Panic Stations or pure melodramatics ? (1 Viewer)

Where will we end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfc1234

So which are you?

- I am getting slightly concerned by TM's recent dealings in the transfer market. Rammage is a Horrendous player and came to us from a diabolical standard of play. With two players signed in the same position, how much we burning in wages? We now have 6 CB's when an experienced goalkeeper would be far better addition.

- We dont seem to be playing with any consistency and seem to rotate at times randomly, our best form was early season when we went with a solid stable lineup.

- We just sold our best player to Norwich for a decent fee but one we will no doubt not spend?

- Our Legal case is very much in the balance

- Our form is dire

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- We are in the top 6

- crowds are higher than ever

- We have money in theory to spend on players

- We have time to turn it round

- We have 2 of the best 5 players in this league in our team

- TM would be wanted by every team in L1

Last edited:

ConnorDevine

Does it really annoy anyone else when people say we really 'need' an experienced goalkeeper? RCC has made so many incredible stops this season and he's got all you on his back for 3/4 goalscoring errors

Also of course we're rotating, Injuries, Tiredness, Predictability? all factors forcing Mowbray to rotate

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

The wheels have come off for me. Didn't maximise our points tally in games where we dominated such as Swindon Sheffield away, Donny, Southend oldham at home. But evn the games that we did win we looked vulnerable in defence, Barnsley Crewe at home, outplayed them but still only one by a single goal. Now we are playing badly we seem to be getting beaten easily.

Hope I'm proven wrong and hoping henderson and the new CBs can add a bit of muscle / height to defending and scoring from set pieces. Just concerned our team has been changed too much of late and will continue to be tinkered with.

Gazolba

We now have 6 CB's when an experienced goalkeeper would be a far better addition.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. We should first have strengthened the GK position, then the center-backs, then the strikers.
We are in a reasonable position now, apart from a weak GK. We now need to jettison some of the dead wood who won't even make the bench.

Gazolba

Does it really annoy anyone else when people say we really 'need' an experienced goalkeeper? RCC has made so many incredible stops this season and he's got all you on his back for 3/4 goalscoring errors

<snip>

It's a goal-keepers job to make 'incredible stops'. But have you not noticed the opposition goal-keepers are making more incredible stops than ours?

letsallsingtogether

It's a goal-keepers job to make 'incredible stops'. But have you not noticed the opposition goal-keepers are making more incredible stops than ours?
TBF I think we have the worst keepers in this league, no talking no dominance no bottle.
Maybe in a season or two they will come good. It is really our weak spot.
Hope I am proved wrong on Sunday☺

Godiva

Back in December an old friend of mine was starting a new company. He asked for my help and especially wanted me to create a couple of quite complicated spreadsheets. He had already a quote from a specialized company and he offered me the same money for helping him. I agreed to help him, but I will never accept money from my friends, so instead I suggested that come May he would buy tickets for the both of us to the league 1 playoff final at Wembley IF Coventry were playing. Otherwise I would work for free.

That was then and now it looks very likely I will get paid for my work.
1st and 2nd place is too far away now and we can't lose to many before even the playoffs will become a challenge.

So there you are - my bet is we will reach the playoff - most likely to play Sheffield U in the final. And I will be there.

(But honestly TM will have to start playing the same 11 each match and only change the lineup when forced to due to illness, injuries or bans!)

mark82

Also of course we're rotating, Injuries, Tiredness, Predictability? all factors forcing Mowbray to rotate

Completely agree. RCC is a decent keeper at this level. All keepers at this level make mistakes otherwise they wouldn't be playing at this level.

dongonzalos

Back in December an old friend of mine was starting a new company. He asked for my help and especially wanted me to create a couple of quite complicated spreadsheets. He had already a quote from a specialized company and he offered me the same money for helping him. I agreed to help him, but I will never accept money from my friends, so instead I suggested that come May he would buy tickets for the both of us to the league 1 playoff final at Wembley IF Coventry were playing. Otherwise I would work for free.

That was then and now it looks very likely I will get paid for my work.
1st and 2nd place is too far away now and we can't lose to many before even the playoffs will become a challenge.

So there you are - my bet is we will reach the playoff - most likely to play Sheffield U in the final. And I will be there.

(But honestly TM will have to start playing the same 11 each match and only change the lineup when forced to due to illness, injuries or bans!)

I like this story
FairPlay

The Lurker

I said on here that night Bradford away would be a pinnacle night and it seems that way now. We had just won 4-1 and gone top. We went to Bradford and made 4 changes. We played fortune and went for a draw. We should have played the same team and went for it. Look where Bradford are now. And there fans on here had the cheek to say they would be top.

stevefloyd

Are other teams goalkeepers better or is it our strikers of late are making them look good? We only see oppos goalies briefly whereas we see RCC most weeks

Mcbean

Fuckers always make great saves against us - last match

and the ref made some great saves for them as well

Users who are viewing this thread