Oasis Songs Top A Radio Poll (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

In the paper today it said a poll by music station Radio X (never heard of it) to find out what songs were the best by British artists,and it attracted 50,000 votes,and Oasis got the top 4 places. 1. Wonderwall.2. Don't Look Back In Anger.3.Champagne Supernova. 4. Live Forever. 5.I Am The Resurrection-Stone Roses.6.I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor-Arctic Monkeys.7.Heroes-Bowie.8.Life On Mars-Bowie.9.Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve.10.Gimmie Shelter-The Stones. The Beatles came in at 13 with Hey Jude and at 19 with A Day In The Life. At 20th was Joy Division's classic Love Will Tear Us Apart. What do you reckon then ? It wouldn't be my top ten.

Otis

In the paper today it said a poll by music station Radio X (never heard of it) to find out what songs were the best by British artists,and it attracted 50,000 votes,and Oasis got the top 4 places. 1. Wonderwall.2. Don't Look Back In Anger.3.Champagne Supernova. 4. Live Forever. 5.I Am The Resurrection-Stone Roses.6.I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor-Arctic Monkeys.7.Heroes-Bowie.8.Life On Mars-Bowie.9.Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve.10.Gimmie Shelter-The Stones. The Beatles came in at 13 with Hey Jude and at 19 with A Day In The Life. At 20th was Joy Division's classic Love Will Tear Us Apart. What do you reckon then ? It wouldn't be my top ten.
Don't look back in Anger should fall at least 100 places just for the crappy lyrics alone.

'So Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by.'

torchomatic

Oasis better than Bowie or the Beatles? LOL, etc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Si80

Radio X is the old Xfm. Broadcast in London & Manchester on FM radio or available on DAB / Online, their app is very good. Very much an indie / rock station.

Fairly obvious that the list of tracks in the top 20 come from it's listener age range (mid20's-40's) with the likes of Oasis & Arctic Monkeys scoring highly. A big love in for Bowie too in the voting.

I voted. Travesty that Wonderwall won it. Live Forever is the only one deserving of Top 5 imo.

bringbackrattles

Radio X is the old Xfm. Broadcast in London & Manchester on FM radio or available on DAB / Online, their app is very good. Very much an indie / rock station.

Fairly obvious that the list of tracks in the top 20 come from it's listener age range (mid20's-40's) with the likes of Oasis & Arctic Monkeys scoring highly. A big love in for Bowie too in the voting.

I voted. Travesty that Wonderwall won it. Live Forever is the only one deserving of Top 5 imo.
It says that at 12 is Queens monster track Bohemian Rhapsody.That should be higher surely.what song got your vote ? And not even Stairway To Heaven got in the top 20 !

Malaka

I really like Oasis, especially Masterplan. I don't like Wonderwall or Look Back in Anger. Champagne Supernova, Some Might Say and Live Forever are also quality tunes IMO. I think I admire Bowie and The Beatles rather than like them D'Ya Know What I Mean? (Sorry I couldn't resist that)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Personally I would of had "round our way " by oasis in there at number 6
I think the artic monkeys are well over rated

bringbackrattles

I really like Oasis, especially Masterplan. I don't like Wonderwall or Look Back in Anger. Champagne Supernova, Some Might Say and Live Forever are also quality tunes IMO. I think I admire Bowie and The Beatles rather than like them D'Ya Know What I Mean? (Sorry I couldn't resist that)
I too like Oasis but they're nowhere near the Beatles or the Stones in my opinion. I've watched Oasis and they were a good live act. But to put them in with the two bands I've mentioned,is like comparing Kevin Kyle with Ronaldo or Messi. Do You Know What I Mean !

Malaka

Ok My Top Ten (Well Today Anyway) and it's more difficult than you think and it is constantly changing
1. Children of the Grave: Black Sabbath
2. Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Action: The Sweet
4. Masterplan: Oasis
5. Let it Be: The Beatles
6. Paradise: Coldplay
7. One: Metallica
8. Pretty Vacant: The Sex Pistols
9. Insomnia: Faithless
10: Your Song: Elton John

Si80

I voted the following:
1. I Wanna Be Adored - Stone Roses
2. Slide Away - Oasis
3. Tender - Blur

Slide Away was nearly replaced by Half The World Away (Oasis), and Tender was nearly replaced with Tiny Dancer (Elton John).

Never been a Beatles fan, nor Bowie. But I appreciate that their music has had a huge influence on those tracks that I have picked.

Si80

Ok My Top Ten (Well Today Anyway) and it's more difficult than you think and it is constantly changing
2. Bohemian Rhapsody

You can't have Metallica. It's UK only :p

PS Great choice, it makes my top 10 too.

ccfctommy

2. Bohemian Rhapsody

Metallica are American!

oakey

Music died around the time the elder people in that age bracket, late 20s to early 40s, reached puberty, around 1989.
:guitar2::guitar2:
TBF most things were past their best by then, cinema, literature, art, journalism. It's all generic copying with little originality or creativity now.
:whistle::D

Sick Boy

You can pick up across the sarrrf, it's a decent station to be fair. Good to see Virgin coming back as well.

ccfcway

2. Bohemian Rhapsody

paradise ?

really ?