Or are fans the solution? (1 Viewer)

wingy

Or that the council do the right thing even if not to sisu and let any potentialnew owner have the ground so that we actually have a chance.

What would be better than every ST holder automatically enrolled into the Trust and then the ground being Gifted to that Group ,anyone have a more secure place to keep a ground with a Club.

rob9872

What would be better than every ST holder automatically enrolled into the Trust and then the ground being Gifted to that Group ,anyone have a more secure place to keep a ground with a Club.

Best idea I've heard. St holders as THE trust is a fantastic idea. No charge to club they keep all revenue streams and built in condition that it can never be sold. Top bombing wingman.

Steve.B50

Rob9872
I ask again, what's your suggestion to our problem then?

You moan and belittle everything so what can you come up with?

rob9872

No heirarchy(sp?) No board seat no squabbles no profit nor profiteering from owning us. imagine nobody could argue with that.

MichaelCCFC

Michael, inactive trust member here, what attempts have been made to get some recognisable faces and serious cash on board? I'd have though the likes of Gould, Hall, Whelan who have all expressed a love of the club, would be easy pickings. Followed by a few local businessmen who could provide tent pole investment should a takeover be needed.

Giving people a face they know would also help membership I'd imagine.

I'd also suggest less of a focus on who is right or wrong in press dealings and more on the idea of fan ownership. Give people details, its a plan a lot will get begin if they see straightforward answers to the kind of concerns raised on this thread.

You guys are doing a great job, Just wanted to drop in a few points I've noticed.

Cheers, shmmeee. All good points. The acl-sisu pr machines have successfully divided fans into being pro/anti sisu/acl. Steering an independent line has been a challenge but trust has avoided getting dragged into supporting either acl or sisu and are strengthened by members' view to stick to that position. Getting local business people/faces involved is part of the vision but a lot of people seem already to have connections of different sorts with the club. Another thing we learned from pompey trust today was that by sticking to their core aims and ideas, businessmen who liked what they said ended up coming to them and were people who were genuine fans, had not been invovled with the club before and in most cases haven't even wanted to be on the new club board.

rob9872

I think its fairly clear I have a problem with your trust. As far as I can see you attempt to speak for us but have achieved nothing. When you're worth a serious position you have my backing but I don't see it. I have felt like this ever since jans involvement. Nothing against him personally as I don't know him but his childlike antics on here when his first powertrip failed and then his attemot to think he was worthy of a board seat andvarselicking if sisu who you are all nw against tells me its not for me.

A solution? Wingys seems pretty decent to me and I imagine with no feesand inoe strams back lots of peole could make that model work andwhether its sisu or some hopefully diferent I'm sure there would be no shortag of takers.

MichaelCCFC

I think its fairly clear I have a problem with your trust. As far as I can see you attempt to speak for us but have achieved nothing. When you're worth a serious position you have my backing but I don't see it. I have felt like this ever since jans involvement. Nothing against him personally as I don't know him but his childlike antics on here when his first powertrip failed and then his attemot to think he was worthy of a board seat andvarselicking if sisu who you are all nw against tells me its not for me.

A solution? Wingys seems pretty decent to me and I imagine with no feesand inoe strams back lots of peole could make that model work andwhether its sisu or some hopefully diferent I'm sure there would be no shortag of takers.

Good point to end on. I've just seen today's goals and our defending was every bit as bad as it looked live - I'm off to bed but our inability to get a defensive challenge in is more likely to lead to nightmares than sweet dreams

LarryGrayson

None the wiser I'm afraid. Certainly not on current trust board.

if your none the wiser wot chat did you have with the old trust before settin this won up

hutch1972

Back home after worst away trip in a long time - complete mess on and off the pitch, and I'm too old to be holding back (literally) one city fan from lamping another. Only bright spot was a pre match meet with Pompey Trust. They are within touching distance of ownership of their club, with Pompey Trust having 50-60% share and co-investors the rest. I always believed that in the end acl-sisu would come to an agreement because a successful ccfc is in everyone's interests. But maybe that was never going to happen and certainly isn't now. The Pompey trust have worked on the basis of some pretty straight forward ideas eg they were owned by supposedly successful businessmen and look what a mess they created; who is to say any new big investor will be any different so work with local ones who buy into the idea of a supporter led ownership model; and a sustainable long-term business plan is more important than promises of short term success based on unsound finance. Given the events of the last 48 hours at CCFC, is this the real way forward for us?

But the pompey trust have some very rich local people on board ,i'm sure if anybody local to us with any interest would already be members, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.
If the pst are successful then fair play to them but they were dealing with a stadium that they value at 2 mill and a club brand that at this moment is worth nothing, we however would face sisu, ccc and the Higgs 2 of which will not budge. Monies involved in this could be in excess of 90 mill.
SBT should be applauded for their efforts but face an altogether huge task.

cashless

problem is, if the trust got any actual power - ie a seat on the board, you would get 5000 people all thinking they could do a better job rather than the cabal who started it. soon would become a right mess.

italiahorse

Back home after worst away trip in a long time - complete mess on and off the pitch, and I'm too old to be holding back (literally) one city fan from lamping another. Only bright spot was a pre match meet with Pompey Trust. They are within touching distance of ownership of their club, with Pompey Trust having 50-60% share and co-investors the rest. I always believed that in the end acl-sisu would come to an agreement because a successful ccfc is in everyone's interests. But maybe that was never going to happen and certainly isn't now. The Pompey trust have worked on the basis of some pretty straight forward ideas eg they were owned by supposedly successful businessmen and look what a mess they created; who is to say any new big investor will be any different so work with local ones who buy into the idea of a supporter led ownership model; and a sustainable long-term business plan is more important than promises of short term success based on unsound finance. Given the events of the last 48 hours at CCFC, is this the real way forward for us?

Unfortunately if I had to choose between SISU, ACL, The Council and the SB Trust I would choose SISU.
As these are the only options at the moment then SISU it is.
Hoping for someone to take us over after placing the club into administration is not an option I would want and potentially liquidating.

If someone could enlighten me to the fact that someone is interested, rumours and newspaper stories do not count, I will change my mind.
As I am just a nobody I don't expect anyone to tell me.

italiahorse

problem is, if the trust got any actual power - ie a seat on the board, you would get 5000 people all thinking they could do a better job rather than the cabal who started it. soon would become a right mess.

And every move the Trust made would be ripped apart by its members differing views.
A faceless business relationship is always best with the occasional Chief Executive sacrificial lamb.
SISU it is then...........

italiahorse

But the pompey trust have some very rich local people on board ,i'm sure if anybody local to us with any interest would already be members, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.
If the pst are successful then fair play to them but they were dealing with a stadium that they value at 2 mill and a club brand that at this moment is worth nothing, we however would face sisu, ccc and the Higgs 2 of which will not budge. Monies involved in this could be in excess of 90 mill.

Why would I put any big money in just to be torn apart because it was not enough.
I'll leave it in my Cypriot bank where I know its safe.

wingy

Those people have paid /Pledged as they know thier club was in mortal danger ,our fans perceptions hav'nt got to that level of realism until this week .The Trust have been banging on about his Scenario we're in all season and before ,the reality is no- one has listened , preferring to bury their heads in the sand and snipe with total cynisism from the sidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread