Ostigard (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Best centre half we've had since Scott Dann.

One of the best since relegation from the prem.

Can anyone remember him losing an ariel battle all season?

If we can sign him end of the season then thats a statement
Turner was better. But defensively he’s sound - other end of the pitch his directional heading is atrocious, never seen someone win so many headers and miss so many free chances

Jamesimus

Definitely think he'd suit playing in the middle more where there is less demand on his footballing ability. Defensively he's been a rock and I feel like he's gone up a level in the last few games.

This. I never want to see him be allowed to cross the ball ever again. Osti, just tackle and header anything that comes near you.

Skybluefaz

Best centre half we've had since Scott Dann.

One of the best since relegation from the prem.

Can anyone remember him losing an ariel battle all season?

If we can sign him end of the season then thats a statement
He's no Rod Mcdonald, Nathan Clarke, Andy Webster, Aaron Martin. Thank God.

Great raw materials, sometimes rash in decision making, sometimes lacks quality on the ball.

Seems much more comfortable in the middle of 3 or in a 2 CB set up though and those issues are less noticeable when this is the case.

Would be a great free signing.

Magwitch

He’s an out and out old fashioned centre half keep Rose one side and recruit a left sided for the other our defence will compare with any in our division. Think this is his first full season in first team football too so should get better with experience. Is he out of contract at the end of the season so a free agent or do Brighton have an option ?

cc84cov

He’s an out and out old fashioned centre half keep Rose one side and recruit a left sided for the other our defence will compare with any in our division. Think this is his first full season in first team football too so should get better with experience. Is he out of contract at the end of the season so a free agent or do Brighton have an option ?
First season in first team football ? He was on loan in Germany all last season lol

the rumpo kid

He's no Rod Mcdonald, Nathan Clarke, Andy Webster, Aaron Martin. Thank God.

Great raw materials, sometimes rash in decision making, sometimes lacks quality on the ball.

Seems much more comfortable in the middle of 3 or in a 2 CB set up though and those issues are less noticeable when this is the case.

Would be a great free signing.
Omg you mentioned Satan himself , dare I say the unholy words Andy Webster, that send the cold shiver of hopelessness through my body .

Sky Blue Harry H

If we are chasing a game, or having to go long, I would be tempted to bring on e.g. Rose, to replace him at the back and let him go and play as a target man. He wins the majority of headers; just needs to be coached not to give away needless fouls, as his aerial ability and presence will create havoc in the opponents area.

SBAndy

Brighton have a 1-year option. Wasn’t reported anywhere prior but he said so in his interview with The Athletic.

Magwitch

Brighton have a 1-year option. Wasn’t reported anywhere prior but he said so in his interview with The Athletic.
If that’s the case doubt we will get him unless we loan him again can’t see us paying out for him. Not too worried there will be others

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

He’d be a perfect long term replacement for Fadz in the middle of the three. If we could replace Hyam on the left then have him and Rose battling for the RCB role I’d be happy going into next season.

Evo1883

Has a good career ahead of him, is better than Jack Stephens was at City and Jack was 2/3 years older I think when he was here, look where he is now

edgy

Turner was better. But defensively he’s sound - other end of the pitch his directional heading is atrocious, never seen someone win so many headers and miss so many free chances

That's hugely unfair. The majority of his attacking headers are blocked on the line. Would love to see a compilation, if someone is really bored.

In my eyes he's been really unlucky infront of goal.

skyblueinBaku

That's hugely unfair. The majority of his attacking headers are blocked on the line. Would love to see a compilation, if someone is really bored.

In my eyes he's been really unlucky infront of goal.
To be fair, plenty of his headed chances have gone wide or over the bar.

Frostie

Østigård’s attacking stats, for discussion

View attachment 18874

I looked at that earlier when we were talking about his chances. He's a CB so not overly surprising that he's not achieving his xG but definitely should have scored by now. Of course he practically did vs Rotherham but was given as an own goal.

One thing that really stands out though is the sheer amount of shots he has had. That's averaging 1 per game & 28 have them have come from set pieces (unsurprisingly). Still think it shows we should definitely be doing more from them especially when we have a weapon like him who wins so many headers.

shmmeee

I looked at that earlier when we were talking about his chances. He's a CB so not overly surprising that he's not achieving his xG but definitely should have scored by now. Of course he practically did vs Rotherham but was given as an own goal.

One thing that really stands out though is the sheer amount of shots he has had. That's averaging 1 per game & 28 have them have come from set pieces (unsurprisingly). Still think it shows we should definitely be doing more from them especially when we have a weapon like him who wins so many headers.

I don’t think it’s too bad. Just under 50% on target and 50% of them blocked.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

My concern is that whilst I accept he’s a centre half, if our tactic relies on set pieces to his head I’d expect him to be competent at that.

a lot of those 17 off target shots are ones he’s got control of and just spooned

Users who are viewing this thread