On the March (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

What a great result last night, okay of course a win would have been better but not to lose well acceptable to me. After stuffing top of the table Gillingham Saturday TM makes 3 changes without a bother gets a result, Bigirimana out field m-o-m. which rammed the words down a few throats on here and even with a hiccup Saturday (won't happen) we go into a fortnight break to re-boot our batteries in the automatic slots and come back with a hopefully fully fit Joe Cole and a fit again James Maddison ready for the xmas run in with fixtures we couldn't have hand picked any better, not saying we will win them all but will our rivals better what we do, I somehow doubt it. Yes after years of nothing I believe this time we are really on the march.

skybluelee

Echo those sentiments entirely. Enjoying every moment. I simply cannot see the season petering out with Mowbray at the helm. Even if we lose some of the loans he has the contacts and profile to replace them.

Onwards and upwards.

covmark

How unlucky has arma been last 2 games? How great will it be when they announce his loan extension to May
I really hope you're right. Was watching soccer special on sky last night and the panel spoke about us for about 10 minutes. Tony Cottee said he'd be amazed if Newcastle didn't recall him. The rest of what they said was extremely complimentary about us and Mowbray.

Sky Blue Pete

Was he watching our game? I think the last few games where he has struggled to make an impact is the reason why they mustn't recall him.

shmmeee

Still not getting excited until January. When I know the squad until May, then I'll start getting excited. We are well lined up for Christmas period though.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

On paper from now til the possible game v Walsall on 09/01, our fixtures are quite favourable to continue this unbeaten run.

Sheff U looks the toughest but they are very hit and miss.

(But for no real reason I've got a funny feeling about Saturday's game......)

rupert_bear

Understand "funny feelings" part of being a Sky Blue but I suspect Doncaster have funnier feelings about Saturday

wingy

On paper from now til the possible game v Walsall on 09/01, our fixtures are quite favourable to continue this unbeaten run.

Sheff U looks the toughest but they are very hit and miss.

(But for no real reason I've got a funny feeling about Saturday's game......)

Just hope SU don't Jettison Adkins prior to the game

rupert_bear

Think there's a chance Adkins will be sacked by then to bring a newby in for the transfer window doesn't help with Sheff.Wednesday doing okay either

Moff

I really hope you're right. Was watching soccer special on sky last night and the panel spoke about us for about 10 minutes. Tony Cottee said he'd be amazed if Newcastle didn't recall him. The rest of what they said was extremely complimentary about us and Mowbray.

Its nice to see people being so complimentary about us, as the football we are playing is great. It also makes a chnage to see what happens on the pitch being the primary focus, and long may that continue.

Re Armstrong, I dont think he is ready for the Premier League, and as much as I think McLaren isnt a great manager, he is a good coach. I think he realises the best place for Armstrong to learn is trade is with us, as pitching him straight into a relegation fight, against top class defenders may be hard for him and drop his confidence, whilst staying with us for the season he could return to them in top form brimming with confidence.................at least I hope this is what happens!

Otis

This talk of 'On the March' always conjures up in my mind 'March to the Arch.'

Have to say this is the first season I can ever remember where I have not wanted us to get to Wembley. Wembley now would mean play-offs and it surely now has to be the automatic places we are truly gunning for.

Other seasons there has been the JPT and obviously the thought we could make the play-offs. This is the first season where automatic promotion has looked a distinct possibility.

The thought of Wembley now almost feels like failure.

rupert_bear

This team reminds me so much of our third division champions way back in 1964 free flowing,pace, power, good on the eye, goals galore. Word of warning though think we were 11 points clear at the top (2 points not 3 for a win in those days) and the wheels really came off and we got up by the skin of our teeth last match of the season

Users who are viewing this thread