Olympic Torch in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody go to see the torch at memorial park?

Marty

completely forgot, I wanted too. Was it any good?

jabharty

Yeah, I went. Lovely weather for it as well, and saw it by the burnt post. Saw whats his face from the council making jokes about the football team on the main stage, saying he's gonna tell Andy Thorn to sign some guy up. Good luck, mate! :facepalm:

Covstu

It was really good albeit a little heavy on the corporate advertising! The Coventry song was funny at the end, mentioning all of the good places in cov including the batch bar!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yeah, I went. Lovely weather for it as well, and saw it by the burnt post. Saw whats his face from the council making jokes about the football team on the main stage, saying he's gonna tell Andy Thorn to sign some guy up. Good luck, mate! :facepalm:

That comment was because Kanu was carrying the torch. Not sure how that came about as he wasn't on the listing to carry it in Cov. Only one who came close to celebrity status tho!

I thought the whole afternoon was very impressive. Great arrangement, great atmosphere. As a City we should be proud!

Tad

It's was fun. Specially the fit girls on the Samsung bus! Come on, you know I'm right. You all saw them :)

ajsccfc

Just caught it at Gosford Park. got an unobstructed shot right by the road away from the crowds that got us free Cokes as well as accusations of lurking in the bushes, which is not the kind of thing you want said when hanging round a park full of young kids at 7am.

IMG_0189.jpg

CTID

It's was fun. Specially the fit girls on the Samsung bus! Come on, you know I'm right. You all saw them :)

I did not see this!! Where was the big sign saying "Fit Girls Over Here!!" haha.

Good day out with my kids, they really enjoyed it even if i was bored to tears. Still impressed by the organisation, i think Cov did really well. Mutton didnt quite get boo'd but there was an obvious rumble of disappointment when his name was mentioned, even my 5yo son said "doesnt anybody like him?" haha

Last edited:

Tad

Welcome to Coventry. Home of the crazy cat bin lady, Browns bar and the fine development of crooks.

Tad

Those kids were more the 'cheeky scamp' end of the scale than hardened criminals.

I know what your saying but they shouldn't be let off. This is watched around the world by a lot of people. Many people have had strong reasons for trying to take the torch (Political usually) but for us it was just theft. It's just embarrassing.

ajsccfc

Give them whatever punishment is due for whatever the offence is sure, but the way it was reported I was expecting some teenagers trying to wrestle the torch away from someone, rather than the two kids touching it before being easily led away.

Tad

Plenty you could charge them with. Not saying they should mind. Just saying they should get punished in some way.

Tad

Not being argumentative but like what?

Attempted theft
Public Disorder
Stupidity - okay I made that last one up :)

Like I said, I wouldn't because it will be hanging over them in the future, unless of course there already known to the police, they need some sort of punishment though.

I'd go with 'a stern telling to' to be honest.

Bingo! By the police AND there parents - wonder where they are in all this..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread