Open Letter To Coventry Council (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Following has been sent to all media outlets and is/will be on all relevant websites

Dear Councillors

Coventry City FC and the Fans as represented by the SBT, CCLSC, SCG and CCFC
Former Player Association are coming together to express our joint concerns
about the change of ownership at the Ricoh Arena. The Football Club, its
manager, playing and coaching staff and our fans are united in our genuine
concerns. We request that no final decision is taken to proceed with the
transaction at the City Council meeting this afternoon. We ask that a formal
consultation process be carried out between the Council and our
organisations, in which as much non-commercially sensitive information as
possible can be shared with us, so that we can each form a view on the
proposals and then set out our views. The Council will then be able to
proceed to a final decision with the benefit of knowledge of the impact the
decision will have upon each of us. If a final decision is taken before
then, the Council runs the risk of causing unforeseen, adverse consequences
for some or all of us.

Due to a lack of information and consultation we do not know yet whether
this deal will have a negative or positive effect either in the short or
long term and we cannot comment on any possible deal between Coventry City
Council and Wasps RFC. The council has the power to choose its own
commercial partners. However, we are all deeply concerned that Coventry City Council have
not sought the views of Coventry City FC, the manager, the players or the
coaching staff. They have not sought the views of the club’s owners Sisu
Capital. They have not sought the views of the fans’ representative
organisations such as the Sky Blues Trust, Coventry City London Supporters
Club and Supporters Consultative Group or the Former Player Association.
And, we understand, they have not sought the views of Coventry Rugby Club.
All of whom are stakeholders in the future of sport in this great city.

We are not demanding a no vote, we are simply asking that councillors slow
down the indecent haste which it appears this deal is being forced through
and allow each of us time to consult with both the City Council and Wasps
before any irreversible decision is taken. We ask councillors to take into
account the wishes of the city’s two major sporting entities and their
supporters and delay any decision until this consultation process is
completed. We are neither supporting nor decrying any deal but we need to
know more about its potential impact and ask councillors grant us this
breathing space.

In summary, we have been left in the dark about what has been going on. We
would prefer to be part of any decision, fully informed and actively
involved in plans affecting us all. Both sporting clubs and their supporters
have been through many ups and downs over the past decade and it is in the
gift of the City’s councillors to put them at the heart of any decision
making process and not simply to view them as collateral damage.

Monners

Well put, but I suspect it is too late - unless the rebel Labour Cllrs (if true) do indeed cause a delay.

quinn1971

Well put, but I suspect it is too late - unless the rebel Labour Cllrs (if true) do indeed cause a delay.

Why are the club bothered what happens to the Ricoh, wer'e only there for another 2 maybe 4 years, I think acl are entitled to do what they want with it, club weren't so quick to listen to us about moving to Northampton, now all of a sudden they want everybody's help stopping the wasps bid, ?

Otis

Why are the club bothered what happens to the Ricoh, wer'e only there for another 2 maybe 4 years, I think acl are entitled to do what they want with it, club weren't so quick to listen to us about moving to Northampton, now all of a sudden they want everybody's help stopping the wasps bid, ?

But we need to move away from the they did this, they did that scenario. Surely now, today, should be just what is the best thing we can do for Coventry City FC.

pusbccfc

Fisher united with the fans...

Covstu

Yeah bastards, serves em right......

Oh right, we may not have a club as a result but at least we told them SISU bastards...

Well worded and it is great to see unity between the club and the supporters on this but fear it is too late in the day. Club should have voiced their concerns as soon as the rumours around Wasps coming surfaced about 2 weeks ago.

quinn1971

Yeah bastards, serves em right......

Oh right, we may not have a club as a result but at least we told them SISU bastards...

Let me guess , you think selling the Ricoh to sisu would be a better idea, don't you think there's a reason why sisu don't want it to happen, it backs them into a corner, the corner with the bullshit new ground in it, what if the wasps offer is what's best for the club, or to look at it another way, acl out of the way may give sisu a chance to get the Ricoh after all,maybe saying wasps are only doing this deal to make a few quid, I'm sure for the right price they'd be open to offers from anyone?

spider_ricoh

Guess what, CCFC are not in any position at all (contractually and, more pertinently, morally) to expect that its views on the financial health / ownership situation of the Ricoh/ACL are considered - CCFC went all otu to distress ACL, so it's "pot - kettle - black" to raise concerns like this now. As tenants who ripped up their own secure lease in a doomed bid to financially distress ACL, CCFC are entitled to no special consideration whatsoever.

Skyblueweeman

Guess what, CCFC are not in any position at all (contractually and, more pertinently, morally) to expect that its views on the financial health / ownership situation of the Ricoh/ACL are considered - CCFC went all otu to distress ACL, so it's "pot - kettle - black" to raise concerns like this now. As tenants who ripped up their own secure lease in a doomed bid to financially distress ACL, CCFC are entitled to no special consideration whatsoever.

Are you not a fan of our football club?

Covstu

Let me guess , you think selling the Ricoh to sisu would be a better idea, don't you think there's a reason why sisu don't want it to happen, it backs them into a corner, the corner with the bullshit new ground in it, what if the wasps offer is what's best for the club, or to look at it another way, acl out of the way may give sisu a chance to get the Ricoh after all,maybe saying wasps are only doing this deal to make a few quid, I'm sure for the right price they'd be open to offers from anyone?

maybe your right, time will tell i guess.

RoboCCFC90

Hurrah! What a letter! Listen to the community Coventry Council!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

I don't understand why Tim has wrote this letter???

I thought his new stadium plans were looking good? Why care about The Ricoh??

I'll edit just so you know i'm taking the piss.

RoboCCFC90

I don't understand why Tim has wrote this letter???

I thought his new stadium plans were looking good? Why care about The Ricoh??

CCFC want clarity as well, will this deal affect the Clubs short term deal at the Ricoh, X, Y and Z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBchimp

Oh do shut up Timothy
At best you are a bad tenant who never paid his rent and now you want to be consulted on who the owner of the property sells on to. You lost all rights many many months ago. Go and build your new stadium it really does look magnificent. It's all you ever wanted after all.
At least now - finally - the Ricoh chip has been removed from sisu's poker game. Time to fold me thinks?

Sick Boy

Oh do shut up Timothy
At best you are a bad tenant who never paid his rent and now you want to be consulted on who the owner of the property sells on to. You lost all rights many many months ago. Go and build your new stadium it really does look magnificent. It's all you ever wanted after all.
At least now - finally - the Ricoh chip has been removed from sisu's poker game. Time to fold me thinks?

Why would a fan of ccfc write this? Do you really want the club to fold?

covmark

Oh do shut up Timothy

Fucking hell. I really can't believe some of the tripe I'm reading on this forum today.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh do shut up Timothy

Yea then you can do one and go watch Coventry Wasps at the Ricoh or whatever they are calling themselves.

ccfcway

"Both sporting clubs and their supporters have been through many ups and downs over the past decade and it is in the
gift of the City’s councillors to put them at the heart of any decision making process and not simply to view them as collateral damage."

The letter is right, however, sadly, I think the fans are being used again. We werent considered when they moved to Northampton, but now they want to consider us !

ashbyjan

Did the club right that letter?

It seems SISU are actually being the voice of reason for once

Letter was written jointly by Sky Blue Trust and CCFC and has been supported by CCFC Former Players Association, London Supporters Club, SCG and Diamond Club. Coventry Rugby club have agreed with its content and sentiment but decided to produce their own statement today.

James Smith

It's just a shame that it has to come to this to get everyone united about something concerning our club.

richnrg

.."In summary, we have been left in the dark about what has been going on. We would prefer to be part of any decision, fully informed and actively involved in plans affecting us all. ""

oh, and by the way, we're still taking you to court

Users who are viewing this thread