One for the teachers (1 Viewer)

kg82

Been made aware of this article in the Sun by Rod Liddle.

I’d like to get opinions from teachers! The article makes my blood boil. Another sycophant with too much time on his hands. Personally, I think he should go through the year of teacher training I did and then the NQT year, during a pandemic, just to help him with his pile of crap opinion.

skybluetony176

I’d like to get opinions from teachers! The article makes my blood boil. Another sycophant with too much time on his hands. Personally, I think he should go through the year of teacher training I did and then the NQT year, during a pandemic, just to help him with his pile of crap opinion.
It’s Rod Liddle. Don’t even have to read it to know it’s bollocks.

wingy

Let's face it middle class parents will have pulled their kids early this week , it's a no brainer to them ,is he trying to mask the lack of leadership to sanction this rather than guilt trip parent's who take that route , it's bollicks but deflection maybe.

kg82

The man is a c**t. That’s been obvious to nearly everyone for a long time.

Doesn’t stop the insidious little twat bad mouthing our profession and his sheeple will lap it up no end.
That’s my problem with it. It’s going to encourage more abuse from outside of schools, no doubt.

skybluesam66

Teaching has had its issues but which group haven’t. Many have lost their livelihood and homes. We need perspective.

wingy

Political football ,has been for sometime now .
Initiative after initiative .
Profession that hasn't been truly respected for eons.

Skybluefaz

In alignment with others, I don't need to click the link to know the shtick of the article. The blokes a c**t. My wife has been working flat out to the point of almost collapse. She massively needs a break but is on call until Xmas eve because of Covid related shite. It's a right wing media easy target to take the eyes and attention of the Brexit shitshow. Teachers and Unions are go to targets, along with foreigners and cyclists.

NorthernWisdom

In alignment with others, I don't need to click the link to know the shtick of the article. The blokes a c**t. My wife has been working flat out to the point of almost collapse. She massively needs a break but is on call until Xmas eve because of Covid related shite. It's a right wing media easy target to take the eyes and attention of the Brexit shitshow. Teachers and Unions are go to targets, along with foreigners and cyclists.
Disgusting isn't it.

Apart from cyclists, they're fair game.

Brighton Sky Blue

My mental health has been turned into a wreck pretty much solely because of the workload implications of COVID. He may have a point about those who have received no online lessons, but teachers were told with little notice or warning that they would suddenly have to deliver an online curriculum.

Speaking personally I pre recorded every lesson with interactive stuff in it, videos to watch of experiments etc. Along that a lot of my time was spent chasing those who didn’t do the work or didn’t show up to lessons. Most nights spent until the early hours either on lesson prep or chasing students for work. My other half had it even worse, she got ‘observed’ remotely delivering lessons. Since September we have been teaching in random rooms from the confines of a box. I do a practical subject, but can’t really do experiments unless I pack them into a box to demonstrate in a random room. Again it’s having to rewrite the curriculum on the fly while the kids and higher ups expect everything as normal. Oh and of course now if any student is away for any reason I am expected to simultaneously teach them and those in front of me at school.

Rod Liddle is a weapons grade c**t who wouldn’t know an honest day’s work if someone gave him a full day of lessons and meetings after school.

kg82

My mental health has been turned into a wreck pretty much solely because of the workload implications of COVID. He may have a point about those who have received no online lessons, but teachers were told with little notice or warning that they would suddenly have to deliver an online curriculum.

Speaking personally I pre recorded every lesson with interactive stuff in it, videos to watch of experiments etc. Along that a lot of my time was spent chasing those who didn’t do the work or didn’t show up to lessons. Most nights spent until the early hours either on lesson prep or chasing students for work. My other half had it even worse, she got ‘observed’ remotely delivering lessons. Since September we have been teaching in random rooms from the confines of a box. I do a practical subject, but can’t really do experiments unless I pack them into a box to demonstrate in a random room. Again it’s having to rewrite the curriculum on the fly while the kids and higher ups expect everything as normal. Oh and of course now if any student is away for any reason I am expected to simultaneously teach them and those in front of me at school.

Rod Liddle is a weapons grade c**t who wouldn’t know an honest day’s work if someone gave him a full day of lessons and meetings after school.
I feel your pain. Ironically, I took a free module in journalism when I was at uni... easiest thing I did. You’re looking at the most average, C grade student here. Got an A without breaking a sweat. So he should probably wind his neck in!

Edit: just to clarify, I’m not belittling journalism as a whole, just Rod Liddle and those alike

Ian1779

Rod Liddle wouldn’t make it to break time... he’d have walked out a quibbling, dribbling mess by then.

clint van damme

Rod Liddle said he'd never be a teacher because he'd try to shag the kids. A fucking wrong un who should be on a register.
Millwall c**t as well so probably a racist as well as a sex case.

kg82

Rod Liddle said he'd never be a teacher because he'd try to shag the kids. A fucking wrong un who should be on a register.
Millwall c**t as well so probably a racist as well as a sex case.
Well, now this kind of makes more sense.

Think I’ll just let him talk himself into a hole, doesn’t look like we need to do anything!

Ian1779

Well, now this kind of makes more sense.

Think I’ll just let him talk himself into a hole, doesn’t look like we need to do anything!
What is just as worrying is the editor that looked at his pieces and then let them through.

Brighton Sky Blue

Users who are viewing this thread