Observer (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

BREAKING: Coventry City manager Slade says issues on and off field need fixing at club

This was posted Yesterday day time. From the press conference with more to come later.,
Have I missed the more to come.

I have to say the telegraph has its faults but I did prefer their coverage of press conferences.

Shame our owners take the Donald Trump stance to a bit of truthful criticism. Shame they don't man up face it and change as a result of it.

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

Breaking: Slade says issues need fixing... doesn't name any of said issues.

Remember when Tim Fisher said there was going to be greater transparency? Good times...

trevelfarandwide

Seems Slade has realised how much of a disaster his tenure is, so is now deflecting blame. Naturally, it's SISU's fault, we know that, Russ...however, your ineptitude as a manager, coach and organiser has basically put pay to any chance we stood of staying up.

Just spoke to my mate Steven, who I've known for 23 years, and whom I used to frequently attend games with till I moved away and he's too downright ashamed and angry to use his season ticket anymore; his exact words were "yeah, the club is dead in the water, but I've never seen professional footballers play as awfully as I've seen them play under Slade..."

He used to watch Nuneaton Town back in the day too, so that makes his comments all the more galling.

Grendel

Seems Slade has realised how much of a disaster his tenure is, so is now deflecting blame. Naturally, it's SISU's fault, we know that, Russ...however, your ineptitude as a manager, coach and organiser has basically put pay to any chance we stood of staying up.

Just spoke to my mate Steven, who I've known for 23 years, and whom I used to frequently attend games with till I moved away and he's too downright ashamed and angry to use his season ticket anymore; his exact words were "yeah, the club is dead in the water, but I've never seen professional footballers play as awfully as I've seen them play under Slade..."

He used to watch Nuneaton Town back in the day too, so that makes his comments all the more galling.

Are you going to Wembley?

trevelfarandwide

Are you going to Wembley?
No, I'm not. Would you like to know why? Surprisingly, the answer has nothing to do with footballing politics.

dongonzalos

Just surprised it's took this long to provide updates on a press conference from yesterday.
I assume Slade talking about what things need fixing both on and off the field. Wasn't just that one poxy line in the lead article?
Actually thought for the first time in years Les Reid was going to print something critical about how the club is run even if it's someone else's words

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Just surprised it's took this long to provide updates on a press conference from yesterday.
I assume Slade talking about what things need fixing both on and off the field. Wasn't just that one poxy line in the lead article?
Actually thought for the first time in years Les Reid was going to print something critical about how the club is run even if it's someone else's words
Wasn't there another article after that day about slade?

shmmeee

First time ever, he was a politics reporter until Joy bought him.

Captain Dart

rupert_bear

The Observer ? A totally irrelevant newspaper haven't had one through my door (Longford) for ages, years in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread