Oscar P gets 5 years! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Wow! you can really buy justice these days!!!:mad:

Otis

Yep. Misleading OP title.

Oscar P gets 8-10 months.

Am now thinking of moving to South Africa just so I can kill my wife.

Nick

Administrator
He will be looked after no doubt. Money will talk.

He should really be beaten with his own legs.

mds

Surprised me, i expected him to either be made an example of or walk, it seems its kind of the middle ground.
Celebrity, fame, money it all talks no matter where you live.

Sick Boy

My uncle is married to a South African. The last 2 times they've been there they've been robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight. It sounds like a horrendous place.

wingy

The whole trial was a stage managed Sham..

That he didn't have to commit to prison while on Remand .

The 3-4 week Holiday break ,right after the Prosecution case was completed ,then the 6 week delay while the mental assessment was done .

I can't Imagine this Is a typical outcome for a case such as this over there .

Covstu

a black fella who killed his wife over there got about 200 years. He wasn't their poster boy however and not rich so didn't really get the same treatment...

ccfc92

My uncle is married to a South African. The last 2 times they've been there they've been robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight. It sounds like a horrendous place.

Unfortunately, it's a beautiful country, with very bad/corrupt police/locals.

I work with a South African, and he raves about the place, but he grew up with serious money there, so I guess he has a different spin on things there...

mds

Be interesting to see the outcome of the diwani (spelling) case.

Last edited:

mds

Timeline of the Dewani case
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-13226067
One of the murderers got life the other 25yrs ?? I know its a totally different scenario, premeditated and all, but life & 25yrs v 5yrs and early release for taking a life.

That country is so fucked up, then again we are catching them on the fucked up scale!

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

I was watching the conclusion and the judge's retelling of the story made me wonder about something, she said that Pistorius and wife were sleeping in bed together and that he woke as he heard the sound of something like a window opening. Then he went and got his gun from near the bed.

Is she missing half the story or something? Because surely any sensible person would assume that it was his wife making noise, as she isn't right next to him in bed where they went to sleep. In which case the first thing you would do is call out to her to make sure it was her before panicking and shooting intruders. Right?

ccfc92

I was watching the conclusion and the judge's retelling of the story made me wonder about something, she said that Pistorius and wife were sleeping in bed together and that he woke as he heard the sound of something like a window opening. Then he went and got his gun from near the bed.

Is she missing half the story or something? Because surely any sensible person would assume that it was his wife making noise, as she isn't right next to him in bed where they went to sleep. In which case the first thing you would do is call out to her to make sure it was her before panicking and shooting intruders. Right?

Completely agree.

He apparently slept on the side away from where he would have gone to investigate. So would have known she wasn't in the bed.

It's all a massive mess up. He killed her in cold blood. You don't hear a noise, see your partner not in bed, and assume its intruders.

Macca

Completely agree.

He apparently slept on the side away from where he would have gone to investigate. So would have known she wasn't in the bed.

It's all a massive mess up. He killed her in cold blood. You don't hear a noise, see your partner not in bed, and assume its intruders.

Fortunately for him he was born white and became famous

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea I think most sensible people picked up on this straight away, I think his defence was it was too dark to see she was missing from the bed so he assumed she was still in the bed or some rubbish like that.

Users who are viewing this thread