Now we know why Andy Turner isn't a manager (1 Viewer)

Otis

“We all think we know best when it comes to team selections and in this particular instance, I’d probably hand Henderson his first start or certainly chuck him on immediately if City manage to take the lead, even if it’s as early as the fourth minute, as was the case on Tuesday."

Terry Gibson's perm

“We all think we know best when it comes to team selections and in this particular instance, I’d probably hand Henderson his first start or certainly chuck him on immediately if City manage to take the lead, even if it’s as early as the fourth minute, as weas the case on Tuesday."

Fleck would be captain and his assistant manager on a five year contract

eastwoodsdustman

Number one is Johnny Fleck
Number two is Johnny Fleck
Number Three is johnny Fleck
and number four is Johnny Fleck
And number Five is Johnny Fleck
...... You get the Idea.

torchomatic

My past is littered with all my favourite players leaving. Well, until this season when I decided my favourite player was going to be Jack Finch. And Lee Burge.

In defence of Fleck, he's probably my favourite player...and I'm not the only one who thinks that. Just that most people haven't got the courage to say so!

Terry Gibson's perm

In defence of Fleck, he's probably my favourite player...and I'm not the only one who thinks that. Just that most people haven't got the courage to say so!

I am not ashamed to say he is the player I like least in the side but it's lucky we don't all agree on here as it would be pretty boring.

covcity4life

“We all think we know best when it comes to team selections and in this particular instance, I’d probably hand Henderson his first start or certainly chuck him on immediately if City manage to take the lead, even if it’s as early as the fourth minute, as was the case on Tuesday."

LOL what?

silly douche

Samo

You're right. I also think he's your favourite player. :D

bawtryneal

He is probably my favourite player as well but I don't make him man of the match when he has a crap game like at Barnsley and home to Fleetwood.

Otis

Fleck is the player I find the most frustrating. He drives me crazy! One minute he's brilliant, the next you don't even know he's still on the pitch.

My favourite City player this season is Romain Vincelot, then probably Stokes.

standupforcity

Fleck is the player I find the most frustrating. He drives me crazy! One minute he's brilliant, the next you don't even know he's still on the pitch.

Yes Stokes is quality and so is Vincelot...and a whole bunch of others...so what's happened?!! No...let's not go there!!

Otis

Yes Stokes is quality and so is Vincelot...and a whole bunch of others...so what's happened?!! No...let's not go there!!

Well, on this very topic, without going into too much depth ....

Fleck - inconsistent.

Murphy - inconsistent

Maddison - inconsistent

Ricketts - inconsistent

Cole - inconsistent

That's your problem right there!

If you look at the players who ARE consistent, I think it comes down to just three. I believe those to be Stokes, Vincelot and Armstrong. You pretty much get the same effort and application week in, week out.

Martin, you could probably lump in with those three as well, but of course he has been missing for a number of games.

Moff

Fleck - inconsistent.

Murphy - inconsistent

Maddison - inconsistent

Ricketts - inconsistent

Cole - inconsistent

Couldnt agree more Otis. Total inconsistency is completely letting us down.

Samo

Did Fleck have a bad game when we were flying? Was Fleck a great player for 3 months then a shit player for 4 months?
The truth is that when the team is playing well, fans will notice all the good things a player does and quickly forget the misplaced passes. When the team is struggling the opposite is true.

Otis

Did Fleck have a bad game when we were flying? Was Fleck a great player for 3 months then a shit player for 4 months?
The truth is that when the team is playing well, fans will notice all the good things a player does and quickly forget the misplaced passes. When the team is struggling the opposite is true.
Nope, disagree Samo. Even when we have played well, Fleck has disappeared from games as far as I am concerned.

You very rarely get two good halves out of him, winning or not.

Very inconsistent to my mind. I don't think he has been a great player and then a shit one, just a constantly inconsistent one.

Samo

Nope, disagree Samo. Even when we have played well, Fleck has disappeared from games as far as I am concerned.

You very rarely get two good halves out of him, winning or not.

Very inconsistent to my mind. I don't think he has been a great player and then a shit one, just a constantly inconsistent one.

I don't remember hearing any of this before December though Otis.

Otis

I don't remember hearing any of this before December though Otis.
But when we are winning and playing well as a team it's hardly an issue is it!

If we win say 4-1 and it's a great team effort hardly anyone is going to start criticising a player. All the talk is of how brilliant we were.

I like Fleck, but for me after about 65 mins you have to really go and have a look as to where he's hiding.

It's obviously not every game and he has put in some complete performances, it's just that they are quite rare.

Samo

But when we are winning and playing well as a team it's hardly an issue is it!

If we win say 4-1 and it's a great team effort hardly anyone is going to start criticising a player. All the talk is of how brilliant we were.

I like Fleck, but for me after about 65 mins you have to really go and have a look as to where he's hiding.

It's obviously not every game and he has put in some complete performances, it's just that they are quite rare.

No, as long he's not to blame when we're not, you can't have it both ways.
Having said that, for one reason and another (long story) I've not been to many games this season so I bow to your superior knowledge of his performance Otis.

Otis

No, as long he's not to blame when we're not, you can't have it both ways.
Having said that, for one reason and another (long story) I've not been to many games this season so I bow to your superior knowledge of his performance Otis.
Not saying he's to blame. Just that he is not consistent enough and along with a few others, such as Murphy and Maddison, it's part of the reason we are where we now are.

I wouldn't single out Fleck. He just annoys me because he has undoubted skill. We just rarely see a complete performance from him.

Have seen 'complete' performances from the likes of Vincelot and Stokes and Martin and Armstrong, but you would be expecting to get more of them from Fleck than we're getting as well.

Astute

We're consistently inconsistent.

I have to disagree.

We are very consistent. We have been very consistent at being in the bottom half of the table for over 40 years. We have consistently had relegation battles. This season we looked like doing the unusual and having a very good shout at promotion. Now we have slipped out of the top 6 some of us are questioning the manager that has put us in the unusual position of not being in the bottom half :D

standupforcity

Fleck - inconsistent.

Murphy - inconsistent

Maddison - inconsistent

Ricketts - inconsistent

Cole - inconsistent

If you look at the players who ARE consistent, I think it comes down to just three. I believe those to be Stokes, Vincelot and Armstrong. You pretty much get the same effort and application week in, week out.

Martin, you could probably lump in with those three as well, but of course he has been missing for a number of games.

Which makes the point as to why it's unfair to single out Fleck for flack!!!

Otis

Which makes the point as to why it's unfair to single out Fleck for flack!!!
I only single Fleck out because he disappears from games.

Other players who are inconsistent like Murphy will just have bad games. Lameiras and Maddison too.

What I am talking about is not having bad games, but suddenly disappearing from games so you hardly know they are playing.

I would urge you to watch him closely.

I picked up on it one game where he started off really well and then I forgot he was playing second half. After that I made a point of keeping an eye on him and he's always doing it.

Not talking about good game, bad game, I'm talking about fading from games.

standupforcity

I only single Fleck out because he disappears from games.

Other players who are inconsistent like Murphy will just have bad games. Lameiras and Maddison too.

What I am talking about is not having bad games, but suddenly disappearing from games so you hardly know they are playing.

I would urge you to watch him closely.

I picked up on it one game where he started off really well and then I forgot he was playing second half. After that I made a point of keeping an eye on him and he's always doing it.

Not talking about good game, bad game, I'm talking about fading from games.

No, I'm referring to general way in which people are getting on Fleck's back, not just you Otis. Like the rest of the team at the moment, Fleck is suffering from a lack of confidence...nothing a win won't go a long way towards fixing. And there's still time to find that form again, and make the top 6...

Nick

Administrator
No, I'm referring to general way in which people are getting on Fleck's back, not just you Otis. Like the rest of the team at the moment, Fleck is suffering from a lack of confidence...nothing a win won't go a long way towards fixing. And there's still time to find that form again, and make the top 6...
I think it's just being pointed out he's not been man of the match and Andy Turner must be watching different games!

Otis

Fair enough.

I like Fleck, but am always on his case. :)

mrtrench

Andy Turner is to football analysis what Einstein is to Physics. He's only equalled by the impish Alan Poole - the man who Brian Clough begged to work with before settling for Peter Taylor. We are blessed to have two such geniuses commenting on CCFC and my guess is we'll only realise how much we miss them when Andy is transferred to the Shrewsbury Evening News or similar.

mrtrench

Fair enough.

I like Fleck, but am always on his case. :)

Which is exactly why he's inconsistent. How can he be expected to play well when he's constantly worrying about not being able to get his clean pants out of his case?

Otis

Which a lot of them are guilty of, not just Fleck
Not seen that. Have seen players play well and then wane.

Guess the only other one I can think of is Murphy. He can disappear a bit.

I think Maddison is always trying to get in the game but wanes, but what I am talking about with Fleck is at times it's almost like he's not on the pitch. You always know Murphy is there. You just see his head drop or his game go all over the place.

Don't know whether Fleck just switches off, loses interest, or just tires.

As I say, I see players have good games, then bad, or one good half and then one bad, but what I am talking about with Fleck is something different because it seems totally habitual.

It's almost like he has got a play/not play switch and someone suddenly clicks it during a game.

I won't be too sad if he goes in the summer. Vincelot is very consistent overall and we need some alongside him with that same degree of consistency.

We get that then we can go back to controlling games again, rather than it all being bits and pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread