Old watering holes (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

I used the Vauxhall Tavern, along with hundreds of others back in the 80's, some times we would go in the "Brewer" happy days.
Where did the older generation amongst enjoy a beer before the game ?

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The Market Tavern in town in the early 70's. I could go in there skint and come out pissed! The group of regular lads had hearts of gold! (and usually a pocket-full of knuckle dusters!!)

WestEndAgro

The Market Tavern in town in the early 70's. I could go in there skint and come out pissed! The group of regular lads had hearts of gold! (and usually a pocket-full of knuckle dusters!!)

Yes, remember it well, that was a "rough old place"

skablue

I have fond memories of the Vauxhall, the smell of canabis lingering in the air, the sticky carpet, good jukebox and crusty rolls.

kdrinkell

The Vauxhall Tavern was the scene of a few altercations,I remember about sixty strong of us city fans marching to Gulson road to look for Villa....we never found them (thankfully) also after being beat by manure we had a few afterwards in there,the old bill stormed the place and threw us out.
Binley Oak was ok and the Mercers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have fond memories of the Vauxhall, the smell of canabis lingering in the air, the sticky carpet, good jukebox and crusty rolls.

The crusty bog rolls were because they re-used them.

Users who are viewing this thread