Optimism well and truly evaporated (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

Was really excited for the start of the season, kept our 3 best players, got a solid result on the opening day was really looking forward to hopefully hitting the ground running today in front of a good crowd

Now looks like we aren’t going to be able to play at home all month, could possibly have to forfeit the cup (we were never going to win it, but it doesn’t make it any less embarrassing) and god knows what ramifications lie ahead financially and from the league etc.

Could only happen to us couldn’t it, we’ve worked hard to only just get a lot of fans back and this shambles isn’t going to do the club any favours with them

It’s such a shame because MR and the team deserve so much better than this

Bugsy

Was really excited for the start of the season, kept our 3 best players, got a solid result on the opening day was really looking forward to hopefully hitting the ground running today in front of a good crowd

Now looks like we aren’t going to be able to play at home all month, could possibly have to forfeit the cup (we were never going to win it, but it doesn’t make it any less embarrassing) and god knows what ramifications lie ahead financially and from the league etc.

Could only happen to us couldn’t it, we’ve worked hard to only just get a lot of fans back and this shambles isn’t going to do the club any favours with them

Would of been a great day to play football today, sun shining sky blue army out in force pretty sure we would have got the 3points aswell and the atmosphere would have be electric today, such a shame...PUSB

Brylowes

My sentiments exactly, really worried for what lie ahead now, 5 of us were supposed to be travelling up from the east coast today ‘all full of hope and optimism for the new season, god only knows what will happen now.
Mark Robins will surely be gone sooner rather than later, who could blame him, he owes us nothing.

alexccfc99

My sentiments exactly, really worried for what lie ahead now, 5 of us were supposed to be travelling up from the east coast today ‘all full of hope and optimism for the new season, god only knows what will happen now.
Mark Robins will surely be gone sooner rather than later, who could blame him, he owes us nothing.

Robins has stuck with us through worse in fairness, he’s not immortal and he’s not going to be here forever but incidents like this and other examples of his hard work and professionalism not being reciprocated from bodies above his head are only going to make his patience wear thin and potentially fast track his departure

pipkin73

I'm deffo a Cov fan. Been looking at doing up my jeep to sell it (pay off my debts and leave enough to buy a cheap run around), but i need to save enough to tart it up first,
This was the first month i had spare money to start saving, (as been busy (ish) but on Friday i drove it on our version of the motorway, and guess what, the cooling system went from good to oh shit in seconds (stupid hot out here though), so now i'm looking to repair it before i can tart it up to sell it, repairs on an old jeep are never cheap ;(

Done up it's worth 11-18k, in a to-do up condition about 6-8k, with the engine fucked (let's hope a cheap reapir) then god know but nothing like i need. Wish i was asleep that hour.

First time in about 2 years i've made a good (ish) profit and now all gone, well i hope not, i will get a quote to repair it in the next few days.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I think there's some massive over reactions to this weekend. It's annoying and frustrating in equal measure and losing Callum for a long period of time is crap.

But we've still kept him, Gyo and Hamer (for now). Additions like Panzo look great, MR is still our manager, we got a decent point away at the SoL which is a tough place to go and there's still 45 games to go.

No one knows what's happening with our finances (really) - it's all conjecture as no one knows any conversations going on.

Chill out...we've played one game and will play another 45...maybe more away early doors than we would hope.

They way some are going on you'd think the Arena had been blown up, no-one else will us use their pitch so we're going to get demoted to L2.

The situation isn't ideal but we need to keep perspective.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm deffo a Cov fan. Been looking at doing up my jeep to sell it (pay off my debts and leave enough to buy a cheap run around), but i need to save enough to tart it up first,
This was the first month i had spare money to start saving, (as been busy (ish) but on Friday i drove it on our version of the motorway, and guess what, the cooling system went from good to oh shit in seconds (stupid hot out here though), so now i'm looking to repair it before i can tart it up to sell it, repairs on an old jeep are never cheap ;(

Done up it's worth 11-18k, in a to-do up condition about 6-8k, with the engine fucked (let's hope a cheap reapir) then god know but nothing like i need. Wish i was asleep that hour.

First time in about 2 years i've made a good (ish) profit and now all gone, well i hope not, i will get a quote to repair it in the next few days.

@pipkin73

I've read this twice now, and am trying to work out whether this an analogy about CCFC's situation, or you meant to post this in a response to another thread discussing Top Gear exploits, how to make a million, or some such? I often get baffled on this forum, but this one is near the top !!!

letsallsingtogether

I think there's some massive over reactions to this weekend. It's annoying and frustrating in equal measure and losing Callum for a long period of time is crap.

But we've still kept him, Gyo and Hamer (for now). Additions like Panzo look great, MR is still our manager, we got a decent point away at the SoL which is a tough place to go and there's still 45 games to go.

No one knows what's happening with our finances (really) - it's all conjecture as no one knows any conversations going on.

Chill out...we've played one game and will play another 45...maybe more away early doors than we would hope.

They way some are going on you'd think the Arena had been blown up, no-one else will us use their pitch so we're going to get demoted to L2.

Great post.

torchomatic

Spot on, Wee.

alexccfc99

I’m usually optimistic mate, only takes a trawl through my previous posts to see that I was confident we’d keep a hold of Gyökeres, COH and Hamer over the summer

I just can’t see us playing at home in ages, Backlog of fixtures in an already hectic season could screw us, a lack of depth in the squad was our undoing last season

Macca

It’s very obvious how playing all of our early games away could be detrimental given the fine margins in this league.
if it’s just yesterday the fair enough people are overreacting, from a football point of view at least

Skyblueweeman

I’m usually optimistic mate, only takes a trawl through my previous posts to see that I was confident we’d keep a hold of Gyökeres, COH and Hamer over the summer

I just can’t see us playing at home in ages, Backlog of fixtures in an already hectic season could screw us, a lack of depth in the squad was our undoing last season

We're not going to have a backlog. We might just have more home fixtures in the 2nd half of the season than we expected.

And our squad isn't weaker? We've kept the big 3 (as it stands), got rid of deadwood and brought in the likes of Panzo and Palmer.

We're going to be fine. There'll be bumps along the way, things to get irate at but no need for all this negativity after one game mate. Its not healthy for you.

Skyblueweeman

It’s very obvious how playing all of our early games away could be detrimental given the fine margins in this league.
if it’s just yesterday the fair enough people are overreacting, from a football point of view at least

We might play 3 or 4 away (we might not). We've already taken a decent point away against a good Sunderland side.

Conversely, alot of our later games will be at home if we have a few away early doors. That could work into our advantage.

Truth is, no one knows. But let's get worked up about thinks we know about, not about things we have no idea if they'll happen or not.

Tommo1993

I’d certainly rather this happen now than mid/late season, hampering any real momentum we could have.

Ultimately rather it to have been addressed and dealt with in a timely manner in the first place. Wasps bear the real weight of the fault. But EFL and CCFC should really have taken some initiative weeks ago.

I’m disappointed because I know we would’ve swept Rotherham aside yesterday.

Last edited:

djr8369

@pipkin73

I've read this twice now, and am trying to work out whether this an analogy about CCFC's situation, or you meant to post this in a response to another thread discussing Top Gear exploits, how to make a million, or some such? I often get baffled on this forum, but this one is near the top !!!
I think pipkin is saying they share the same luck of the club?

pipkin73

@pipkin73

Sorry it was the wrong place to put it, late night and all of that lol. Just well pissed off after everything the last few years, start getting back on my feet and this happens on the day someone makes me a offer for it. Turned it down and now in the shit again.

Guess it is similar to Cov with the O'Hare situation. Cov (i) need money, turn it down as we think we can/should get more. Once sold pays off our debts (well mine/ CCFC some) and then just as it could happen my jeep breaks down (O'Hare get's injured).

Like i said, i'm deffo a Cov fan with that luck lol

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry it was the wrong place to put it, late night and all of that lol. Just well pissed off after everything the last few years, start getting back on my feet and this happens on the day someone makes me a offer for it. Turned it down and now in the shit again.

Guess it is similar to Cov with the O'Hare situation. Cov (i) need money, turn it down as we think we can/should get more. Once sold pays off our debts (well mine/ CCFC some) and then just as it could happen my jeep breaks down (O'Hare get's injured).

Like i said, i'm deffo a Cov fan with that luck lol

Sorry to hear about that @pipkin73
Hope things continue on an upward curve if you have been getting yourself back on your feet, and hopefully this was just a bump in the road (pun half intended)
Look after yourself, and stay positive. PUSB!

NortonSkyBlue

I’d certainly rather this happen now than mid/late season, hampering any real momentum we could have.

Ultimately rather it to have been addressed and dealt with in a timely manner in the first place. Wasps bear the real weight of the fault. But EFL and CCFC should really have taken some initiative weeks ago.

I’m disappointed because I know we would’ve swept Rotherham aside yesterday.
You don’t know we would have swept Rotherham aside like we were going to beat Sunderland last week on the basis that they finished 5th in league one.

Brylowes

I think pipkin is saying they share the same luck of the club?
Nout to do with luck, if you neglect your Jeep and continually refuse to invest in vital repairs, it will eventually break down :unsure: Same applies to a football pitch it would seem.

Paxman II

We will be fine, it's one game and maybe a silly cup game. The season is long and full of twist and turns. We started well and there is no reason to not beleive that will contiue to the next game with hungry players chomping at the bit. Relax.

alexccfc99

We will be fine, it's one game and maybe a silly cup game. The season is long and full of twist and turns. We started well and there is no reason to not beleive that will contiue to the next game with hungry players chomping at the bit. Relax.

I don’t personally see how we are in the CBS before Middlesbrough at home on October 1st myself

Tommo1993

I’d expect to read this if we’d just lost convincingly to Rotherham. Not flapping about for a way to fulfil fixtures.

SAJ

I see pessimism is alive and well again this season.

Briles

It's almost like some people wait for the shit to hit the fan then revel in it. It's a minor blip is all. 4 games in nobody will be talking about it. Unless we lose 😒

Users who are viewing this thread