Old CET forum (1 Viewer)

Macca

Anyone remember the member called "baldy". Highly entertaining particularly his drunken rants

rob9872

Vaguely, that was my life before here and LAST before then. Never bothered with the others really and only one at a time, complete monogomy.

BackRoomRummermill

Anyone remember the member called "baldy". Highly entertaining particularly his drunken rants

baldys more than likely here, yes he was hilarious , I never thought him a WUM either.

come out of the closet baldy ! Is it you OTIS off the pop :thinking about::D

Macca

No he was genuine alright. Used to write some classic rants at 3 am on a Saturday morning!

mechaishida

Never used the CT forum, I briefly used the Disqus comment system but the trolling there was just fucking incredible.

I think the same troll is still there, but now, he's only got that Garry Woollaston and IanInFrance to talk at.

Covstu

Was a CET user before shutdown and remember alot of drunken rants on there but Baldy doesnt come to mind!

dutchman

He registered as "Yourworstnightmare" on the Coventry Message Board.

His last message there was to the effect that he wouldn't be able to post any more, no reason was given.

There were some posts here a few months ago by someone of that name but they stopped suddenly.

Please come back Baldy, we all miss you!

skybluedan

Thought lbb was a good laugh as well, along with the Dutchman and sav
there was a lovely guy who passed away as well but can remember his name

skybluedan

1. Sorry can't remember his name , think he was in Canada or America
the Dutchman would know, You still got your website Dutch

Macca

It was a decent forum until a couple of loons came on and repeatedly changed usernames and relentlessly trolled. I recall some bloke telling me he was waiting to sort me out in some pub in Canley. Drove past on my way somewhere else and it was closed. Wish i could remember the usernames. Remember some bloke called Pearljam, never agreed with him but a very eloquent and intelligent poster

Moff

It was a decent forum until a couple of loons came on and repeatedly changed usernames and relentlessly trolled. I recall some bloke telling me he was waiting to sort me out in some pub in Canley. Drove past on my way somewhere else and it was closed. Wish i could remember the usernames. Remember some bloke called Pearljam, never agreed with him but a very eloquent and intelligent poster

Yep there was one particular loon and he was from Canley. Don't know why but the Telegraph made me a community moderator on the site and I had some right ding dongs with that fella. he was the one always alleging he was being bullied, and then said he was going to smash your face in or kill you or words to that effect. When the site eventually closed I spoke To Smithers about that guy and he was a nightmare.

On the plus side I do remember Larry, he was also a community moderator and was a great bloke. I obviously remember you, Grendel under his other guise, Stu, Torchy, LBB, Dutchman Weeman, Backroom, Daytrader and others. I do also remember Baldy, a nightmare when pissed. I always thought he must be related to SkyBluekid;) (joke if you read this SBK). I recall someone posting as Biff who posted loads of messages and then one day just stopped

Johnnythespider

I can remember Fred, think he lived up in Morecambe. There was somebody on here went by that name but not sure if it was the same chap.

Moff

I can remember Fred, think he lived up in Morecambe. There was somebody on here went by that name but not sure if it was the same chap.

Bloody hell I forgot Skybluefred, he was up in Morecombe like you said. He was mates with a poster called Tanktop from Bedworth. I think they both post here occasionally.

hill83

No he was genuine alright. Used to write some classic rants at 3 am on a Saturday morning!

Can't beat a pissed up rant on a forum.

Reading it the next morning though.

8d35830c341c99c280be7c14e168a6f1.500x422x12.gif

Johnnythespider

Bloody hell I forgot Skybluefred, he was up in Morecombe like you said. He was mates with a poster called Tanktop from Bedworth. I think they both post here occasionally.
Oh God yeah, Tanktop always liked his posts.

skyblueinBaku

I remember LBB and Tanktop, also a bloke posting under the name Ivanov.

I still don't understand why the CT didn't come clean about closing the forum; they just said it was going off line temporarily for maintenence.

dutchman

I still don't understand why the CT didn't come clean about closing the forum; they just said it was going off line temporarily for maintenence.

The staff hated it. They only agreed to run it as it was one of the conditions for getting their old jobs back after the takeover of the Telegraph by Trinity-Mirror. They didn't get paid anything for the extra work. As soon as they had an opportunity to ditch the forum they did. Likewise the so-called community pages.

phildownunder

Yes it`s the same one. Have had a couple of chats with him since joining this forum. He posted a while back that his wife is suffering from dementia and he hasn`t posted for quite a while since.

I used to enjoy his banter with Tank Top from B`orth and occasionally joined in.

I remember Pearljammer too. Had a few debates with him. Didn`t always agree with him but he was an intelligent poster and debated courteously.

Also remember Macca and Torchy from back then as two of the better posters (as they are on here).

I had a little thread on the Jimmy Hill era and used to enjoy that old man`s pursuit of reminiscing with the likes of "Daffodil" who sadly doesn`t appear to be on here.

ajsccfc

I used Ivanov on there, RIP to the inspiration behind the name.

It was a decent forum until a couple of loons came on and repeatedly changed usernames and relentlessly trolled. I recall some bloke telling me he was waiting to sort me out in some pub in Canley. Drove past on my way somewhere else and it was closed. Wish i could remember the usernames.

Yep there was one particular loon and he was from Canley. Don't know why but the Telegraph made me a community moderator on the site and I had some right ding dongs with that fella. he was the one always alleging he was being bullied, and then said he was going to smash your face in or kill you or words to that effect. When the site eventually closed I spoke To Smithers about that guy and he was a nightmare.

There was a guy with a constant array of aliases, I only remember 'seeyagunnarsson' or similar being one. Was that him?

Nick

Administrator

He has tried to come on here a few times ;)

He went mental once saying somebody had hacked his office because he had been on here and it was printing loads of stuff etc. Think he had a few issues, a google of him also showed he wasn't quite right!

skybluedan

Yeah see ya Was nuts saying he was in a care home dying and shit with cancer. Then saying he was in the army

skybluedan

Didn't he turn out to be an ex copper who was in the paper for something?
some crime. Nigel?

Users who are viewing this thread