On this day (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I've watched so many big games recently where it appears, (I appreciate Tele doesn't always capture the true picture), that the fans aren't going anywhere near as mental as we went that night it was fucking nuts.
Next day was mad as well, all out on the piss and buzzin'

olderskyblue

Got the cup final on, you could easily mistake it for the charity shield.

From the little I’ve seen, looks like a pre season warm up..

DannyThomas_1981

Been going since 92 and it’s probably my favourite memory of a Ccfc game

I’m in 100% agreement with all of the comments on here. The best match for me as a City supporter since the 70s. The unity between the fans and the team was very special.

Wembley is fantastic but you also get the glory hunters and occasionals - at County you got the true supporters.

The highlights do not show the sustained pressure we were under prior to Max’s second goal. That goal was so important. A sensational night.

TTG

But the atmosphere at wembley... And them goals too

Johnnythespider

It was great, but not as good as 14,000 at Hillsborough in the quarter final, or 20,000+ in the semi in 87, sorry but there are levels.

Irish Sky Blue

My two football supporting sons (I have another two who aren’t interested) had really known only disappointment and failure all their City supporting life. (Okay, there was the Checkatrade final, but even this came in perhaps the worst ever league season we have ever played). I was so pleased to be there with them on that night and to see the effect that this event had on them. It was electrifying from start to finish. Our performance was breathtaking and for once, just for once we didn’t cock things up. Then there was the reaction of the team and the fans at the end. The whole evening was just magical. In over 50 years of watching the club it has to be in the top 5 games I have seen us playI think. It really shows the power that football has to create moments and memories like this.

Esoterica

McNulty's hold up play for the 2nd goal is better than anything we've seen from our strikers all this season. First touch wasn't the best but he got his body in between the man and the ball, stayed strong for the challenge and then laid off an accurate square pass before getting himself into the box.

Liquid Gold

McNulty's hold up play for the 2nd goal is better than anything we've seen from our strikers all this season. First touch wasn't the best but he got his body in between the man and the ball, stayed strong for the challenge and then laid off an accurate square pass before getting himself into the box.
McNulty was a machine by the end of last season. Did everything right all game, kept running and had obvious quality. I can’t believe how poor he was at Reading and that he’s tailed off at Hibs too.

clint van damme

McNulty was a machine by the end of last season. Did everything right all game, kept running and had obvious quality. I can’t believe how poor he was at Reading and that he’s tailed off at Hibs too.

scored a nice goal for Hibs yesterday.

JimmyHillsbeard

He also wasn’t fit and advised not to play at Notts County. It was a towering performance

Users who are viewing this thread