Parking at Birmingham Wheels (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

A heads up for anyone who’s been using Birmingham Wheels for parking on match days. I’ve just read on a motorsports forum that Birmingham City Council has just evicted all the businesses that operate from the site with pretty much immediate effect. Not sure if it’s going to effect match parking but if you’re using it it might be prudent to check in advance.

Irish Sky Blue

We have a ST for parking in the Main Stand Car park. I bought our tickets for the game today but wasn’t able to buy our usual parking spot. The lady in the ticket office told me that they hadn’t been given the car park spaces to sell. Not sure why? I think we will be street parking for this one.

TTG

skybluetony176

There’s been an update on this in the last few hours and it seems that the site has had a reprieve, albeit temporary but parking should be safe for the rest of the season.

chiefdave

There’s been an update on this in the last few hours and it seems that the site has had a reprieve, albeit temporary but parking should be safe for the rest of the season.
Wasn’t Wheels only ever a temporary thing until the council decided what they were doing there?

Maybe it’s closing because that’s where our new ground will be!!!

skybluetony176

Wasn’t Wheels only ever a temporary thing until the council decided what they were doing there?

Maybe it’s closing because that’s where our new ground will be!!!

It’s contaminated ground that the council haven’t been able to do much with. It’s leased of the council by a charity who then rent it out to the various operators on site. I have it on very very good authority (ex promoter of short circuit racing on the the site and still involved in other activities on the site) that HS2 want it. Ultimately it’s days are probably numbered either way as even if HS2 doesn’t happen as each year goes by the site becomes less and less contaminated simply because of the passing of time and possibilities open up for the council. The problem on this particular occasion though is that the charity is behind on its rent by some £800K.

Users who are viewing this thread