One of the biggest games in recent years (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Brighton Sky Blue

When I watch the game on Sunday I’m going give Barnsley a standing ovation for 90 minutes in my living room. It’s an honour to be able to witness them.

When the Lord tried to create Barnsley, he was turned back by the high press.

cov donkey kick

I agree that a point would be a decent result, but it worries me that if MR feels the same way, then he’ll go one up top, set up defensively, which hasn’t proved to be successful. If we go two up top, we can press more effectively and stop the other team from playing. I would also go Gyokeres with Walker, as that offers more physicality, and both have shown that if they get a chance, they can take it. I don’t think this is a game for Godden, just don’t think he’s ready for this kind of battle.
I think physical sums up Rotherham. the home game max was effective so putting Victor up front with walker would help having a lump up front to take the battle to them as it's about us not concentrating on them as it will be a rough nite on the players phisically we will need mcfadz,Kelly,hamer,james.to sweet themselves on this game and putting body on the lines.

I haven't been this anxious about a City match for years. Even the key games in League 2, League 1 and our Wembley visits. With the return to playing in Coventry, the players we have (and those we could easily sign for next season), the national focus on Coventry next year, plus continuing to show our Hedge Fund owners that the Club is a 'good investment' (let alone making it more atrtractive to other potential owners) - staying up this season is vital.
I hope for a battling performance, no (or few) silly unforced errors, a decent referee and our passing game to overcome their muscled approach.
I should be watching the game in a pub (or better still to be there), but a few bottles of ale and Sky on my PC in a darkened room (so i don't scare the family with my shouting), is all I can manage tonight.
PUSB - like you've never 'played-up' before !

Brighton Sky Blue

I think physical sums up Rotherham. the home game max was effective so putting Victor up front with walker would help having a lump up front to take the battle to them as it's about us not concentrating on them as it will be a rough nite on the players phisically we will need mcfadz,Kelly,hamer,james.to sweet themselves on this game and putting body on the lines.

They didn’t look a brilliant side but they were clinical in taking all the gifts QPR handed them. That said we don’t play that high a line so any errors will come from playing out from the back excessively

cov donkey kick

They didn’t look a brilliant side but they were clinical in taking all the gifts QPR handed them. That said we don’t play that high a line so any errors will come from playing out from the back excessively
We shouldn't they will pick those balls off.more industrial vary it so get them guessing and also kick it long and when they are expecting to press with short ball out it doesn't happen and gives more space up the field to play our football in there half as they are suspect in defence.

Brighton Sky Blue

We shouldn't they will pick those balls off.more industrial vary it so get them guessing and also kick it long and when they are expecting to press with short ball out it doesn't happen and gives more space up the field to play our football in there half as they are suspect in defence.

We picked them off well enough before by playing more direct at the right moments. Better to get the ball up the pitch than lose it on the edge of the box. Would be nice if we went more than a minute without conceding mind you.

Liquid Gold

You faced Brentford the game after we’d run them ragged for 95 minutes, we’re the toughest team in the league to face physically, we’ll not give you a minutes rest, if you’re slightly feeling fatigued after Thursday you’ll be bang in trouble, we’re relentless at the best of times, after a good rest we’re even worse.
so tough
so relentless
so handsome
so full of shit

Users who are viewing this thread