O'Hare going all the way (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Class act premiership bound - only a matter of time into villa's matchday squad - if he doesn't get in next season he will be loaned out to championship and will be playing premiership following season - future international star in the making he's that good

Magwitch

Class act premiership bound - only a matter of time into villa's matchday squad - if he doesn't get in next season he will be loaned out to championship and will be playing premiership following season - future international star in the making he's that good
Isn’t his Villa contract up this season ? Makes him gettable if it is.and you are correct he will be in championship next season WITH US

covboy1987

Isn’t his Villa contract up this season ? Makes him gettable if it is.and you are correct he will be in championship next season WITH US
Villa will offer him a contract otherwise, he can go somewhere for nothing (like Bright - Wolves made sure he had a new contract) best scenario if he doesn't get in the villa squad like you said stays with us in the championship

Winny the Bish

Think we could do worse than giving him a run in Hiwula's position for a game or two. Could be lethal with the chances Jordy gets and would likely link up with the striker better.

covcity4life

As with so many other good loans in the past (armstribg murphy thomas bright) we really need a promotion to get them again for abother year. I think if we make championship then villa will let us have him for 1 morw development year as long as they survive in prem

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think while Villa have Grealish they're happy to have O'Hare getting game time elsewhere.

Gibbo

Plenty more fish in the sea. The big clubs are awash with players who are very good for L.1 level

Sky Blue Harry H

As with so many other good loans in the past (armstribg murphy thomas bright) we really need a promotion to get them again for abother year. I think if we make championship then villa will let us have him for 1 morw development year as long as they survive in prem

You hardly ever hear Armstribg mentioned these days...........

PVA

Think we could do worse than giving him a run in Hiwula's position for a game or two. Could be lethal with the chances Jordy gets and would likely link up with the striker better.

Yeah I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. I think it may happen when Kelly/Walsh are back.

junglej13

There is an article online in something called the Athletic UK from a journalist on Twitter @greggevans40 which features an interview with O'Hare. I can't read the whole article as it requires a subscription but the tweet from the journalist implies there is a January recall option in his loan (which I wasn't aware of). Given he is out of contract in the summer I would suggest this could be highly likely.

SkyBlueDom26

There is an article online in something called the Athletic UK from a journalist on Twitter @greggevans40 which features an interview with O'Hare. I can't read the whole article as it requires a subscription but the tweet from the journalist implies there is a January recall option in his loan (which I wasn't aware of). Given he is out of contract in the summer I would suggest this could be highly likely.
Brilliant he'll be back at villa then in Jan! Great start to the week

no_loyalty

Brilliant he'll be back at villa then in Jan! Great start to the week

I doubt it, they will allow him to continue his development with us for the rest of the season, then offer him a new contract in the summer if they rate him that highly.

fernandopartridge

He doesn't make those runs, ffs he's a midfielder. He wasn't as effective yesterday as part of the front 3.

D

Deleted member 2477

Calm down pal. Are you a villa fan ?

chiefdave

Not much in the article relating to us, Gregg Evans is the Athletics Villa reporter. Only relevant bits are:
Coventry manager Mark Robins is pleased with his contributions so far and Villa head coach Dean Smith continues to receive positive feedback about his displays. Up in the stands and watching his every move is father Brendan and, when he’s smiling, Callum is happy, too.

Robins likes him, too, and believes he has what it takes to continue aiding the attractive new style that has propelled Coventry to within three points of League One’s automatic promotion places. The boss, who signed a new rolling contract at the club this week amid interest from Sunderland, has tried to sign O’Hare in previous transfer windows so he was delighted to finally get his man.

“He’s a clever player, an infectious character and he can score and create,” Robins told The Athletic. “Little tweaks to his game will make him better. He’s running with the ball a bit too much at the moment but he’s capable of lending it and getting it back.

“He’s a really good character, just a great kid. What you see in a game is how he is. That’s his personality. We try to get that over to everybody because some of them aren’t showing their true personalities yet. That takes time, but when it happens, you will start to see us playing at our best.”

There’s a recall option for Villa in January which could be activated either if they feel he is close to competing for a place in the match-day squad, or would be better suited developing elsewhere — possibly a division higher in the Championship.
Wouldn't be too concerned about the recall clause. That's a standard thing and we have the same panic every season over a player going back in January yet they always stay.

Terry Gibson's perm

Needs to be the one breaking from the middle three he is a very talented footballer

SlowerThanPlatt

He doesn’t contribute a lot of goals or assists but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

There is zero chance Villa would swap him for Shipley or Westbrooke for example who have scored and created more

cc84cov

He doesn’t contribute a lot of goals or assists but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

There is zero chance Villa would swap him for Shipley or Westbrooke for example who have contributed more.
I wouldn’t swap him for either of them myself mate the kids a liability when starting

Users who are viewing this thread