Not CCFC fan but will someone kindly explain to me... (1 Viewer)

jonjo

I am not a CCFC fan but have come here for a friendly explanation.

Who/what is SISU?

Why are they so bad?

PM if it is going to cause an uproar, I genuinely have no idea but the football community are all of the same opinion of them.

I come in peace.

Thanks.

Sky

SISU are our owners. They have sold around 20 players in the last 18 months and replaced them with our academy, 2 goal keepers one striker and a couple of loans.

dadgad

They are a shadowy, indistinct bunch ill suited to the world of football and the unique way that depends on a parochial, highly visible and passionate community.
They are better suited to the world of double-speak, subterfuge, boardrooms and pen-pushing.
It is an ill-conceived relationship which will hopefully end soon as things will only get worse.
Hope this helps.

TheRoyalScam

SISU are our owners. They have sold around 20 players in the last 18 months and replaced them with our academy, 2 goal keepers one striker and a couple of loans.

:thinking about:SISU don't own us. We don't know who our owners are.:( SISU are like an antiseptic truth barrier between CCFC and our owners. The boards that SISU have appointed have indeed sold around 20 players in the last 18 months and replaced them with our academy, 2 goal keepers one striker and a couple of loans.
:blue:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

They have given contracts to more directors than players in the last 12 months, placed the Chairman - who took a coach's coat from the club shop and called himself Director of Football - in the dug-out, and floated the idea of half time player substitutions being decided by a fans text-in. Lord knows how they thought you'd stop opposition fans from texting in with mischievous intent to get our better players off, but there you go.

To describe them as clueless would be an understatement of biblical proportions

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm reading a book at the moment about algorithmic trading, as used by many hedge funds - which is what, in effect SISU are. All of the clever decisions are made by computers. What's sold, what's bought and when.

Struck me how stupid you can be to run a successful hedge fund. I guess they didn't have an algorithm for dealing with Freddie Eastwood, Marlon King, et al

jonjo

thank you for the replies.

so that means they are not the owners but a middle man for the owners, who essentially pulls all the strings?

How do you/the club go about ridding of them, if they are not good enough?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

so that means they are not the owners but a middle man for the owners, who essentially pulls all the strings?

This may help:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/sep/27/coventry-city-ownership-sisu-damian-collins

wingy

They're like Piikeys ,its going to take a monumental shove to get rid.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Oh, and don't believe the £30m invested figure either. It's offset by player sales, which have been significant, the £5m sale of Prozone and the remortgaging of our training ground in 2011. Oh, and future season ticket sales income

SkyBlue_Bear83

They control all the funds from where ever they come from. I don't really understand this stuff fully but I think a variety of different individuals or organisations basically put money into SISU company as an investment. SISU then control these funds 100% and put them into several different investments to earn their clients money and take a share for them self. It has been said before people may not even know they have a shares in Coventry City as the money comes from private pension funds and so on.
I just call them the owners for simplification.
If the above is wrong could someone who understands this malarky please set it straight as I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, the club trades as Sky Blue Sports and Leisure. Since late 2011, the majority of the funds have been transferred into the ownership of Sconset Capital LP, this being a New York based hedge fund, registered in the Cayman Islands.

Sconset, in turn, is '100% controlled' by SISU Capital. Who manage a fund on behalf of investors they won't name.

There you go. Have I missed anything?

Oh, yes. It's all Andy Thorn's fault....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well, the club trades as Sky Blue Sports and Leisure. Since late 2011, the majority of the funds have been transferred into the ownership of Sconset Capital LP, this being a New York based hedge fund, registered in the Cayman Islands.

Sconset, in turn, is '100% controlled' by SISU Capital. Who manage a fund on behalf of investors they won't name.

There you go. Have I missed anything?

Oh, yes. It's all Andy Thorn's fault....
You know money has ruined football when you have to have a business qualification just to understand and discuss about the club

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Upon checking, Sconset own 13,150 shares, and do you know who owns the additional 548?

Mr Text-In-Your-Substitution himself; Leonard Brody. WTF?

dadgad

You know money has ruined football when you have to have a business qualification just to understand and discuss about the club

Haha, brilliant!!

All we need now is that brilliant economist Twatkins to come on and bleat "you can't spend what you don't have"

Users who are viewing this thread