. Parked my car for fifteen - twenty minutes today,behind the old General Wolfe pub on ground that I think belongs to the old Angel pub. Anyway, when I returned to my car I had a ticket on the screen from a company called UKPS. It is called a parking infringement notice and they want £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days. Anyone have any knowledge or experience on this matter ? Tempted to ignore it but concerned about legal stuff/ bad credit. On return to the car I have to admit there were signs up but I honestly didn't notice them.
PUSB

Grendel

Throw it away its bollocks. People park all over the streets now. It's pointless paying these pubs and others who have land to park. There's no enforcement any more.

bigfatronssba

The law says that if the signs are not in an obvious place then you haven't entered into a "contract" with the land owner, therefore from the sounds of it it isn't enforceable.

chiefdave

Ultimately they will need to take you to court for non-payment of the 'contract'. There's no guarantee they will win so highly unlikely they will take it that far.

bigfatronssba

Also they can only claim back "damages". They need to prove how you parking there has cost them £60.

workdad

Yes, I know there is a company. I popped into the pub and spoke to the gaffer. I explained to him I was visiting the doctors next door and he said to call the company. I did this, an eastern European woman said to write in with an appeal. Problem with this is I would need to give them my address.Not sure this is wise if I decide to bin it.
PUSB

bigfatronssba

Yes, I know there is a company. I popped into the pub and spoke to the gaffer. I explained to him I was visiting the doctors next door and he said to call the company. I did this, an eastern European woman said to write in with an appeal. Problem with this is I would need to give them my address.Not sure this is wise if I decide to bin it.
PUSB

You don't need to do anything. Its up to them to prove how you have cost them £60.

Nick

Administrator
PUSB

If it is like the ones I have had, the DVLA will give them your address if they want it.

You should give them this reaction:

giphy.gif

workdad

Looks like the verdict is to ignore, and chuck it in the bin. Thanks for the advice,any further news on this subject I will let you all know.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread