Our league 1 team could do well... (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Just think about it...

Players like Baker/Bell and mcsheff should in all honesty tear that league apart.

Cody and Rod should come good at lower level and bag goals.
Platt will fit in well.

Hussey also should fit in far easier with wood and mcpake in defence.

If we can keep hold of thomas and Cyrus they should also do well.

We will lose keogh, craine and clingan ( although he's woeful!) Inevitably but as I have stated we should have a top 6 side.

Younger lads, Gael and johnson clarke-harris will struggle at lower level due to physicality of the league.

Otis

Just think about it...

Players like Baker/Bell and mcsheff should in all honesty tear that league apart.

Platt will fit in well.

We will lose keogh, craine and clingan ( although he's woeful!) Inevitably but as I have stated we should have a top 6 side.

Younger lads, Gael and johnson clarke-harris will struggle at lower level due to physicality of the league.

Wish I had your confidence. Unfortunately, I would see us as very much a bottom 6 side.

Baker and Bell wouldn't tear any league apart.

CovLis86

Likelihood would be all of the senior players to be leaving or let go to be honest. Firstly for wages, and also some of them probably thinking they are too good for us...god knows how when theyve done their bit in getting us in this mess.
I could only see Platt, Hussey, Baker and McDonald staying out of all of them. Rest would be the youngsters, out of who i could see Thomas and Christie going.

AFCCOVENTRY

Just think about it...

Platt will fit in well.

I will be real honest and i don't want to see Baker/Bell/McSheff etc next season. They don't have what is takes to have a winning mentality. I would keep all the kids in our team if we can hang onto them and build a team of players of a good rep in L1. That is what the like of Leeds, Norwich, Saints did.

CCFC becomes very attractive to the quality L1 players.

But that will only happen if SISU are not here.

pusbccfc

Likelihood would be all of the senior players to be leaving or let go to be honest. Firstly for wages, and also some of them probably thinking they are too good for us...god knows how when theyve done their bit in getting us in this mess.
I could only see Platt, Hussey, Baker and McDonald staying out of all of them. Rest would be the youngsters, out of who i could see Thomas and Christie going.

But they are cov lads, I'm sure at their age they wouldn't want to move from family.
So unless they are forced out by sisu then they should stay.

Just think about it...

Platt will fit in well.

are u a wum, either that or clueless, bell and baker would struggle to tear the conference apart, do you realise how hard league 1 is, jordan rhodes has 24 goals and they are by no means certanties for even the playoffs, with the current team i would honestly predict a relegation battle

SkyBlue_Bear83

I doubt it tbh, didn't Mcsheff go on loan to Leeds when they were in league 1 and deemed not good enough? Bell is never going to tear any league part and ROD is lucky to be a professional footballer Mcdonald is proven only in league 2 but admittedly Baker done well for Stockport in that league.

pusbccfc

What I'm trying to say, is players like baker + bell should do far better in league 1!
Maybe tear apart was going a bit to far but they should fit in well.
These players are league 1 players as we always say.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Somehow I don't think it will be that easy.... Bell is a pretty poor player even for league one (he does have some good spells but that's it).
I like Baker and he will do ok, but I don't think i'd go as far as to say he would tear it apart. Only player that is going to bag us goals that we have left is Sheffers. AND we'r bound to lose a few players too!....

But at the same time I can't see us being in any danger of relegation, That is if the club is being run better of course. We must take some free transfers, sell players and buy low just to get mid table.

And Bigi or Thomas going won't happen... Think about it! They either move to a championship club and sit on the bench OR they play regular football in league one and make a name for themselves, leaving us afterwards. League one is the perfect starting ground, this has been proven over and over.

Last edited:

ccfcway

ah, ok, didnt realise our only experience of lower league clubs, the bury match this season didnt mean anything...

skybluearmy88

No point falling out over it lads. This time next year we will no a) which players we have kept hold of. B) how good those players are in league 1. C) which end of the table we can compete at. D) which players we have bought in and who are manager and owners are.

LloydyCCFC

If we play like we have this season (performance wise) we will go up. FACT. Problem is if we don't go bacck up within 2 years i can see us getting stuck, as we did in this league.

Gaz

If we play like we have this season (performance wise) we will go up. FACT. Problem is if we don't go bacck up within 2 years i can see us getting stuck, as we did in this league.

I agree
And that is a worry that if we don't come straight back up ( if we go down ) that we will just settle in league 1

what school did u go to? if we play like we have this season we will go up? erm, dont think 5 wins all season will do that, neither wil conceeding 41 goals and scoring only 26, some people are as cluless as our manager

Grendel

I think your getting a bit confused. We will be league one in England next year not the isle of wight league1. How can you say fact when we have the worst away record in England! Leeds didn't get back up straight away how will we ?

Grendel

what school did u go to? if we play like we have this season we will go up? erm, dont think 5 wins all season will do that, neither wil conceeding 41 goals and scoring only 26, some people are as cluless as our manager

He probably is our manager.

ajsccfc

I imagine threads like this were being made 11 years ago too.

LloydyCCFC's (obvious) point is that playing as we have this season performance-wise (against Championship teams) would reap far greater reward next season (against League One teams).

Whether you agree or not is one thing, but don't insult him because you didn't understand the point being made.

Glen

I remember ken delusional aying wages in league one were about £2k per week so nearly everyone here would leave and we end up like Plymouth TRUST ME

I remember when they said we would do well in the Championship and look what happend. That was the year we came down with a half decent team.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::eek::eek::eek:

ccfcway

dream on, i've seen a fair few BSQ matches this season, and we just dont have the fight for that !

Users who are viewing this thread