Oliver Norwood to come on loan (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

From Manure. Just said on CWR, another source, Northern Irish...
_46123724_norwood282.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MatthewWallis

Let me guess

"I've liked him for a long time, he is one of my top targets"

Kids will get us no where, I don't care what anyone else says

kg82

Tonight's result means nothing. It's gutting but not many, if any, expected anything from that game. We have to pick ourselves up and prepare for Saturday and NOT write anyone off before they get here with petulant comments.

@richh87

Tonight's result means nothing. It's gutting but not many, if any, expected anything from that game. We have to pick ourselves up and prepare for Saturday and NOT write anyone off before they get here with petulant, chldish comments.

Ok, you're right. Just can't believe it's another kid on the cheap. We need experience to survive but SISU won't pay for it.

ccfcway

Tonight's result means nothing. It's gutting but not many, if any, expected anything from that game. We have to pick ourselves up and prepare for Saturday and NOT write anyone off before they get here with petulant comments.

Dont agree, at 1-0up, it was MASSIVE

usskyblue

Agree 100%

Nonleagueherewecome

Prob a useless idea we need a team of superstars to keep us up now and a new manager

No doubt the thorn love children will disagree

You make like the pro-Thorn minority is dominating, whereas the plethora of low-brow posts on here tonight is indicative of the opposite being the case. Where were all these people after the last 3 home games?

kg82

Rich, I didn't say it wasn't on the cheap, I said don't write him off before he's kicked a ball. Difference.

And ccfcway, you're thinking about during the game. Yes, it would have been a huge result and taken off a lot of pressure. But I was saying BEFORE the game nobody expected anything. So from that perspective it is not the be all and end all, that one result doesn't mean we're down. The bi-polar reaction of our fans from game to game is staggering. I felt sick after that result, but I'm not going to start spouting off how "we're doomed now" after that one result. It's just childish.

@richh87

Rich, I didn't say it wn't on the chea, I said don't write him off before he's kicked a ball. Difference.

And ccfcway, you're thinking about during the game. Yes, it would have been a huge result and taken off a lot of pressure. But I was saying, BEFORE the game nobody expected anything. So from that perspective it is not the be all and end all, that one result doesn't mean we're down. The bi-polar reaction of our fans from game to game is staggering. I felt sick after that result, but I'm not going to start spouting off how "we're doomed now" after that one result. It's just childish.

Yeah I know mate - removed the comment. Not his fault - just wish it was someone like Keith Andrews.

superskyblue

What happens if shock horror a youngster from Manchester United is a good player and can actually improve the side regardless of age? Frazier Campbell on loan to Hull being one example, Stephen Warnock came here from Liverpool, was a kid, did the business. Some people on here like nothing more than effin moaning.. try and see the positives, get behind the team and you never know they might actually do it for us.

MatthewWallis

What happens if shock horror a youngster from Manchester United is a good player and can actually improve the side regardless of age? Frazier Campbell on loan to Hull being one example, Stephen Warnock came here from Liverpool, was a kid, did the business. Some people on here like nothing more than effin moaning.. try and see the positives, get behind the team and you never know they might actually do it for us.

They won't do it for us.

ccfcway

oh, just on Norwood, its not been confirmed and...

Tom Ross @thegoalzone
Andy Thorn says unlikely for any business to happen before 11pm but hopeful of doing something in emergency loan window in the next week

This chap has been pretty spot on with everything that has happened in this window

Lord_Nampil

yet on CWR he said something was happening but didnt no the outcome of it, the interviews couldnt have been that far appart ???

The Reverend Skyblue

I am so fucked off again, I hate how CCFC do this too me, can i let go ? I love my late father who drove me around the country when i should have been in school,which he wrote the worst ever excuses why i was absent, but for his memory i will never let go.

Have we any hope for the future ? Obviuosly i don't know, but I pray we have, look at Stoke.

Can someone try and justify why we all do it, How do the fans of say Northampton carry on when they are the worst team in the league, Why can't i let Go ?

I pin my hopes, that one day we will come out of this fog of negativity, and prosper and go forward, and one day reach the premier land, so at last we can see the skyblues where they should belong.

But i do not want, ever to live beyond our means?, A big NO, we can live within our budget if we invest in the youth and nuture them into believing that there future is with us, and we become a club that represents the comunity of Coventry, thats proud of it's club.

The Rev

StevieM

Found this on one of the ManUre forums:

MANCHESTER UNITED'S 'NEW BECKHAM' OLIVER NORWOOD HAILED AS A GENIUS | News Of The World

By Mark Stevenson, 23/11/2009

OLIVER NORWOOD could find himself fast-tracked into Northern Ireland's bid to reach the Euro 2012 finals.
The Burnley-born teenager, who turned his back on England, is ticking all the right boxes as far as boss Nigel Worthington is concerned.

"The lad is a genius," said Worthington after watching the Manchester United midfielder score two stunning set-piece goals for the Under-21s against Germany and Czech Republic.

"He is going to be a very good player," predicts Worthington. "What he can do with the ball from free-kicks is remarkable."

The expectation levels are already rising for a player who qualifies for the Irish through his parentage.

Hailed as the new David Beckham at United, the 18-year-old made his England Under-16 debut against Belgium four years ago but now looks certain to be featuring in Worthington's future plans.

Worthy added: "From the day I first worked with him, you could see his technique and ability were excellent.

"In fact, his quality at free-kick situations is amazing for his age.

"You always know that eight or nine times out of ten, he is going to score when he places the ball for a free.

"It is a great talent to have on top of his impressive general play."

Norwood's eye-catching displays in the United Academy have elevated him into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reserve side, but he isn't letting success go to his head.

"I just want to keep playing to the best of my ability," said Norwood. "I've been involved with United since I was seven so I have been lucky."

His free-kick prowess has inevitably drawn comparisons with Beckham and Norwood admits he has taken a leaf out of the former England skipper's book.

"I spend hours practising. I love the challenge of beating the keeper."

Worthington, who has now opened talks on a new contract with Irish FA president Raymond Kennedy, is encouraged by the progress of several players in the U-21 ranks.

He says: "The future is full of positives as far as I am concerned."

what planet are u on,result dont mean anything? i would say tonights final 3 minutes has put us out of our misery and all but relegated us, forest and donny are shocking and yet we are below them both, league 1 hello

kg82

what planet are u on,result dont mean anything? i would say tonights final 3 minutes has put us out of our misery and all but relegated us, forest and donny are shocking and yet we are below them both, league 1 hello

I'm on planet earth thanks. How (on earth) has tonights result consigned us to relegation? Are we relegated, is there an "R" next to our name in the league table? Nope, I don't see one. If you read my post properly you'll see that I've put nobody EXPECTED anything from last nights result - that's BEFORE the game's even started. So before coming on and trying to mock my opinion, read what I've put first, properly.

Users who are viewing this thread