Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Nadal-vs-Djokovic.jpg

Serbia's Novak Djokovic won his first Wimbledon title and proved himself the best player in the world with a stunning win over Rafael Nadal.

Djokovic came through 6-4 6-1 1-6 6-3 to end Nadal's reign as Wimbledon champion, before overtaking the Spaniard as world number one on Monday.

It was his 50th win in 51 matches and his fifth win over Nadal this year.

He becomes the first Serbian man to win Wimbledon, his third Grand Slam title after two Australian Open victories.

Djokovic had done enough before Sunday's final to guarantee himself the top ranking on Monday no matter what the result.

Last edited:

Paxman II

I thought Nadal was going to make a dramatic come back at one point but he seemed to lack to edge he had showed in the 3rd set. Injured maybe?
Take nothing away from Novak he earned his win and well done. probably the best result to show that the top 4 or 5 can beat Nadal in a grand slam so it augers well for the erst of the season and next.
This is where I expect they will be in the rankings come next years Wimbledon:

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Murray
4. Federer
5. Del Potro

rob9872

Nah Murray is about 20 places too high :)

rob9872

Out of interest what makes you think Djok will lose top spot? I think Rafa is the man and will be in slam finals to come for a long time still, but Novak has been awesome this year and it doesn't look like a flash in the pan with winning on all surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread