On BBC Midlands Today this evening....... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apparently the Specials are releasing a new album, "Encore" today. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day. I was a good mate of John "Brad" Bradbury, the drummer, who sadly passed away not long ago. I'll get the album for old times sake but it won't feel the same, I'm sure. What does everyone else think? Any other Specials fans here?

clint van damme

Apparently the Specials are releasing a new album, "Encore" today. I was a big fan of theirs back in the day. I was a good mate of John "Brad" Bradbury, the drummer, who sadly passed away not long ago. I'll get the album for old times sake but it won't feel the same, I'm sure. What does everyone else think? Any other Specials fans here?

not heard any of the new stuff H, sure I'll get round to it at some point. Reviews I've seen so far are mixed.

vow

BBC CWR radio played an hours worth of new and old Specials tunes tonight after the Footy phone in, fookin brill and the new stuff is v good too!

block16

The new single is great haven’t heard rest of the album yet. Vote for me think it’s called

Houchens Head

Now got the album and have just listened to the whole of it. My rating? Bloody brilliant! (But then, I'm a bit biased!) Really enjoyed it!

Houchens Head

That got a wow from me, because I went to school with him and literally had no idea at all.

We weren't the same year, but still, he did well to keep that quiet

Sounds horrendous.
I'm not surprised he kept it quiet, Otis. I was brought up in care from the age of two until I left school at 15. In all those years only two other people outside the various homes knew of my upbringing and they were my two best mates in school. I asked them never to tell a soul and they never did. It was through no fault of my own that I was incarcerated into local care, but the stigma was horrible, so I fully understand and back Terry Hall all the way.

David O'Day

Not really the specials anymore just Terry Lynval and Horace npw

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Not really the specials anymore just Terry Lynval and Horace npw

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Isn't that the same with nearly all 'come-back' bands these days? Half are either dead or gone off to do their own thing.

Mcbean

Terrys voice is very unique and if he is writing the approach should be similar - heard some parts on the radio - like the laid back ska stuff - Not Coventry but the UB40 first album is very relaxing

Otis

I'm not surprised he kept it quiet, Otis. I was brought up in care from the age of two until I left school at 15. In all those years only two other people outside the various homes knew of my upbringing and they were my two best mates in school. I asked them never to tell a soul and they never did. It was through no fault of my own that I was incarcerated into local care, but the stigma was horrible, so I fully understand and back Terry Hall all the way.
Yeah, but didn't even hear about him being missing or off from school.

Houchens Head

Yeah, but didn't even hear about him being missing or off from school.
And that's the worrying part, Otis. His absence went unnoticed by everyone. If his peers (teachers etc) had noticed, then maybe something might have been said or done. Very sad.

Captain Dart

bringbackrattles

Terry Hall looked bored and pissed off when him and two other members of the The Specials were interviewed yesterday at Coventry cathedral. To be honest all of them seemed disinterested. My mate reckons their new album is a bit naff ? But they're from Cov, so they can do what they like !

ccfctommy

Terry Hall looked bored and pissed off when him and two other members of the The Specials were interviewed yesterday at Coventry cathedral. To be honest all of them seemed disinterested. My mate reckons their new album is a bit naff ? But they're from Cov, so they can do what they like !

Listened to quite a bit of it on Spotify and liked what I've heard. It's not gunna be as good as the original stuff but that was done years ago

bringbackrattles

Listened to quite a bit of it on Spotify and liked what I've heard. It's not gunna be as good as the original stuff but that was done years ago
I only like them as they put Cov in the limelight years ago. Not my music really, but I'm off in June to see Lynryd Skynyrd and Status Quo, and who knows what they're going to sound like now !

Houchens Head

Number 1 in the album charts already!

Users who are viewing this thread