Old Leamintonians/Wasps (1 Viewer)

Adge

Wasps mustn’t be doing that bad-they have just got planning permission for a new center of excellence at the Old Leamingtonians Rugby club just outside Leamington?

Grendel

Wasps mustn’t be doing that bad-they have just got planning permission for a new center of excellence at the Old Leamingtonians Rugby club just outside Leamington?

They had permission to build a development at the Higgs Centre for £7 million. The drunken drivel site indicates as long as they train on a field all is fine

crowsnest

No they haven't. They have not put the planning application in yet!

Also the broadstreet planning runs out in October 19.

They need to get broadstreet extended or the leamington one buklt quick.

Would be a shame if people put in loads of objections unless they agree to ricoh talks.

fernandopartridge

No they haven't. They have not put the planning application in yet!

Also the broadstreet planning runs out in October 19.

They need to get broadstreet extended or the leamington one buklt quick.

Would be a shame if people put in loads of objections unless they agree to ricoh talks.
Good idea for the Warwick and Leamington supporters club

pastythegreat

They won't put their hands in their pockets for it. It'll be paid for buy investors. Same way they bought the Ricoh and had a new screen fitted. Doesn't mean they're 'doing well'.
Lets not forget they were going to build a new training centre at the higgs too! All of a sudden pulled out though! Why were questions never asked/answered about why?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Thought they'd got a problem as Old Leamingtonians don't own all of it? Something to do with someone else owning the buildings and therefore Wasps can't use it as the security they need as they want to borrow more money to fund the training centre.

pastythegreat

So much for a state of the art new facility that would benefit the people of Coventry. Quickly went from that to being them using an existing facility to not even being in the city.
And left the council footing the £10m bill to build the new Olympic swimming pool

Captain Dart

CT just ran a story suggesting some of Wasps 'stars' contracts are tied to new training facility being built.

Captain Dart

Isn't that old news?
Its in today's story pub. @ 16:53, 10 DEC 2018 and its the first time I heard that line.

chiefdave

Its in today's story pub. @ 16:53, 10 DEC 2018 and its the first time I heard that line.
Its definitely been reported before elsewhere. Something along the lines of the players weren't happy that the facilities they were promised haven't materialised so have clauses in their contracts allowing them to leave if Wasps don't come good on their promises.

pastythegreat

Its definitely been reported before elsewhere. Something along the lines of the players weren't happy that the facilities they were promised haven't materialised so have clauses in their contracts allowing them to leave if Wasps don't come good on their promises.
The Telegraph regurgitating old news stories??? I won't believe it!

Grendel

Most of the players hardly train at the place anyway

pastythegreat

Most of the players hardly train at the place anyway
Shhhh, if their best players want to leave then let them. It's only a ripple in the ocean, but all these ripples will eventually become part of a wave.
Then we can all 'wave' them off as the leave town with their stingers between their legs!

Joy Division

How many of the Wasps players live in the area, did a lot of them move up or are they all commuting from down south?

rob9872

Good idea for the Warwick and Leamington supporters club
Ha - I asked this very same question when I saw the article yesterday. Waiting for them to come back to me, but I suggested that unofficially (as don't get involved in off-field issues) that all local find a reason to object and then tell them that we will all withdraw those objections if and when they start negotiations with CCFC. They may not give a hoot, but it wont cost anything to object but will cost W*sps time and possibly money, to fight them all. Hitting them in the pocket (as they are not as deep as SISU's) might make a small difference for us.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would think that part of the build costs will be paid for by various grants that will be available, particularly as it is a community site

Also if the sale of part of the rugby premiership goes through that will probably give Wasps around £17m. Clubs are being encouraged to spend the windfall on infra-structure

from what i understand most of the players live in the Leamington/Warwick area now

pastythegreat

I would think that part of the build costs will be paid for by various grants that will be available, particularly as it is a community site

Also if the sale of part of the rugby premiership goes through that will probably give Wasps around £17m. Clubs are being encouraged to spend the windfall on infra-structure

from what i understand most of the players live in the Leamington/Warwick area now
Clubs are being encouraged to yes, but will w***s need some of that £17m to repay investors from the Ricoh purchase?!

chiefdave

Also if the sale of part of the rugby premiership goes through that will probably give Wasps around £17m.
This is one of the most mental plans I've ever heard of in any sport. Selling your league to a third party is just asking for trouble. Look how many clubs have huge problems because of the owners they end up with, now imagine if it was the whole league.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle, once they've done it they'll be on a slippery slope until the clubs have zero control.

lordsummerisle

This is one of the most mental plans I've ever heard of in any sport. Selling your league to a third party is just asking for trouble. Look how many clubs have huge problems because of the owners they end up with, now imagine if it was the whole league.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle, once they've done it they'll be on a slippery slope until the clubs have zero control.

It's basically how we ended up with Sisu, we were fucked, and they knew it.

All Rugby Premiership clubs are fucked with the exception of Exeter, selling the family silver to fund day to day operations.

chiefdave

All Rugby Premiership clubs are fucked with the exception of Exeter, selling the family silver to fund day to day operations.
Blows my mind that other sports look at the financial mess in football and decide that is the route to go down.

Premiership rugby can't even say its a historical issue, its a new league and clubs only turned pro a few years back. Every opportunity to set it up sustainably for a secure long term future but they decided against it.

Liquid Gold

Blows my mind that other sports look at the financial mess in football and decide that is the route to go down.

Premiership rugby can't even say its a historical issue, its a new league and clubs only turned pro a few years back. Every opportunity to set it up sustainably for a secure long term future but they decided against it.
They probably see clubs like Bournemouth and Huddersfield making vast sums of money and don't think about clubs like us Pompey etc. that it has totally destroyed.

Nick

Administrator
It makes you wonder if the Wasps fans remember things previous. "This dispels the myths we have no money" type gloating is a bit random, it's as if they genuinely can't remember that Wasps couldn't keep up with the timeframe promised at the Higgs.

Surely they can see it has been put out to try and dispel rumours and players wanting out because of the training ground situation? All it actually says is that they are finishing off a planning application. Even CCFC had some 3D Models of a new stadium drafted up!

You would have thought it would have been easier to say "Nobody is leaving, nobody has those terms in the contract" to dispel them? I bet some of CCFC's staff would love a job their doing PR. "Right, that article is done and they all believe everything. Back to box sets on Netflix".

Users who are viewing this thread