NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM - GB v Brazil (1 Viewer)

Surprised no one's commented on GB Ladies fabulous win against favourites Brazil last night at Wembley before a 70,000 crowd.

Allright the "purists" can poke a bit of fun at ladies football if they have to but last night's performance was a joy to watch - end to end, free flowing attacking football - bags of commitment and enterprise.

I was particularly impressed with the attacking movements with a distinct lack of "Sideways Sammy" tactics delivering many intelligent through balls at pace splitting Brazil's defences time after time.

The only downside was possibly the lack of extended possession (by both teams) with the break up of play conceded by each team but this only enhanced the flow of the game with breakaways only adding to the excitement.

Skill factor was good with excellent individual performances from Bardsley, Houghton and Carney amongst others.

A major pleasing aspect for me was the players behaviour with respect to the WWE performances of their male counterparts ie diving, rolling around, shirt tugging, bad mouthing etc - very little of it last night.

The game was sportingly carried out with respect between players evident at all times

So, fortuitously GB play Canada at the Ricoh in the Quarter Final on Friday and a good chance to make the Semi's when considering last night's brilliant performance.

So folks, test the water - have a look at these more than worthy representatives of Team GB and the beautiful game in particular- you will be pleasantly surprised I assure you.

PUSB

jimmyhillsfanclub

.....Interesting to see if womens football manages to retain any of these fans once the olympic hype has faded.....

....my guess....they'll be back playing in front of a few ladies in comfortable shoes within the year.

Stevec189

Would be good if a couple of times per season Cov ladies were in a double header before the 3 pm kick off at the Ricoh. The Olympics have proven you can play two games on the same pitch without too many problems. If these were in August September and April May time the danger of bad weather would be reduced as well, I would go up early to watch a game before the mighty Sky Blues take to the stage. PUSB and PUSBL!

Users who are viewing this thread