Our Record Over 2 Legs (1 Viewer)

edgy

What's our record like in 2 legged games?
One in particular sticks in my mind. And Robins was in charge for that one. :hungover:

Liquid Gold

We've been rubbish at everything for years. Maybe we're good in the playoffs, that could be our thing but we haven't realised because we've never made it.

no_loyalty

What's our record like in 2 legged games?
One in particular sticks in my mind. And Robins was in charge for that one. :hungover:

Not good

Apart from the one you mentioned we also lost against West Ham in 1981 league cup Semi Final, and also lost against Forest in a league cup semi final, and in Europe I believe (was a bit before my time)

skybluesam66

crewe/forest/west ham/B munich lost
ManU/ trakia plodviv/ Ipswich won

not sure beyond that

manu and ipswich were early league cup rounds - may have played others in that era

The Great Eastern

Not that any previous semi finals or two legged matches has the slightest bearing on this game coming up on Saturday.
To quote John Motson in something he probably never said...' And Team B hasnt won at Team A for over 50 seasons. That must be on the minds of the players of team B....'

skybluesam66

Not that any previous semi finals or two legged matches has the slightest bearing on this game coming up on Saturday.
To quote John Motson in something he probably never said...' And Team B hasnt won at Team A for over 50 seasons. That must be on the minds of the players of team B....'
you say that , but our record v villa hung like a millstone for many a year

Users who are viewing this thread