now we stay in this division (1 Viewer)

blueflint

after the results today we will stay in division one

GaryJones

I agree we will now be staying in this division - I like to think of it as Division 3 though as that's what it is!

rob9872

8 points off play offs, but let's not throw the towel in yet. It seems unlikely with our form, but Saturday that could be two points with Wigan Gillingham and Millwall all up soon. Anything could happen. We dont look good at the minute and haven't been for some time, but there will undoubtedly be twists yet.

st john

How can it be all over yet? there are 24 points still to play for.
I will never give up hope until it's mathematically impossible, and I certainly hope the players don't.
I remember being 8 points from safety with 3 games to play, and we didn't get relegated.

Gazolba

What odds are the bookies offering we will make the play-offs? They are usually pretty accurate.

junglej13

There can't be anyone on here who thinks we will still finish within 10-15 points of the play offs. We are awful at the min and even if we got in the play offs tomorrow any team in this league would beat us over 2 legs. Colchester are 3/1 to beat us tomorrow. Well worth a few pounds.

shy_tall_knight

The season is over in terms of the play-offs whilst I would like TM to experiment with a few of the less experienced players etc.. I'm worried that this downturn in form may be carried into the new season and also I hate Millwall Wigan Sheff Utd and want us to beat them so I'm about as confused as Vincelot's defending.

Gazolba

From Sky BET 18/1 Promotion, 11/2 top six:

CCFC-betting.jpg

CCFC-Promotion-Odds.jpg

Last edited:

covcity4life

today is pivitol. fail to win and i agree its over

but if we win its still 5pts from 6th, 6 from 5th and 7 from 4th.

if you assume we lose vs wigan then its over yes but if we were able to win then we have all the momentum

i wouldnt give up yet........maybe at 10pm today but not yet!

Otis

if you assume we lose vs wigan then its over yes but if we were able to win then we have all the momentum

Knowing the City it could be by 25 past 8! ;)

Captain Dart

And 3 weeks ago we were favourites to win the playoffs.

deluded.., I posted this a few weeks ago .. we had already lost form & were playing like muppets.
Look at the form table, last 10 matches, 22nd out of 24. If we were down near the bottom that would be relegation form
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFDCB9, align: center"][COLOR=black]20 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD] [URL="http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=18"]Gillingham[/URL][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=green] 10 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=blue] 11 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=red] 14 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] -3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [B] 9 [/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #CCFFCC, align: center"] [COLOR=black] 21 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD] [URL="http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=12"]Colchester[/URL][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 6[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=blue] 8 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=red] 22 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] -14[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [B] 6 [/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFDCB9, align: center"] [COLOR=black] 22 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD] [URL="http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=21"]Coventry City[/URL][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 7[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=blue] 11 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=red] 16 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] -5[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [B] 5 [/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFDCB9, align: center"] [COLOR=black] 23 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD] [URL="http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=19"]Peterborough[/URL][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=blue] 6 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=red] 18 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] -12[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [B] 5 [/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFDCB9, align: center"] [COLOR=black] 24 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD] [URL="http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&teamid=23"]Doncaster[/URL][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] 0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=blue] 5 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [COLOR=red] 14 [/COLOR][/TD]
[TD="align: center"] -9[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] [B] 3 [/B][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

st john

deluded.., I posted this a few weeks ago .. we had already lost form & were playing like muppets.

My comment was in response to Gazolba saying the bookies are usually pretty accurate, so I would prefer not to be called deluded if that's what you meant.

st john

Yes, assuming we win tonight, as long as we don't fall any further behind, a win against Bradford and / or Millwall could put us right back in it.
OK our form is currently bad but that does not necessarily have any bearing on upcoming results.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

The season is over in terms of the play-offs whilst I would like TM to experiment with a few of the less experienced players etc.. I'm worried that this downturn in form may be carried into the new season and also I hate Millwall Wigan Sheff Utd and want us to beat them so I'm about as confused as Vincelot's defending.

Good post this. I think you're right in terms of TM (if he's going to be here next season), giving some of the younger players a chance or playing those that are likely to be here next season. If cover allows, drop Cole, Ricketts etc.

Captain Dart

My comment was in response to Gazolba saying the bookies are usually pretty accurate, so I would prefer not to be called deluded if that's what you meant.

It must be the bookies who are deluded then.:confused:

Skyblueweeman

The season isn't anywhere near over. Talk about the losing mentality.

But what is there in the past 4 months FP that gives us anything to believe anything other than a losing mentality? We've won 4 games from the last 20....

Absolutely nothing suggests anything other than a losing mentality.

Nick

Administrator
The season isn't anywhere near over. Talk about the losing mentality.

But then people have been saying it is just a blip, we aren't out of it yet and nothing has changed (if anything has got worse) with our form since we were 2nd and about 10 points clear.

covcity4life

we should have won vs pboro,we had the chances. that wopuld have been 2 wins 1 draw from last 3, coupled with tionight could be 3 wins 1 draw,thats a good run and makes us one of the form teams over last 5 games i bet

but defensive injuries and callups hurt us yet again, we did play well though and if that contonues we will hopefully finish season well

8 games left, i think we will win 4 or 5,wether thats enough or not i do not know

smileycov

Facebook User
There can't be anyone on here who thinks we will still finish within 10-15 points of the play offs. We are awful at the min and even if we got in the play offs tomorrow any team in this league would beat us over 2 legs. Colchester are 3/1 to beat us tomorrow. Well worth a few pounds.

i still believe, i think we will win tonight and then see how the rest of the season goes. i believe our form will turn again. saw enough on Friday to hold onto hope that we can turn it around. I'm a cov fan why wouldn't i have hope?

Users who are viewing this thread