Not Taking Into Account The Financial Implications - Which Would You Rather ? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Relegation this season, followed by a trip to Wembley in the Johnsons Paint Trophy next season...

or

Safety this year.....followed by who knows what next year....

(for the record, i genuinely shocked myself when I had to think about it)

ccfcjdee

safety, if we go down we wouldn't come back up any time soon, I do fear that survival this year will only put it off though. If Sisu stay, we are going down at some point. No ambition.

Big Mo

Safety this year is only prolonging the inevitible - unless we get some investment league 1 is where we're going anyway.

Financial worries aside i'd be quite happy with league 1, dont think we'd come back up but hope we'd get above the misery of 17-20th every year!

Coventry La La La

It looks like a couple of West-Midlands clubs could be coming down this year from the PL so staying in the championship would give us more local derbies ( especially if the Vile come down! )

Big Mo

Scrap my previous comment, it would be a disaster if we went down if it meant missing out on laughing at villa in the championship!

bishbosh

Not taking into account the financial implications...

Stay where we are.

Taking into account the financial implications...

Go down and believe that we'll do what Leeds, Leicester, Norwich and likely Southampton have and are doing - rebuild and come back a much, much better team and organisation.

Pigeon

Neither... this is all just a terrible dream and were really in the Champions League quarter final. Odds on to win. 10 points clear of Utd in the Premier League. Leicester are also in blue square. :whistle:

In reality :(
If we stay up it's going to be the same thing next year. Mid table mediocracy at best!
If we go down I've got a feeling that were going to keep falling through the trap door.

Walking Bird

Safety 1st & every day!!!

Would be a disaster to go down..:eek:

Hcut PUSB

Saftey, and there are some really God awefull fixtures in League 1.

That said it would help with the 92!!!!!! Just kiddin.:wave:

rob9872

I would definitely choose safety ... but ...

... all of the current top six have been promoted into this league since we have been stuck in here. It could galvanise and get things rolling as a squad and stadium of people used to winning. Maybe we would start to believe and get some momentum from winning games, but I said that when we went down from the Premiership too and here we have remained. I fear that City being City like no other, would slowly slip until we were languishing in the lower depths of L1 and suggesting in a few years that relegation to L2 is what we need. We have bred a half-full stadium of pessimists and it's now spread to those of us who have tried to remain positive.

The golden Premiership ticket even if only for one season to enable a ground purchase and wipe the debts is the only thing that can truely protect the long term future of our club. Without investment it's almost impossible but we have to dream and we are best placed to grab that golden ticket if we can maintain our current status in the Championship.

... still some nice new away fixtures again I guess and more standing :)

Users who are viewing this thread