Old Pop Stars to play in Coventry,who did you see (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

Anyone get tickets for some Channel 4 show that was being filmed at the Transport Museum hosted by that lanky Welsh twat? The Pigeon Detectives played and someone else who I can't for the life of me remember.

Saying that I can't remember the name of the show or who they interviewed inside either. :thinking about:
Indie outfit Athlete, Pigeon Detectives and One Republic were among the acts performing at the city centre venue on episode of Channel 4's music show Transmission.

A select crowd of Coventry music fans, who successfully applied for tickets to the filming online some weeks before, gathered underneath the landmark Whittle Arches, as the Pigeon Detectives kicked off proceedings at about 7.30pm.

After the show's presenter Steve Jones completed some links to the camera in front of the lively crowd the action moved inside for more performances.

Athlete played on one of the three stages put up inside the museum and were followed by Simian Mobile Disco Simian Mobile Disco are an English production and remix team. Formed from the ashes of Simian in 2005 they are comprised of members James Ford and James Anthony Shaw. History and American band One Republic, whose hit single Apologize was remixed on Timbaland's latest album.

RedSalmon

Thin Lizzy at Cov Theatre twice. First time was about 1977 and they had a band called Clover as support. They were Shite!!!!! Had Huey Lewis as their front man I think.
Second time was about 1079 I reckon.

Joe Jackson at Cov Theatre about 1978. Excellent night.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1982. Support act was Paul Young and the Royal Family. Superb night, although Tom looked stoned out of his head!!

UB40 at Cov Theatre 1984.

deanocity3

Disorganised1

Saw one of Queens first gigs at the Cov Theatre very ably supported by a group called Hustler (if memory serves me well), gotta be early 70's.

I'd forgotten that one - I was sat right at the front and got trampled when Freddie Mercury came on stage !

Disorganised1

Disorganised1

Thin Lizzy at Cov Theatre twice. First time was about 1977 and they had a band called Clover as support. They were Shite!!!!! Had Huey Lewis as their front man I think.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1982. Support act was Paul Young and the Royal Family. Superb night, although Tom looked stoned out of his head!!

Was that the night someone climbed on the stage, then as the bouncers approached he just dropped off backwards into the crowd ~ and everyone moved out the way ?

torchomatic

I saw The Specials, Human League a couple of times (original line-up and on the Dare tour), I think that was the last time I went to Theatre One. Ah, remember the Poster Place?

torchomatic

I saw Thin Lizzy at the Birmingham Odeon in 1980 on the Black Rose tour. I was only 14. My brother was a big fan and his mate pulled out. He wasn't happy taking me, but my Mom insisted. I touched Gary Moore's foot. It's been downhill since then.

RedSalmon

That sounds right, it would have been the Black Rose tour the second time I saw them.

Am sure the first time in 1977 they recorded the video for 'Don't Believe a Word' at Cov Theatre.

torchomatic

Ah, nice one Deano.

torchomatic

I've never been a metal fan but I've always kept my fondness for Lizzy. Love Don't Believe A Word, didn't realise they recorded the video in Cov. There were some great singles in the late 70s, Waiting For An Alibi, Do Anything You Wanna Do and Killer On The Loose. Wonderful stuff.

That sounds right, it would have been the Black Rose tour the second time I saw them.

Am sure the first time in 1977 they recorded the video for 'Don't Believe a Word' at Cov Theatre.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
never got to see Lizzy and have always regretted it, one of my favourite bands. Some great songs and some of the softer tracks like "sarah" or "the sun goes down are just as good as the harder rock like "Emerald"

Saw the Dublin concert in tribute to Lynott on TV the other week ..... magic :) . Great pity he is isnt still around

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
saw the Stranglers at the Cov theatre thought they were awful but it was the day after a particularly good of partying and was struggling to stay awake :D

Also saw Gary Numan there

Then there was Specials, Madness, The Beat and Bad Manners at the Locarno

Hawkwind and Golden Earring at the Lanch - got a feeling I saw Sweet there too

torchomatic

Yeah, I like Sarah too. I remember buying it four times as there were four different covers! "Dancing In The Moonlight" is the pinnacle for me.

never got to see Lizzy and have always regretted it, one of my favourite bands. Some great songs and some of the softer tracks like "sarah" or "the sun goes down are just as good as the harder rock like "Emerald"

Saw the Dublin concert in tribute to Lynott on TV the other week ..... magic :) . Great pity he is isnt still around

Disorganised1

Think someone got on stage when Tom Petty was there but could be mistaken.

Sorry - didn't make myself clear~ yeah that was the one.

wingy

I've never been a metal fan but I've always kept my fondness for Lizzy. Love Don't Believe A Word, didn't realise they recorded the video in Cov. There were some great singles in the late 70s, Waiting For An Alibi, Do Anything You Wanna Do and Killer On The Loose. Wonderful stuff.

Who could give Rosalie a miss, not forgetting another memorable song Titled " Do anything you wanna do" by Eddie and the Hotrods ,Used to have to dive to the player to jack the last ten seconds up to max to hear that fantastic fade out.!!

torchomatic

Tired of doing day jobs with no thanks for what you do?

Who could give Rosalie a miss, not forgetting another memorable song Titled " Do anything you wanna do" by Eddie and the Hotrods ,Used to have to dive to the player to jack the last ten seconds up to max to hear that fantastic fade out.!!

Johnnythespider

Great song, as is " The beginning of the end " by the same band.

Users who are viewing this thread